Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 60 61 62 63 6470 >

Feb 18 2010, 2:06 am FlashBeer Post #1221

I managed to glitch summoner L1 so that it doesn't work. If you cast l1 while casting l2, your l1 may break. (In sandbox mode)

Also, when I stacked burrowed zerglings and cast l2, some of the zerglings didn't convert to hydralisks.
Summoner doesn't always get the same (or max 8) number of zerglings per hydralisk- sometimes I would only get 7 back.

Big glitch, but should be an easy fix, Assault's L2 sensor grenade spams the 'explosion' when it explodes, therefore never-ending.

Had a glitch for phantom, I had some hallus out, casted l4, then l1 really quick after- then I flew to the center of the map with some hallucinations.
Also, could you just move phantom's L2 ghost instead of creating? That way you can hotkey the unit.

If you rally multiple casts of l4 with assassin, it will only replace the dt once. For the rest of the casts it will just make hallu poofs.

A few string edits include: warrior's spell objectives(says 10 shields and 100 shields), and the tutorial needs renewing- still says spawn level upgrade

Attachments:
flying phantom glitch.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 223.83kb
summonerL1glitch.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 228.3kb

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2010, 3:44 am by FlashBeer.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 2:55 am Wing Zero Post #1222

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Dammit i would have been the first one to DL but i saw it on my phone before i went to my garage to help fix my car i would have been like screw this I'm playin TS if it wasn't my car in there :/ i was the first one to see the post however. ima go play it RIGHT NOW

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 18 2010, 3:28 am by Wing Zero. Reason: excited typing make lots o typos

Feb 18 2010, 2:57 am killer_sss Post #1223

Quote from FlashBeer
Also, could you just move phantom's L2 ghost instead of creating? That way you can hotkey the unit.

this would screw up the balance on its kill shots. Some people have gotten three shots off with this. With hotkey this would happen much more and would screw up some of the balance too.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 5:11 am Wing Zero Post #1224

I don't think I helped enough to be mentioned in the credits but I did locate at least 2 bugs having to do with things flying off the stage. The lurker l3 is wierd, I never know when I get swallowed by that thing and it sometimes swallows spawn into it which basically distracts the sunkens long enough for you to get out unharmed it takes like 4 sunken hits to kill a brood which is pretty bad (it might be 3 hits I was kinda distracted while I was observing)

PS I'm kind of disappointed UU didn't want to tell me how to trigger the Easter Egg :/

Feb 18 2010, 5:19 am UnholyUrine Post #1225

@Flashbeer

I've fixed all the glitches you have listed now. TY VERY MUCH
I'm now partly insane at the amount of glitches that arrive AFTER i've attempted to release it.

Ima go wash dishes and if you guys find anymore glitches, plz tell me..

IN the meantime, here's the version with all the glitches Flashbeer has listed fixed.

EDIT: I've also thrown in two fairly big changes:

1. Assault's L1 can not be casted if there's already a web in the arena
2. Medic's l1 will move the existing healing spirit to her and make it 100% instead of spawning another one. It also sets that medic to 70% energy.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 5:41 am Wing Zero Post #1226

As I may have mentioned I would normally play/test this extensively all night but I am kinda busy this week and barely got to go on today, but tomorrow I will have a bit more time and then ill be skiing for the weekend so I should be back into my routine by Monday.

Feb 18 2010, 11:18 am FlashBeer Post #1227

For the ED, Defilers appear when you cast sandslash, it takes a while for them to disappear.

I think that all changes listed in purple, should be made.
I really like the new medic l1, much cleaner. Maybe give it a little more hp though?

Since spawns now have more hp, thus giving summoner's lings more hp, I think they should spawn with MUCH less hp (same with ultralisk). Then you could have hp upgrades effect the lings as well. Even though lings regenerate hp, they would have to sit around for a while until they are fully healed. This may allow some summoner players to invest in hp for their lings and ultras. You could also have the max number of hp put into summoner be much less than other heroes so that he gains more than 4% hp per civ (for people that want to try a brute summoner build).

Void Shifter for Psion doesn't do much anymore (spell-wise) due to the fact that spells no longer require the void. I think that void shifter should be able to relocate the l1b dragoon under it while it moves. Void Shifter should also have other benefits such as making the void larger or siphoning mana faster from enemies. The void should also still play a good role, such as making your other spells more powerful- Like casting l2 while under void would turn your projectile into a light magnet as well, or l3 while under void will allow invincibility to last longer and regenerate your shields to full.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 12:10 pm Wing Zero Post #1228

Although this is probably the least of your problems, it wouldn't hurt to organize the upgrade area a bit

Feb 18 2010, 2:09 pm Multivision-Doors Post #1229

UU, do we really need a forced randomizer? This is the only thing preventing me from liking this map so far.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 4:14 pm Wing Zero Post #1230

What's wrong with it?

Feb 18 2010, 5:08 pm UnholyUrine Post #1231

D: Then host the map yourself so you don't get forced into random

When I've done enough balance work.. I'll be releasing a Final version along with a Tourny ver that has no Sandbox mode, Only Alternate Choice mode, and no Earth Demon (and also the Easter egg shut off)

@FlashBeer
- the zling HP idea isn't bad, but the zlings' HP are so small, that I think it doesn't matter so much.
- I have thought about the Void making other spells better... but in 1.5 a problem with the psion was that it was too mana dependent due to all the spells requiring the void, so I didn't want to make the same mistake. I'll think about the void affecting other spells.. but as of now.. nah.
- The Void Shifter moving the immobile dragoon is probably the only thing I can do easily.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 6:36 pm LionKingMax Post #1232

I can't play it (I got a mac).

It would be great to make it Mac-friendly.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 7:03 pm FlashBeer Post #1233

I was thinking for the summoner's lings hp, it would just upgrade them in the first 5 hp upgrades or so. The lings would first only spawn with about 20 hp, then each hp upgrade would add about 20 more hp.
This would not cost too many civs, to get much more hp (for lings, ultras, and the summoner [even the hydras and ITs if you wanted]). This is just another way to discourage mana spam and provide new builds.

None.

Feb 18 2010, 7:10 pm Jack Post #1234

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from LionKingMax
I can't play it (I got a mac).

It would be great to make it Mac-friendly.
It doesn't work on macs?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 18 2010, 7:18 pm LionKingMax Post #1235

nope

None.

Feb 18 2010, 9:21 pm UnholyUrine Post #1236

It doesn't.. I have no idea why... There is something.... that screwed up for macs....
I want to figure it out.. but I don't know what it is. I know it's something to do with Units or Unit Placement.. but that's all I know..

None.

Feb 18 2010, 9:39 pm Wing Zero Post #1237

I think the lings could just spawn with 60 hp and make the player wait for the lings to heal. That way the player won't have full power lings right after his previous lings die, however, that little hp boost might make the lings even more effective at wrecking pylons.

Feb 19 2010, 12:11 am 24million Post #1238

ive been playing it today and some bugs i found

orange player claims to have forced random in ordered pick mode

you cant see the assassin when choosing

you can cap bot without getting hit by cannons
this i feel is the biggest problem, unless its intentional, which i hope it isnt

spawn that come out of capped gates have full hp, and the morale doesnt change their hp

also, lots of people dont like mech now with split upgrades. its not a bug, but just an opinion of some of my friends
keep in mind these are from the first version you posted, without the fixes of the next version, so some of these mightve been fixed

another thing, i was lm, and i had used l3, so i had another templar. i had made hallucinations of it (im not really sure why), and then the light of essence ran into the cannons and died. just as it died, i casted l1, and the spell that was supposed to cast on the light of essence casted on one of the hallus

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2010, 2:15 am by 24million.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 12:28 am killer_sss Post #1239

the split ups were a part of 1.5 so maybe they are too used to V moose.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 2:12 am LoTu)S Post #1240

I somehow managed to get Psion's "Time-Rip" message when i spamed l1 l3 with Light mage.
Really love the new Light essence, got some tactics that will prolly be used in real games :O.
The new terrain gives me a bit of a headache, but ill manage!

Edit:Rine(assault) is 12+2? WTF? did i dl an old ver?
Collapse Box

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2012, 7:38 am by LoTu)S.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 60 61 62 63 6470 >
  Back to forum