Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 >

Jul 28 2009, 6:29 pm Wormer Post #301

Quote from Jiggaboo
When cutting and pasting units, they don't properly snap to the grid.
I think this have been fixed in one of the latest releases. Check it.

- Though aligning to grid does not work when copy/paste a group (>1) of sprites. :-(
- Hiding all units and/or sprites could be very useful for terraining!

BUGREPORT:
The new trigedit crashes on Astrogears Mk I v3. Just open the map with SCMD and try draw isometric terrain.

Some.

Jul 28 2009, 7:40 pm samsizzle Post #302

Quote from Wormer
Quote from Jiggaboo
When cutting and pasting units, they don't properly snap to the grid.
I think this have been fixed in one of the latest releases. Check it.

- Though aligning to grid does not work when copy/paste a group (>1) of sprites. :-(
- Hiding all units and/or sprites could be very useful for terraining!

BUGREPORT:
The new trigedit crashes on Astrogears Mk I v3. Just open the map with SCMD and try draw isometric terrain.

thats because theres a bug already reported where if you try to make space terrain it crashes.

None.

Jul 28 2009, 9:55 pm poison_us Post #303

Back* from the grave

A selection box identifying the size of the area you're selecting (with options for pixels or tiles).

Would look something like:

Jul 30 2009, 5:44 pm Heinermann Post #304

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

The pylon power radius is incorrect.
There is also an unknown Space tileset crash. (Possibly to do with the star map)

Jul 30 2009, 6:01 pm Zell. Post #305

alphabetize the location list on sidebar

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:57 am samsizzle Post #306

Quote from Zell.

THIS!!!!

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:59 am Demented Shaman Post #307

Quote from Zell.
If you're going to do that make it an option.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 2:35 am payne Post #308

:payne:

Quote from name:Pariah
Quote from Zell.
If you're going to do that make it an option.
This ;)

Maybe allow a way of doing the same thing with triggers (+locations) than with the terrain's brush: being able to save some trigger with locations into the map saved with it so when you import it, it brings in everything that you need for it to work ^^ Maybe also allow us to select custom unit stats and some terrain parts so we can get a whole system copy-pasted in one second :D
(Seriously, that would be SO FUCKING AWESOME!!)

None.

Aug 4 2009, 8:34 pm Jiggaboo Post #309

Bug:

When you change a value in a trigger, the window doesn't get invalidated (refreshed). You have to click or do something to force the redraw.
(Example: Changing "Player 1 Brings unit to locX" to "Player 1 Brings unit to locY" .. it would still show "locX" until you forced a redraw, by clicking on something else or w/e)

Also, it seems that some units are always selected, and some have random colored selection circles around them. Just a little buggy.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 8:41 pm samsizzle Post #310

every time you go from one window to another and have recently placed a doodad in a window and you go back to that window the doodad pops up. its very annoying when your copying and pasting details and such very often.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 12:26 pm Jiggaboo Post #311

I think it would be awesome, and make editing strings a lot easier if you could organize them by what they belong too (such as unit name, location, trigger, etc)
So maybe have tabs or some method to filter and narrow down what you're looking at.

yes / no?

None.

Aug 6 2009, 3:21 pm payne Post #312

Quote from Jiggaboo
I think it would be awesome, and make editing strings a lot easier if you could organize them by what they belong too (such as unit name, location, trigger, etc)
So maybe have tabs or some method to filter and narrow down what you're looking at.

yes / no?
This :D

Also, when we write text into triggers, we must then move our hand to the mouse and the mouse to the "Okay" which is very annoying I think... Maybe Shift+Enter should validate an entry?

None.

Aug 7 2009, 6:11 am Heinermann Post #313

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

The default name "Untitled Scenario." should not have a period. Scenarios in Staredit don't have it, and it looks ugly.

Aug 7 2009, 6:35 am payne Post #314

Quote from Heinermann
The default name "Untitled Scenario." should not have a period. Scenarios in Staredit don't have it, and it looks ugly.
This :D

Also, when you are under the Doodad label, it displays you the number of doodads. Could you also add the number of additional sprites the doodads suck up? It would be so handful for terrainers like me which loves to go mad with sprites :P
When under Location label, show the total number of locations, including Anywhere.
When under Sprites and Doodads label, please make it so we see the number of sprites/doodads selected, thanks ^^

Moreover, when I switch to Doodads label, I sometime need to right click somewhere in order to be able to start selecting things.
When you place a doodad at the very edges of a map and try to delete it, it do not gets deleted completely and this, for the rest of your life ;P
Auto-detect when the map maker reaches 499 sprites (including doodad's) to send a pop-up saying he has reached SC's limit and asking him if he wants to continue.
When selecting terrain, sometimes, it's a real pain to achieve the selection and you select a damn tile which you didn't want to select but there is no way to unselect it. Please add a shortcut to unselect some parts.

Plus, when you select "burrowed" in the editor for a unit, it would be great if it could auto-set Burrow ability as "Researched" for the current players ;)
Also add a grid for sprites please.
Maybe giving us a way to access directly to a unit's stats via the main screen (where you do your terrain and all) without having to surf on the menus and find the exact unit in the unit list would rock too.
Please fix the terrain palette so it do not shows one hundred useless null tile. Keep some to separate the main terrain parts, but remove that huge blank a bit after the middle.
Giving us a "New" button for the Brush palette would be appreciated much too :) Right now, I must have an empty brush saved, open it and save it under a new name with the brushes I want to get a new one :S

Yup, that's a lot, but I got mad at SC's sprite limits today and it inspired me :P

None.

Aug 7 2009, 10:50 am Zhuinden Post #315

Hey, I was wondering that even though we get all the SCMDraft updates, there is one thing that always bothered me.

Whenever I tried to use the text-based Trigedit, pressing Run always said "Error: Start at line 0 / Error: End at line x" and that seemed to be okay, but the triggers were always messed up afterwards! I cannot really explain how, as I don't really know why, but it always messed it up. Is there any special way of using that, or am I doing something wrong?

None.

Aug 7 2009, 6:06 pm Jesusfreak Post #316

Quick question: Scmdraft works on Vista, right? My new laptop that I'm going to be using in college this year is a vista... :(

None.

Aug 7 2009, 6:11 pm darksnow Post #317

yea it works on vista, im using it just fine

None.

Aug 7 2009, 6:29 pm Ahli Post #318

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Jesusfreak
Quick question: Scmdraft works on Vista, right? My new laptop that I'm going to be using in college this year is a vista... :(
1 drawback: the zoom function will freeze on Vista.

Aug 7 2009, 6:33 pm darksnow Post #319

theres a zoom function?!

None.

Aug 7 2009, 6:44 pm Demented Shaman Post #320

Quote from darksnow
theres a zoom function?!
There there is.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 >
  Back to forum