Shhh not so loud. :awesome:
Flash's messing with it for now anyway.... <.<

None.

Feb 26 2010, 5:58 am LoTu)S Post #1302

Quote from UnholyUrine
:-_-:
Hook has a 2x2 location as the "hook", but a 4x4 location as the "pull"

Either way the location range is too short somehow :hurr:

ppl like straight-forward things, not complex stuff, the prev ver of ts (1.4) had awesome terrain because you could see where you were actually going with a diverse amount of (sprites and doodads?). M8T is Straight-forward, but too Straight-forward. Sure less chance of getting stuck, but wheres the fun?

None.

Feb 26 2010, 8:25 pm killer_sss Post #1303

the phantom doesn't have problems his l2 as is right now may not hit all the time but to get the best hit ratio you need to click the phantom then his target.
It isn't that hard rocks anymore more shots off makes its avoidance part too much and if he doesn't transform his defense isn't good enough to avoid most spells.
Phantoms are ok but they don't work very well for someone targeting you. Once you cast and displace they only need find you or cast a spell and you are toast.

As for l3 granted it doesn't work 100% like it was intended but it does work and is straight-foward. Use it as a stun if you can't get it to pull off the way you want. It isn't like it is bad for a stun anyhow.

the phantom works fine and is much more balanced than the rediculous m8 rine.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 10:26 pm rockz Post #1304

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

m8 rine is only ridiculous because of damage output. all his spells are offensive, dealing 90 * 3, 250, (100+10) *3, and 90 * a lot. Couple that with +3 damage ups, he's unstoppable lategame. I never had a problem with 15 + 2 in m3. It made you get spells for him. If you play a +3 rine, you can do very well just HP/ups. That should never be a viable build.

It isn't that hard rocks anymore more shots off makes its avoidance part too much and if he doesn't transform his defense isn't good enough to avoid most spells.
what?

l2 not hitting sounds like a problem to me. 80 mana for a stun that only targets 1 person, has a very small radius, and lasts as long as a 50 mana spell is a bad stun.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 26 2010, 11:12 pm FlashBeer Post #1305

I have a few idea's for engineer to replace mine drone, while still keeping him defensive, and adding offensive capabilities.
L4 - Minecluster - Creates 5 'mines' in a spread out pattern. Stepping over one of the mines detonates all 'mines' in the surrounding area, spawning firebats on each mine for 1 attack, and stunning the enemy for a good amount of time. Like ED's sandtrap, you will be immune to the 'mines' a short while after.

Also, when you buy L4, you will then have the option of building a non-siegeable tank from the SCV (max of 1). It will be computer owned, but when you step near it, you enter it. You can still repair it and cast all spells from it, but the L4 will cause it to self-destruct (so you can leave the tank) and instantly create the effects of the Minecluster spell near the explosion (plus mana drain).

EDIT: I just thought of a few ideas for assault.
Grenade seems like a good main source of weaponry for assault, I think it should be L1, and it would be somewhere in the ballpark of volt's l1 time (won't be able to chainstun too, how volt's works) and still kill spawns.
L2 - Grenade Launcher - Moves a hotkeyable corsair with enough energy for 3-5 shots. Each d-web is removed and spawns firebats.
L3 - Heavy Machine Gun/Gattling Gun - Rapidly fires wraiths above the hero. It'll be very powerful, but you'll also be slowed.
L4 - This is where I think Dropship should go since there are some heroes that can't touch it. Instead of having 'bombs' your arsenal will be your spells.
L1 in the 'Gunship' will do stun bombs (like originally but w/o chainstun)
L2 will spawn a scourage (missle) that explodes into firebats on contact.
L3 will still fire wraiths

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 26 2010, 11:31 pm by FlashBeer.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 11:19 pm killer_sss Post #1306

No the m8 rine is reddiculous because he can dodge every spell you toss out at him and can chain the dodge so if you decide to cast multiples all you are really doing is taking dmg and wasting mana. This is why the attack duration cannot last longer because it is a 50 mana spell.

If the phantom doesn't Transform It becomes a straight dmg spell and l1 alone doesn't cut it for him. This is why the medic's l2 is so strong else she would be raped.

Thing is with that stun spell she can also set up her l4. as soon as its over bring the halicantions surrounding just into range and trigger l4 or precast during the l3 so they transform for a kill shot. And btw it has a slightly longer duration and since it does pull albeit not the best you can use it in some other situations as well.

To unholy: the gysers you placed are great would you mind making so my scv doesn't get stuck every on a few of them. The gyser in the top temple area and the bottom outpost have my guy get stuck nearly everytime as I'm not watching him finish since I'm doing other things. Recasting 50 mana when all i have is l2 at the very begining with no mana ups slows down my assim rate quite a bit.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 11:33 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1307

A skillful player can abuse the pause glitch
what is this i dont even

Feb 26 2010, 11:52 pm rockz Post #1308

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from name:Jennifer Love Hewitt
what is this i dont even

Quote from Wing Zero
what is this i dont even

Yeah, ditto

You know when you get stuck an can't move because you've right clicked a unit too many times with an ultra, marine, zealot, hydra, ghost, or pretty much any other unit?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 26 2010, 11:58 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 26 2010, 11:55 pm Wing Zero Post #1309

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

what is this i dont even

Yeah, ditto

EDIT: You have NO idea how many that screwed me up both running from and chasing enemy heroes

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 27 2010, 1:22 am by Wing Zero.

Feb 27 2010, 12:12 am ClansAreForGays Post #1310

Oh, I call that unit freeze. Thought there was something neat I could do by hitting pause.

Feb 27 2010, 12:50 am Moose Post #1311

We live in a society.

Quote from UnholyUrine
EDIT: Sidenote.. Both CAFG and MiniMoose will inevitably be biased against my map.. it's only natural D: .. I'd complain about M8T or M9 or w/e CAFG makes later on, too. Because of this, I haven't really asked them directly for help... If either of u read this, just know that I respect whatever u guys think, but I needed motivation and unbiased suggestions, and I felt that it was probably better to ask other ppl. (And anyway, you guys didn't post anything here... which tells me u guys don't really want to be part of it :ermm:
While I haven't been following the topic or 1.6's changes, I just wanted to say something about this. I have always been for the advancement of the game and for reasonable experimentation. You may not have asked me for much help, but likewise I haven't asked much of you. Also, bear in mind that as far as I know, an open M version was the base for 1.5. (Likewise, I asked you for an open 1.5 which I did use changes from, such as LM's L2 placement and Mutant's L3 delay)

I digress. I just wanted to say that I don't know why you would think I'd be biased against good things (Assuming that they are good, I don't actually know. :P) by virtue of you having created it. If you would like open version of the M series, Unholy, I am willing to send you everything that I sent to Clans. I owe you that much.

Feb 27 2010, 10:18 am UnholyUrine Post #1312

Also, when you buy L4, you will then have the option of building a non-siegeable tank from the SCV (max of 1). It will be computer owned, but when you step near it, you enter it. You can still repair it and cast all spells from it, but the L4 will cause it to self-destruct (so you can leave the tank) and instantly create the effects of the Minecluster spell near the explosion (plus mana drain).

The tank by Itself would be already be a great L4. I have thought of this, but never did it, because I was afraid of it being too OP. It is plausible, because the current normal mode edmund duke isn't used... tho the problem arises when you siege it, it'd be the Riot cannon.

@MiniMoose

Much Love <3 .. I just haven't noticed u posting for a while. I have and still will look into the M series for ideas. Tho, in truth, I'd have a lot of things to complain about there, and similarly, you'd have a lot of things to complain about in v1.6.. which was what I meant by biased suggestions.

U know what? thinking about it.. I doubt it's really that biased... I a would like to know what you two think about this. As for M8... if u really wanna know, i can post sm stuff on the M8E thread :P

None.

Feb 27 2010, 11:28 am FlashBeer Post #1313

Oh right, I forgot Tank and Duke were switched. Can't they just be switched back and remove siege mode (ofc keep it for mech)? (Why were they switched in the first place?)
Also we could have riot cannons player-owned so that they can be directed to attack. Then vehicle ups for cannon and tank would be good for an l4 build while infantry ups (if clustermines were added) would support a defensive build.

Btw, I sent you a PM a while ago, you gave me the wrong map (no nexuses).

None.

Feb 27 2010, 6:05 pm UnholyUrine Post #1314

It's because Edmund Duke is the Tank that does not have the AI to unsiege.

None.

Feb 27 2010, 6:08 pm killer_sss Post #1315

is that for like volt l2 or something?

None.

Mar 9 2010, 6:26 am Wing Zero Post #1316

No posts in here for a while sooooo, Status Update?

Mar 9 2010, 7:38 am Jack Post #1317

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Summy is OP, lings have too much HP. Dunno how to fix that. Maybe make them spawn with low (around 60?) HP regardless of summy level, and MAYBE lower attack upgrades to +1.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 9 2010, 7:42 am Wing Zero Post #1318

I actually played a recent version and that problem was addressed and probably solved already :P

Mar 9 2010, 11:56 pm UnholyUrine Post #1319

Summy is OP, lings have too much HP. Dunno how to fix that. Maybe make them spawn with low (around 60?) HP regardless of summy level, and MAYBE lower attack upgrades to +1.

Flash has dealt with that by making it so that HP ups affect zlings.. It's a little wonker, but we can always remove it...
What happens now is that, if you have no zlings, and you didn't consume the zling... a new zergling will respawn, free of charge, next to your defiler.. At first, I was iffy about this idea, as it may feed the other team, but it may work, because it pushes the summoner to get out of the base.

There are some fatal glitches in the Engineer with unfinished buildings too... so... if u're gonna play, try not to leave buildings unfinished for now :P

None.

Mar 10 2010, 12:00 am Jack Post #1320

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Wait free zlings? That sounds just as bad heh.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
Pages: < 1 « 64 65 66 67 6870 >
  Back to forum