Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 65 66 67 68 6970 >

Mar 10 2010, 1:17 am LoTu)S Post #1321

a new zergling will respawn, free of charge, next to your defiler.. At first, I was iffy about this idea, as it may feed the other team, but it may work, because it pushes the summoner to get out of the base.
Sorry, could you clarify how free ling would push summoner out? I feel its more of a reason for it to stay. Ya it means Summoner will always have an attack, but 1 ling isnt exactly firepower to roam freely.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 1:30 am Neki Post #1322

One ling isn't that good for feeding is it?

None.

Mar 10 2010, 1:35 am UnholyUrine Post #1323

Basically.. if your last zling has been killed, and you have not had to auto-respawn a zling for some time, a zling will pop up at the summoner...

If you kept ur summoner at base... it wouldn't do you any good to continually move the zling from ur base to where you were farming...

Then again, you might just wait at the base still.... lol...
We'll see how this works.. I'm not sure of it myself.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 2:18 am FlashBeer Post #1324

Do keep in mind that there is a 5 zling max cap at the start. What good does extra mana do you when you have max zlings? You can now put the civs into spells or hp. If you have spells, you would need to leave base to use them. More hp allows your summoner to leave base as well.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 2:24 am LoTu)S Post #1325

Its true that you can spend civs on spells and hp, but you're going to need the xtra mana if you go out and your lings are killed and you have no D. An l3 summoner with 120 energy isnt exactly the best if it comes to defense. More lings, more mana= more coverage.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 2:32 am Jack Post #1326

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from FlashBeer
Do keep in mind that there is a 5 zling max cap at the start. What good does extra mana do you when you have max zlings? You can now put the civs into spells or hp. If you have spells, you would need to leave base to use them. More hp allows your summoner to leave base as well.
If you include the multiple ling spawn when you have no lings, that just means summoner can have as many lings as he has mana for, and makes them strong due to levels going to minerals, and once the spawn is high enough the summy can upgrade mana and spells at will.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 10 2010, 2:50 am FlashBeer Post #1327

Well, if you already have more lings, and you already have more coverage, you don't get the benefits of extra zlings. You only auto-spawn a zling if you have at most 1. Alternatively, you can wait until all you zlings die, auto-spawn your 2 zlings, then spawn more, but then you aren't grinding when they die. I can't see how this system would benefit someone that always has +2 zlings out all the time.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 2:56 am Jack Post #1328

If you lose all your lings, you don't need mana for your first ling, so you can use the rest for even more lings. It means if you lose them all, you can go back to 3-4 lings in seconds, with no mana upgrades.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 10 2010, 3:16 am FlashBeer Post #1329

Exactly, you won't be as reliant on mana upgrades. Now for someone that does have mana upgrades, they will still have just about the same number of zlings as they always do. Going from 0 zlings to 4 zlings (no mana ups), is much more of a difference, than having all yor zlings die, then spawning 5 (heavy mana ups).

None.

Mar 10 2010, 5:17 am Wing Zero Post #1330

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Keeping the current version to yourselves isn't gonna help you, release another beta so we can actually give real feedback instead of this theorycrafting :P

Mar 10 2010, 6:24 am UnholyUrine Post #1331

Shush... we're adding a lot of things :awesome: ...
We'll release another beta.. blame Flash

None.

Mar 10 2010, 6:32 am Wing Zero Post #1332

baaah it doesn't have to be finished, just release something. Maybe we will catch something you missed :D.

Mar 10 2010, 10:40 pm LoTu)S Post #1333

Honestly i rather have a beta where most of the bugs are found and units are balanced as possible. Less bugs mean less maps to dl again. Also it shows professionalism from the mapmaker :D, instead of "Heres my map guys, ya i havent really checked anything, if you cant pick heroes, tough luck" or something like that.

Take your time and release the map when you think its ready! ^^

None.

Mar 10 2010, 10:48 pm 24million Post #1334

yeah, i agree with lotus. when 1.6 beta first came out, i hosted it for a while. at first, people joined and were interested in the changes. then, they realized it had a bunch of bugs that mess up the game, and it couldnt be played very well, so people just stopped joining. if you release another version that still has bugs or imba units, people still probably wont play it. i feel like people wont play the beta version because they want a good version thats not full of bugs. once you release one that doesnt have any huge bugs in it and the heroes are close to balanced, people might actually start playing it.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 11:21 pm FlashBeer Post #1335

That's what I'm shooting for.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 8:34 pm Wing Zero Post #1336

Well, any progress yet? :massimo:

EDIT: AWWW i was one post away from 1337 and i don't want to double post QQ

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2010, 9:43 pm by Wing Zero.

Mar 18 2010, 10:04 pm Jack Post #1337

Yes there is progress. Marine's new spell set is VERY hot, my kills-to-exp is nearly done and I can finish it when it's needed, and beer has put in some other changes which may or may not play well.

(temples are still gay Flashbeer, gates were better IMHO)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2010, 10:05 pm by Jack. Reason: 1337. Eat it wing.

Red classic.

Mar 18 2010, 10:36 pm LoTu)S Post #1338

Try to keep the key buildings intact. Seeing a protoss temple spewing units is more of a ds concept to me.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 1:03 am Wing Zero Post #1339

I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mar 19 2010, 5:29 am LoTu)S Post #1340

Quote from Wing Zero
I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Patience young grasshopper. They will show it when its ready.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 65 66 67 68 6970 >
  Back to forum