Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 66 67 68 69 70 >

Mar 19 2010, 5:51 am Wing Zero Post #1341

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

pshhhhh UU is slow, he needs constant pressure on his ass (metaphorically speaking) to complete something

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2010, 6:18 am by Wing Zero.

Mar 19 2010, 6:10 am UnholyUrine Post #1342

That's not what i mean when I say "I said what what, in the butt"

besides.. i've given the project to flash.. so blame him instead. In fact, I don't know what kind of monster child he has concieved.. cause i haven't seen the map for almost a week now :crazy:

None.

Mar 19 2010, 10:13 pm FlashBeer Post #1343

Hey everyone, I've been busy moving the past few days. I've had allergies and been hauling furniture and crap until 3 and 4am, because apparently we had to be out of the house 5 days earlier than expected. Right now I'm leeching off someone else's internet connection until I get my own.

Enough about my stupid problems, we need TS! I'll be getting back to mapping shortly (still have stuff to unpack).

Unholy: I still need unused death counts for P1-6. Give me 5 of them or so.

None.

Mar 28 2010, 4:35 pm 180shotblock Post #1344

Hey, when is TS gonna be Mac compatible again? i was able to play some of the earlier mods every now and then when SC didnt crash, and i really liked all of the new stuff that was being added and all of the stuff that was being changed. Do you need error reports or something?

None.

Mar 29 2010, 5:38 pm UnholyUrine Post #1345

We need someone with a mac, and willing to crash test stuff all the time :P

Give us a shout if u are one of those people...

As for the updates.. I'll give you a Teaser right now (because, yes, it HAS been a long time)

Teaser Warning (Don't open if you don't like being Teased ^^ )

I'm going to go out on a limb and say.. many of the changes are imbalanced. But wtf, TS started out like this anyway. If we were to make people play the newest ver.. ample changes need to be applied. I also realize that many people simply want a competitive and balanced version. I want to say that I haven't ignored you yet, and everything before all these changes have been towards that goal (like the Morale system, and what not). But these current changes will bring forth a more fun experience, and that, to me, is more important.

Oh, and.. most of the work's by Flashbeer .. :D :D ... He has the right mindset and the energy to create all of this..
Thanks <3

None.

Mar 30 2010, 2:03 am 24million Post #1346

:hurr: i hate being teased about new versions of ts that i cant play, but i just had to read the box.

so....any idea when it will be done?

None.

Mar 30 2010, 2:29 am XGenesis Post #1347

Looks like the terrain changed a lot too :O

None.

Mar 30 2010, 2:46 am LoTu)S Post #1348

Heh i can wait as long as it takes! The new spells facinate me, though the rine l3 left me puzzled a bit. Im only concerned with the fact that sin is going to be revamped, just hoping its not another l1 modification. Expecting great things from the revamped units. Hope you guys can finish in time b4 some ppl lose interest.

None.

Mar 30 2010, 4:21 am NinjaOtis Post #1349

Why can rine only have 1 dweb max?

None.

Mar 30 2010, 5:21 am FlashBeer Post #1350

It's being changed to 3 max.

None.

Mar 30 2010, 2:27 pm NinjaOtis Post #1351

Good, and why is volt's l2 useless?

None.

Mar 30 2010, 8:30 pm FlashBeer Post #1352

I had plans for volt's L2.

EDIT: I finally made some progress.

Screenshots

There's plenty more to include, but it's a bit late right now- so I'll be posting all the changes later. In the mean time, just beta test for bugs and balances and tell me what you think. Good changes? Bad?

Attachments:
Temple_Siege_NewBETA.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 1195.18kb

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 1 2010, 6:06 pm by FlashBeer.

None.

Apr 2 2010, 2:12 am FlashBeer Post #1353

EDIT: I forgot that I didn't compress the previous version.

Here is the compressed version.

Attachments:
Temple_Siege_NewBETA.scx
Hits: 6 Size: 569.17kb

None.

Apr 2 2010, 2:30 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1354

Just here for the activity... well not really

Assault losing natural D-Web... oh well. The new Grenade Launcher looks cool, and I guess offensive spells fit "Assault" better.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 2 2010, 5:07 am killer_sss Post #1355

why did you change the l1b of the goon from clone to scouts??? quite perplexed with this because his base is ground and he definately wasn't the strongest hero.

None.

Apr 2 2010, 5:17 am Changeling Post #1356

Maybe the void shifter is stronger.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 11:43 pm by arandomperson.

None.

Apr 2 2010, 5:47 am UnholyUrine Post #1357

Killer has a good point...

L1b before was to aid Psion in helping him farm, due to its lame dmg bias against small units.
I think this change was because Scouts do ground dmg without the bias, so psion wouldn't hurt so much against mech n volt.
We'll have to test this out.. but we are prepared to change it back to the immobile dragoon if need be.

Scouts are on the table as one of the few units that can still be used as a spell.

btw flash.. u released beta already? ><" ... bad use of my teaser :(

None.

Apr 2 2010, 9:17 am FlashBeer Post #1358

Right, having a dragoon as L1b makes psion mainly a 'vs large' type hero. Though he was good vs large units, he wasn't very good against small heroes nor spawns. I wanted to give a tech path that allows for spawn-killing. Psion himself, still does high dmg and will use DTs for his L2. Psion never was meant to be a PKing hero, but more of an assister- this isn't to say that Psion is incapable of killing.

While Psion is not the strongest hero, his attack and hp are higher than normal units. Psion's improved L1 now drains and syphons mana based upon how much mana the enemy has- allowing him to use reduce the spells of his foes and cast more himself.

The new Psion will be an anti-mana hero, while spamming spells himself. This gap in mana will be offset by less-powerful spells. However, he will be able to constantly run them in a battle, and against multiple opponents at a time- making him a good team-player as well.

None.

Apr 2 2010, 6:21 pm killer_sss Post #1359

My thoughts on scouts vs goon not that this has to go either way.
First off I'll compare dmg and upgrade ability because I'm not sure if you've allowed scout ups or not.

The scouts offer less biased dmg but may or may not be upgradeable depending on how you chose. If not upgradeable this spell has to have decent dmg to start with and just wont cut it later on. This is why I assume you chose upgradeable. If you do this you are forcing split upgrades upon a hero that has severe problems with killing things due to his bias towards big units as most of the game contains small units except for a few big units.

This is not to say this can't be dealt with but then again this is only 50 mana which means this may become more of an mutalisk archer type player. His previous l2 (before beta) was decent dmg but wasn't necessairly the best thing for attacking and may need to be buffed to deal with this. Also by allowing Air ups this may buff L4 somewhat (assuming its the same haven't tried beta been a little busy with life lately).

Overall I think this leads to more of the same type of characters. Granted it is a bit different since it costs more and does drain some mana as well. 50 mana every spawn wave is a lot to deal with at the begining and with split ups this makes the choice harder. This makes him more mana intensive at the begining and stronger late game.
We will see how it plays out though.

None.

Apr 2 2010, 7:27 pm FlashBeer Post #1360

I was thinking of letting Psion have +5 upgrades (and alter the base dmg) so that ground dmg is for vs players, and scouts are mainly for spawn-killing. If players go purely ground ups, they will be lacking in spawn-killing- so they should get air ups. However, if they go purely air ups, they will have a hard time killing players (due to low dmg and high ROF)- so I am forcing a bit of split upgrades.

Quote from killer
50 mana every spawn wave is a lot to deal with at the begining and with split ups this makes the choice harder.
Grinding near foes will help remedy this. If a foe is near you while farming, cast L1, syphon mana, cast L1b. If he is not near you, then he is losing out on exp (or just go to where he is)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 66 67 68 69 70 >
  Back to forum