Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final call for scmdraft
Final call for scmdraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 27 2009, 10:47 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1517 >

May 24 2009, 9:04 pm FoxWolf1 Post #241

A couple of things that have occurred to me recently...

I would like an option to make the string editor display strings as they would be displayed by a Display Text trigger. The current string editor has got colors down, but in terms of spacing, line lengths, number of lines to display, etc., it's no help, which for me has meant many hours of in-game tinkering for even relatively simple text alignment tasks. Tweaking the string editor to allow for an ingame-style display would save a lot of time.

It'd also be nice to be able to click a button and have it list off all of the units that are mentioned in Set Deaths actions, so that you could know on the spot which death counters have been used. If you wanted, it could do something similar for switches, too. After all, if you're picking up a project after a long period of not working on it (I've been known to occasionally pick up work on maps that I stopped developing 5+ years ago), or working on a map originated by someone else, or simply working on a very large project where a large portion of the available units are used, it's all too easy to accidentally reuse a switch or death count, which leads to the sort of bug that can be quite annoying to track down and eliminate.

Sure, these are basically "comfort requests", but honestly, for people who are sensible and save frequently, fixing very rare crashes/bugs makes less of a difference than adding genuine convenience. Plus, some convenience features are likely to be used frequently by a good deal of the program's user base, while at this point, the program is sufficiently powerful that truly new capabilities are only going to be used on an occasional basis by a very few (advanced) users.

None.

May 25 2009, 1:04 pm flagitious Post #242

hey, this latest version is definitely cool. suicidal insanity, if you plan on making any more versions here are a couple of bugs i noticed:

when using the memory condition, you cannot make the integer long enough (it stops you at 9 digits instead of 10 which is the size of the largest possible 4 byte integer).

when using the deaths condition, if you change player first, it morphs into the memory condition sometimes, even when selecting a normal player like current player or player 2.

for some reason when double clicking maps from explorer, it starts smcdraft2 but won't open the map anymore.

also not a bug but an idea, if you open trigedit, and there are invalid strings/units, those will be lost when you compile. it would be nice if there was a way to preserve invalid things by specifying something like StringId:9203039.

sorry if some of those have been mentioned, quite alot of feedback in this thread, because it is ofcourse the best editor out there.

flag

None.

May 26 2009, 4:43 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #243

These might have been mentioned, but I don't have the time to read 10+ pages

When resizing the triggers window, the buttons move?
Save/Load triggers?

None.

May 27 2009, 1:23 am samsizzle Post #244

Do you see whats wrong with this picture?

The isom subtiles dont match. This happens once in a while with normal isom terrain.

None.

May 28 2009, 8:51 pm Pr0nogo Post #245

Rar. Whenever I'm clicking around in the spawn menu (left side) and press an arrow key, SCMDraft freezes and I'm forced to restart.

May 29 2009, 9:41 pm Heinermann Post #246

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Quote from samsizzle
Do you see whats wrong with this picture?

The isom subtiles dont match. This happens once in a while with normal isom terrain.
I don't see anything wrong with that picture.

Also, SCMD2 crashes when the star map (space tileset) is [missing/undefined]?

May 29 2009, 9:52 pm Falkoner Post #247

I don't see anything wrong with that picture.

The bottom of the cliff has the wrong tile, it has the tile it would have if there was another cliff directly below it, rather than dirt.

None.

May 30 2009, 10:32 pm r00k Post #248

Oh i didnt know you are working on Trigedit too.
One thing i think would be a great help is a function, that would combine selected text lines in one line.
Even if it is one Trigger, or 100 Trigger.
If you click on the + they will open and on the - they close.

Cream of the crop would be if you see the beginning on mouseover, but that is not really needed.

None.

May 31 2009, 8:23 pm rockz Post #249

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from r00k
Cream of the crop would be if you see the beginning on mouseover, but that is not really needed.
especially considering notepad++ is so much better than trigedit for everything, and it's only a copy/paste away.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 2 2009, 9:11 pm payne Post #250

:payne:

Maybe having an option to be able to see the selected unit's range? :D
Also, have you added that famous "Bug-detection"? It could be as simple as, when you save your map, a message pop-up and says "SCMDraft 2 has detected a certain sprites that may occur crash, would you like SCMDraft 2 to remove it before saving?"
And how do we get the latest version? I click on "check-up for updates" but it doesn't work :(

EDIT:
May I also suggest a "Inverted Location" check box that would automatically invert the appropriate coordinates of the selected location? I know it's easily doable, but if this can save up more time... also maybe add a unit selection box at the right of it? For example, if I want a location to be at the right size for detecting a Goliath's movement and inverted, I would have to create a location of any size, select it, press enter, check "Inverted" and choose "Terran Goliath".
THAT WOULD ROCK! <3
¨¨

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 4 2009, 4:55 pm by payne.

None.

Jun 4 2009, 9:02 pm Vrael Post #251

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but sorry for redundancy if it has been: the ability to tag triggers and filter them by tag. This would help a bunch for working on specific systems, and having the text editor be able to filter would be great too.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 4:37 pm Fallen Post #252

there are a ridiculous amount of post so i don't know if its been said or not. But i would like it if i could make custom hotkeys. So i can press "1" and get to terrain. "2" to get back to units. "3" to toggle fog of war "4" to bring up the terrain platelet. and yeah, its just repetitive tasks that dont need to be there.
Since pressing '1-9' is hotkeyed as players it would have to be 'Shift+1' or a letter, but something along those lines

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2009, 5:57 pm by Fallen.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 5:38 pm payne Post #253

:payne:

Quote from Fallen
there are a ridiculous amount of post so i don't know if its been said or not. But i would like it if i could make custom hotkeys. So i can press "1" and get to terrain. "2" to get back to units. "3" to toggle fog of war "4" to bring up the terrain platelet. and yeah, its just repetitive tasks that dont need to be there.
This! :D

None.

Jun 8 2009, 1:12 am Morphling Post #254

Bug: Go to text editor, delete all text, compile, and open it again. All of the triggers will still be there. It only does this when you delect everything.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:38 am rockz Post #255

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

One request, as the new condition has caused some problems for folks.

A) Option to turn off memory condition
B) Add a unit to the memory condition. Any unit that isn't terran marine (0) turns into deaths automatically.
C) Mix of both, changes all deaths to memory, but allows any unit ID and any player number.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 8 2009, 5:55 pm Fallen Post #256

It bulky i know, i am sorry but that is just annoying to have happen. I am not sure if it has been said though. Having them not together is kinda frustrating when you making triggers and they are all outta order

None.

Jun 8 2009, 6:47 pm Stupid: Fred Post #257

Hello, pathde_f here, and here are my SCMD Pet Peeves:
1. I'd like to be able to drag and drop triggers from other maps of mine into the other map when I have 2 SCMD's opened.
2. Lets say I have 8 Locations, 1spell1, 1spell2, 3spell1, help, ect; OK? So when I go to use the bring trigger I have the option of viewing all locations or certain locations that i've assigned to that specific player.
3. tabs: on the right side of the screen put little tabs where we can quickly open the trig editor/briefing editor, the properties box, ect. So when I'm in the properties box I cant click away without (x'ing) our the box ok? so in this case i just click on the map after renaming my unit and then I go back and its saved my place where i was last.
4. I'd like it so you don't have to uncheck in the properties box every time you want to modify a units stats/name.
5. Also locations go in order as you place them. you should make it so we can make custom catagories, or rearrange the order of them. It annoys me so..
6. I've got no clue if you can already rename location "anywhere", but I'd like the ability to do that please.
7. I'd like it so we can do a select all 'no' when in the properties box so we didn't have to go through each player and select 'no' to disable the building of a certain unit.
8. Make Subcatagories under players like Player 1: - Spell System Triggers, and it would only show you the triggers for your spell system.
9. If you lay a sprite over a doodad I cannot select the doodad until I delete the sprite.
10. The option of setting an option where you can just hover your unit over the unit/building name int he selection list on the left and then you can open a small box that you can quickly modify properties there from, and if you high light the name you can rename it to w/e you want.

P.S., No Clue if any of this has been mentioned.
Thanks.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2009, 6:05 pm by Stupid: Fred.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 9:28 pm poison_us Post #258

Back* from the grave

Has anyone mentioned something about a separate unit/building stack options? I just got done with a lil editing and it bugs me when I have to remember to turn off enabled stacking for the units. :ermm:
As of right now, there's only an "allow stack" option, not one like
options-->units-->allow unit stack
and then
options-->units-->allow building stack

EDIT 2: The person above's last complaint gave me an idea: remove the location "anywhere". It would create a rift in the space-time continuum and a black hole would appear fairly close to Betelgeuse. That star's name freaks me out, and therefore must perish.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2009, 9:35 pm by poison_us.

Jun 9 2009, 1:18 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #259

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from MSN with a banned member
Kevin says:
*what do i post
*"placing space terrain crashes"?
THE BANISHED ONE says:
*well
*that
*and creating a map starting with space terrain crashes
*and opening a map that already has space terrain and trying to place different terrain on it
*crashes
*it seems like anything that has to do with changing space terrain crashes
*editting it
Placing, editing, or creating the terrain space crashes. I'm really shocked nobody noticed this before.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 9 2009, 2:17 am ForTheSwarm Post #260

I noticed it before, but I thought it was because of my corrupted map.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1517 >
  Back to forum