Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 62 63 64 65 6670 >

Feb 21 2010, 2:00 am Kimaru Post #1261

Great changes, I like how DM is much more powerful, especially. However, I'm a little annoyed by how the obtain money building is an academy and it's where the Spawn Number building used to be. I found myself putting my starting civilians to HP rather than money in the most perfect match up! (me phantom vs mutant rine). Can you change the money building back to armory and move it up like in 3.4?

None.

Feb 21 2010, 3:41 am killer_sss Post #1262

hey me again lol. Found another problem with the rines not entering the bunker. I think this was because i built it near a warp gate and the overide command advance to base was written. Mayb you could shut off the auto AI trigger until after the rines enter the bunker and its disabled?

ALso Another thing I've noticed is when spawns are moved arround they go through different areas and thuse don't meet like normal. If you could direct them down a lane when they are switch that would be much better. This would keep the spawn from piling up along gyser lines that aren't normally traveled as well.

oh and I'm finding some games now although I do have problems getting people to join for some strange reason.

Attachments:
LastReplay.rep
Hits: 1 Size: 288.57kb

None.

Feb 21 2010, 4:39 am 24million Post #1263

well, if the mineral building is moved back up, there would be nothing where it is now. also, you took out upgrading spawn, so why did you leave the option of upgrading spawn number? it seems lik just something for noobs to do to put their team more behind.

None.

Feb 21 2010, 4:58 am Wing Zero Post #1264

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I have never been bothered by the change in the level up area. Of course I see why you might get confused by it.

Feb 21 2010, 5:08 am LoTu)S Post #1265

People are used to moving civs to the left right when they start the game :D. Bunks arent even that strong anyways, just good for killing spawn, unless it's been upgraded. Phantom l2 is fine, if it didnt have the -give X to player #, move X to location X-, it would be rather imba without the cooldown.
The 12+2 assault is really annoying me however, 11+3 or 10+3 would be a bit better, gives more of a 2 hit kill spawn late game.
10 ups = 11+30, just enough to get by?

None.

Feb 21 2010, 5:27 am Wing Zero Post #1266

Most rines I play against have way more then 10 ups D:

Feb 21 2010, 5:44 am UnholyUrine Post #1267

The only thing I can say is that the Level up Spawn Number is for the small chance of a stalemate lategame, which then players have the option to pump spawns to destroy the temple.

The rest are all debatable....

None.

Feb 21 2010, 5:20 pm Wing Zero Post #1268

I'm almost home :D, so I will be online the rest of the day!
(mostly because I am temporarily incapable of doing anything else or moveing at all for that matter)

Feb 21 2010, 7:13 pm killer_sss Post #1269

Quote from LoTu)S
People are used to moving civs to the left right when they start the game :D. Bunks arent even that strong anyways, just good for killing spawn, unless it's been upgraded. Phantom l2 is fine, if it didnt have the -give X to player #, move X to location X-, it would be rather imba without the cooldown.
The 12+2 assault is really annoying me however, 11+3 or 10+3 would be a bit better, gives more of a 2 hit kill spawn late game.
10 ups = 11+30, just enough to get by?

bunkers are a cheap alternative to building cannons in the top left area. They are quite strong at the begining which is why i wanted to build them by the gate considering I was playing the phantom that just spams halcinations and caps it for free just by walking past cannons.

hence why I found the bug.

None.

Feb 21 2010, 10:55 pm Wing Zero Post #1270

I was playing a game just now and i randomed the rine (ewwwww) and i used L2 on purp and it not only stunned purp it also stunned my allys too i used l1 on a cannon and when teal walked up to it it started slowing him too also when i was trying to stun oj it kept missing even though it was a direct hit all it did was stun my allys chasing him. i have the replay right here :P

Feb 22 2010, 12:36 am Wing Zero Post #1271

Ok i was just playing 1.6 again and i finally found the easter egg :P, i also got really annoyed at the tops heal area because you have to literally dry-hump the right side of the temple to get healed while the left side extends pretty far out and is pretty annoying. i think the psion is pretty weak with +4 ups and his l2 should last longer since it is currently pretty weak. btw did you know you can spam the LMs l1 now? i am kind of annoyed by the new cooldown animation you put in, was it really necessary?

Feb 22 2010, 2:54 am 24million Post #1272

i know ive mentioned this before, but now that ive actually played mech myself, it seems really weak and useless...

i understand how the l2 does more dmg, but its difficult to upgrade wraiths for them to have decent damage and upgrade ground atk to be able to kill spawn easily. also...bike mode only gets +3????? i was training as bike, and the spawn was taking half my kills...and that was with spending all my minerals on attack upgrades. i was manually trying to get last hits on the spawn. we were behind on xp, but not by a whole lot. with shorter days and nights, when it got to lings with the one rine, the rine was taking 4 hits to kill, and i would have to heal every couple waves of spawn, which got pretty annoying. i couldnt upgrade my l2 while still being able to kill spawn, and it wouldnt have done me much good to go atk ups and hp with only +3...

other heroes that have split upgrades can still train relatively easily. archers l1 can be used to kill each wave of spawn with enough mana since its only l1. lm can storm, and l1 works to kill spawn well enough too. mutant can kill spawn somewhat easily...but he can also kill heroes well enough with l2 until he gets enough mana and upgrades to start killing with l3. mech cant use wraiths for each wave of spawn, and with +3, would have to spend lots of minerals on his normal atk to be able to kill spawn, and then he would end up losing hero killing power

i feel like the split upgrades are fine, but mechs dmg would still need to be increased or else he would quickly fall behind in xp and be almost useless with stronger spawns running around

None.

Feb 23 2010, 12:09 am UnholyUrine Post #1273

@Mech's split upgrade
- I know I'm really close to the sweet spot. I'll probably need a few replays//real games that I play with the mech to really see how the mech fares. Not saying that you aren't good enough, but Mech was WAY OP, and I thought it wouldn't be that good... the problem is I couldn't micro like some pros do... lol... I've written this down, and will look into it.

@Wing Zero
- shit, don't tell ppl about the egg
- dry-hump is always fun
- What LM spell effects?
- Written it down to fix up the location of assault's (and assassin's) L2
- And yes, it Is supposed to affect both allies and foes, it's important in balancing the assault... a Webbed enemy against an assault and his ally, with the ally being able to walk into the web and block... is quite screwed.

None.

Feb 23 2010, 2:03 am Multivision-Doors Post #1274

Bump the Spec Ops dmg up to 19+2 since the upgrade is smaller. Switch his L1 with his L2, remove the stun and just make it spawn 5x1 wraiths one at a time each for one shot. Change his L2 back to the Sci Vessel. Change his L3 so that it doesn't start with vultures inside it and casting the L3 loads 1 vulture while it's active. And please change his L4 to max 1 ghost 50+3 damage.

1. Self explanatory.
2. His L1 is useless, switch it to something useful, like wraiths.
3. Ranged stuns + ranged attacks do not mix. This is better off as Matrix for defense.
4. Carpet Bomber flies over terrain and rescues the Spec Ops from danger, the added effect of using Firebats should cost extra.
5. Max 3 ghosts makes the Spec Ops a walking death machine against everything except Mech and allows him to train all 3 lanes while still killing sims, defences, or enemies.

Basically, the Spec Ops in 1.6 is probably the most Op version he's ever been if he survives passed round 2.

None.

Feb 23 2010, 2:09 am UnholyUrine Post #1275

1. it's Assault.
2. Sci-ves is for the Engineer. Please make sure you can identify between v1.6 and M8T. What can I do for the engineer then?
3. Why does ranged stuns and ranged attack not mix?
4. Firebats are worse than stun lock
5. It isn't actually max 3 ghosts, it's 1 ghost. I forgot to fix the string. Please make sure you've actually play tested this b4 complaining.

None.

Feb 23 2010, 2:14 am Multivision-Doors Post #1276

1. Yeah who cares.
2. Screw the engineer.
3. Because a stun is way too cheap if you don't have to risk your ass(DM anyone?)
4. Firebats are fine as long as he needs to actually expend the mana.
5. Oh....

None.

Feb 23 2010, 2:22 am Wing Zero Post #1277

I currently like the engineer in 1.6 :P plus a sci vess for assault = gg for sins, more so in m8t cuz of the l3 but the rine is generally dangerous in any version. The sin at least has a chance against an engineer.
The problem with the rine is +3 is too good and +2 just sucks D:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2010, 9:17 pm by Wing Zero.

Feb 23 2010, 2:32 am Multivision-Doors Post #1278

I've always sort of felt the Assault(Spec Ops, stop with the name changing already), was supposed to be the Sins counter. The Engineer's L2 could be the stun, which would make more sense seeing as he's a melee unit.

None.

Feb 23 2010, 3:29 am UnholyUrine Post #1279

Still don't agree with 4, or having a sci-ves.

Melee units requiring a stun is just semantics. There's no criteria for having stunning spells :\... Yes, it makes more sense that melee units gets a stunning spell in order to balance it's disadvantage towards ranged units..... but in the end, it isn't a requirement.

None.

Feb 23 2010, 4:48 am Multivision-Doors Post #1280

No it's balancing it's advantage against melee units. If a ranged unit were to get a stun it would mean he could avoid being in melee range and kill an opponent via range. Combine that with L3 and it just means the Spec Ops only needs to be in L2 range.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 62 63 64 65 6670 >
  Back to forum