Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 Ŧ 13 14 15 16 17 >

Jun 22 2009, 8:55 pm poison_us Post #281

Back* from the grave

-An option to hide all game-crashing sprites and/or units [independent command center, cave, cave-in, cantina, etc.]

Quote from payne
I'm stuck with 0.8.0 and I haven't found the download for newer version into stormcoast's site :S

The newest should be in the OP...

EDIT: BTW, can anyone convert from .rar to compressed folder for me?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2009, 12:37 am by poison_us.

Jul 1 2009, 3:11 am payne Post #282

:payne:

- SCMD2 crashes when you try to save a Brush but cancels instead of actually saving.
+ Make a "Rename" option for the Brushes
+ Add a "New Brush" option so we don't have to delete all the actual brushes of a saved file and re-save it as something else
+ Add a "Visual" option to the Brush so people can see what each brush look like without having to select them and move their mouse in the editor to see each one

;)

None.

Jul 1 2009, 4:00 am rockz Post #283

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from poison_us
-An option to hide all game-crashing sprites and/or units [independent command center, cave, cave-in, cantina, etc.]

Quote from payne
I'm stuck with 0.8.0 and I haven't found the download for newer version into stormcoast's site :S

The newest should be in the OP...

EDIT: BTW, can anyone convert from .rar to compressed folder for me?
Yes, but just go download winrar/7zip for yourself. If you don't like to install stuff, download 7zip portable.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 1 2009, 9:15 am Echo Post #284

I think there should be a stop button for the sound editor. It gets annoying sometimes when you can't stop a long wav.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 12:38 pm rockz Post #285

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

play a short one?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 2 2009, 7:48 pm samsizzle Post #286

When making natural isometrical terrain this should not be allowed by default. It doesnt look very natural

None.

Jul 2 2009, 8:14 pm Falkoner Post #287

When making natural isometrical terrain this should not be allowed by default. It doesnt look very natural

You can't honestly expect him to fix that, it's just random chance.

None.

Jul 2 2009, 8:39 pm FatalException Post #288

Every time I try to make a test map for mobile grids, it crashes. The test map is jungle terrain, all dirt, has start locations for player 1 and player 2, and one terran unit for player one that I picked at random each time. The first few times it crashed right after I made the first trigger with Switch in the conditions and Create Unit in the actions. Then it crashed after the first trigger was Always and Set Switch. After that, I made the first trigger Always and Preserve Trigger, then the next Always, Center View and Preserve Trigger, then I started on the mobile grid triggers. It crashed after I copied the unit creation trigger and started editing it to make the unit removal trigger.

Attachments:
Trigedit.dmp
Hits: 2 Size: 148.2kb

None.

Jul 3 2009, 5:38 pm payne Post #289

If you create a location without any snap on the grid and once it is created, you enlarge it (still no snap), trying to undo the enlargement will make the location snap to the grid while cancelling last action (enlargement).

None.

Jul 5 2009, 6:49 am r00k Post #290

look here...

One not existing Location appeared in my new map.
The name is a String of my Mission objectives.
When i delete the String, it takes the next String of my Misson Objectives and names the location with this name.
When i click on the name of the location nothing happens, so i cant delete it, cause it does not exist, only the name shows up.
Anyone ever had this and knows how to remove it.
Till now nothing bad happened, but i donīt have a good feeling about this thing being there.
edit 1 : I think this is not a good place to discuss this, if you wann help me plz go here.
edit 2 : I didnīt remove the post, cause i thought the author of scmdraft should know.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2009, 6:55 am by r00k.

None.

Jul 6 2009, 5:03 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #291

eternal lurker

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Placing, editing, or creating the terrain space crashes. I'm really shocked nobody noticed this before.
I've just noticed this as well. It's starting to annoy me...

None.

Jul 7 2009, 3:03 am rockz Post #292

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Placing, editing, or creating the terrain space crashes. I'm really shocked nobody noticed this before.
I've just noticed this as well. It's starting to annoy me...
There's actually many which will crash.

Jul 26 2009, 11:54 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #293

Just here for the activity... well not really

I was working on something and noticed:
"Place Map Revealers" function has uneven placements for different players.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jul 27 2009, 12:06 am CecilSunkure Post #294

I was working on something and noticed:
"Place Map Revealers" function has uneven placements for different players.
Also, in one or more of the default map dimensions, when you use the place map revealers, the left edge of the map has some FoW still able to be seen.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 3:48 am payne Post #295

SCMD2 should stack the Map Revealers :O

None.

Jul 27 2009, 4:44 am Falkoner Post #296

SCMD2 should stack the Map Revealers :O

Totally agreed, it uses more Map Revealers than it needs to because it doesn't stack them, although I think I would prefer them being like a pixel or two apart, so I can still only delete certain ones if I want.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 9:37 pm payne Post #297

You can simply select them all once stacked, go in properties and select the one you want to delete to finally press delete. It's much less a pain than trying to find the good pixel placement for your mouse...

None.

Jul 27 2009, 10:16 pm Falkoner Post #298

You can simply select them all once stacked, go in properties and select the one you want to delete to finally press delete. It's much less a pain than trying to find the good pixel placement for your mouse...

But it's not only selection, in fact, I'd say the main reason is so you can look at a glance and see who has Map Revealers where.

None.

Jul 28 2009, 7:37 am Jiggaboo Post #299

I think a cool new feature would be a "Copy/Cut/Paste All" feature ... where you can select and area and it will (copy/cut) everything (units/terrains/locations/doodads/etc) and can be pasted somewhere else.

Also (I'm sure this has already been posted, but I don't want to go through 15 pages to double check :P)
When cutting and pasting units, they don't properly snap to the grid.

None.

Jul 28 2009, 4:27 pm Falkoner Post #300

I think a cool new feature would be a "Copy/Cut/Paste All" feature ... where you can select and area and it will (copy/cut) everything (units/terrains/locations/doodads/etc) and can be pasted somewhere else.

There is already that, basically, except locations, and doing that for locations would be somewhat ridiculous, because when would you consider a location selected, when you're all around it, or when you touch it at all?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 Ŧ 13 14 15 16 17 >
  Back to forum