Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 61 62 63 64 6570 >

Feb 19 2010, 2:25 am UnholyUrine Post #1241

O.o well it's a minor glitch hopefully..........
I have no idea how u'd get the displayText, cause I've nulled it by having a condition that should never be met.

Did u see the night and day switch?

@Assault, Yeah 12+2... but this is beta. Remember that it has Disruption web as L1 and Nuke with a ghost that does 50+7 for L4.... Obviously, it requires testing, but we'll c.

orange player claims to have forced random in ordered pick mode

you cant see the assassin when choosing

you can cap bot without getting hit by cannons
this i feel is the biggest problem, unless its intentional, which i hope it isnt

spawn that come out of capped gates have full hp, and the morale doesnt change their hp

also, lots of people dont like mech now with split upgrades. its not a bug, but just an opinion of some of my friends
keep in mind these are from the first version you posted, without the fixes of the next version, so some of these mightve been fixed

another thing, i was lm, and i had used l3, so i had another templar. i had made hallucinations of it (im not really sure why), and then the light of essence ran into the cannons and died. just as it died, i casted l1, and the spell that was supposed to cast on the light of essence casted on one of the hallus

1. Yes, I've noticed that.. I'll fix that in the final ver.
2. lol i'm too lazy
3. Oh u can? I'll change that. I think it's due to the trees i've put there.
4. I know that.... but I'm not sure how to change easily.... And besides... it's not a very big factor. The units spawned from Temples that you build also have full HP. I've been meaning to change that also... but I'd like some opinions on it.
5. I personally felt that Mech needed the nerf. In fact, it's not so much of a nerf, as its L2 does more base dmg than before (vulture does 30+4 dmg, Wraith does 30+5 dmg. 10 vultures spawned before, while 6x2 wraiths spawns now). Its old L4 required a heavy nerfing, and I think the current L4 will suffice.
6. O.O another one of those timing glitches.. I can't really do much to change that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2010, 2:31 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 2:57 am LoTu)S Post #1242

It seems that you get the Time-Rip msg when you spam l3 @ certain times during l1 for LM. But im sure this wont be much of an issue, since spamming l3 on 1.6 LM is just as pointless as massing mana (no l2 l3 spells) for DM. Also, when you have the time, fix the mission briefing for assault xD. i spammed l4 thinking i'd get 3 ghosts D: .

-Night and day switch?
-Also, 12+2 kinda prevents an HP rine(unless its looked down upon,its fun once in a while imo), and grinding spawn will be difficult.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 1:31 pm LionKingMax Post #1243

Quote from UnholyUrine
It doesn't.. I have no idea why... There is something.... that screwed up for macs....
I want to figure it out.. but I don't know what it is. I know it's something to do with Units or Unit Placement.. but that's all I know..

If I remember, you are friend with Tank_7

He'll be able to help you with that, he made a map Mac friendly.

Also if you know Foxwolf1 he'll be able to help you too.

Hope to play this game in the future.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 7:39 pm Multivision-Doors Post #1244

Phantom's hallus are too cheap and accessible too early. Place the hallus in the L2 slot and switch his L1 with something else. He can't do too much harm with them, but he can block easily and avoid all damage from spawn to start with. That's a very noticeable advantage on round one.

Edit: Please make it so that the Phantoms L2 Shot isn't dodgeable by everyone and his grandma.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2010, 8:24 pm by Multivision-Doors.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 8:08 pm Wing Zero Post #1245

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from xYoshix
I can do terrain fixes if they are needed. lol at demon terraining :hurr:

I agree

Feb 19 2010, 8:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #1246

Phantom's hallus are too cheap and accessible too early. Place the hallus in the L2 slot and switch his L1 with something else. He can't do too much harm with them, but he can block easily and avoid all damage from spawn to start with. That's a very noticeable advantage on round one.

Edit: Please make it so that the Phantoms L2 Shot isn't dodgeable by everyone and his grandma.

Play this in Real settings, not the Sandbox mode...
It is very easy to tell which is the real phantom, and while it is true that hallus absorb a lot of damage, the phantom is very vulnerable w/o them. A smart player will use spells with AoE effects, which triggers the death of all the hallus. Also, hallus have relatively lil HP if the phantom goes for mana.

Phantom's L2 requires skill, but is very effective. I doubt it's dodgeable by everyone and their grandmothers..... It also provides a short invincibility, which has to be factored in.

IMAGE:

What needs to be fixed? XD

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2010, 9:26 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 19 2010, 9:01 pm Wing Zero Post #1247

I was doing sandbox just now and noticed the marines l2 scourge stays if you move it offstage, doesn't spawn valks anymore though.
you can still get an invincible dropship too. I hate how you made it so when the dropship goes offstage it sends you to the temple, seems like an easy heal to me :/

Feb 19 2010, 9:27 pm UnholyUrine Post #1248

Hmm.. I'll fix the invincibility.

In the meantime
IMAGE:

What needs to be fixed? XD

None.

Feb 19 2010, 9:35 pm Wing Zero Post #1249

It's kinda cluttered in my opinion, really hard to get used too :/
EDIT: I played with the Psion and got stuck everywhere, I think south spawn reaches the mid earlier.

Feb 19 2010, 10:32 pm 24million Post #1250

yeah, fat units have a rather hard time moving around certain places

it seems to me like for the south gate, cannons are placed really far north, you can go behind them. dunno if this is intentional, but u cant do that anywhere else so....

i was playing a game where purple was summoner, and we broke into his base. his defiler on the temple wasnt invincible. its hp kept getting reset to whatever it was, but everything was atking it. not such a big deal...but it is something

None.

Feb 19 2010, 10:37 pm Wing Zero Post #1251

Yeah I actually like the fact that the defiler is like that, it gets an actual counter because of it.
Decap FTW!

Feb 19 2010, 11:42 pm Multivision-Doors Post #1252

Here's the problem though, when the Phantom's L2 spawns you can't select it right away. In most cases there's enough time for someone to escape out of it's range, the target is too fast to hit, someone is causing visual interference via spell, etc. At the very least this needs to be properly selectable when it spawns, and possibly hotkeyable so that you can actually land a hit. Even if you nerfed the damage it would be better than what it is now. I've actually yet to hit anyone with this ability since playing 1.6.

Compare one use of this ability which rarely hits to a Volt's L2 which almost always lands. In fact, you could compare it to almost anyone's L2 in 1.6 and it would fall short. A Mutant's L2 deals more damage, hits more often, and is faster at delivery. Spec Ops, LM, Mech, all have much more reliable spells, dealing possibly more damage, hit more often, and land quicker(except the Spec Ops).

The only time I can imagine this would be a very useful skill would be against a Warrior in the middle of using his L2 or a Volt who doesn't have his L2. That's kind of sad that a class almost intently designed to kill a LM is less effective at doing it than a Mut.

His L1 can tank more effectively than a Warrior's L1 can. In a better scenario the Phantom's L1 is capped at 3/4 Hallu's that don't run out of energy(if possible), and only spawns one per use. This should make it less spammy, and more reliable.

None.

Feb 20 2010, 12:40 am Wing Zero Post #1253

That l2 is deadlier then you think, trust me ^^

Feb 20 2010, 6:05 am killer_sss Post #1254

Quote from 24million
yeah, fat units have a rather hard time moving around certain places
I agree I don't know why though. The terrain is nice but i find it harder to move around in but this is probably due to not being familiar enough with it.

Quote from 24million
i was playing a game where purple was summoner, and we broke into his base. his defiler on the temple wasnt invincible. its hp kept getting reset to whatever it was, but everything was atking it. not such a big deal...but it is something
I find this really annoying Unholy has left this as a hard counter to summoner and idk if he has left it for the mech too but the mech has had this same problem for as long as i can remember. This is by far one of the biggest problems because of the fact the mech can sit and absorb dmg from spawn while killing them and continually powering up.
Quote from Wing Zero
Yeah I actually like the fact that the defiler is like that, it gets an actual counter because of it.
Decap FTW!
btw summoner can be pulled off by both phantom and volt so really not necessary.

As for the phantom's l2 it is indeed powerful it lets you dodge many attacks and because it can be casted nearly back to back it demolishes smaller units trying to use a spell to kill you. If timed properly this can kill the lightmage easier than mutant let me tell you.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 20 2010, 6:11 am by killer_sss.

None.

Feb 20 2010, 8:11 am UnholyUrine Post #1255

Compare one use of this ability which rarely hits to a Volt's L2 which almost always lands. In fact, you could compare it to almost anyone's L2 in 1.6 and it would fall short. A Mutant's L2 deals more damage, hits more often, and is faster at delivery. Spec Ops, LM, Mech, all have much more reliable spells, dealing possibly more damage, hit more often, and land quicker(except the Spec Ops).
i really don't agree ...
i've had games w/ phantom, and 3/4 times i can land the hit.... Mutant's L2 is easier to dodge for sure... I can also dodge it if I'm in the open. Also, mutant HAS to get close, phantom doesn't.

I find this really annoying Unholy has left this as a hard counter to summoner and idk if he has left it for the mech too but the mech has had this same problem for as long as i can remember. This is by far one of the biggest problems because of the fact the mech can sit and absorb dmg from spawn while killing them and continually powering up.
The reason for summoner to not be invincible is strictly for decapitation :D.
Mech not being invincible is a glitch.... Which I'll hopefully remember to fix by the final version...

Has anyone here played any real games (i.e. not sandbox) with v1.6? If u have, save and upload your replays! It'll help tremendously :).
Also, any suggestions will be appreciated.

None.

Feb 20 2010, 8:17 pm Wing Zero Post #1256

I'll play it nonstop tomorrow, I'm skiing in Wisconsin today :).

I hate snowboards D:

Feb 20 2010, 9:13 pm 24million Post #1257

some people have been complaining about the sims in mid really easy to kill with pretty much any ranged heroes. in m8t, extra cannons were added to the middle, and the sims were a lot better defended. it seems to me like they are even easier to kill than before, with the different terrain.

also, now looking at the picture, the cannons at the bot gate are really far away from the beacon. anyone can just stand on the corner (or maybe even the middle, not sure, but doesnt really matter) and cap the gate without taking a single cannon shot. top is no longer the easiest gate to cap anymore!

None.

Feb 20 2010, 11:33 pm Wing Zero Post #1258

If that's true I think you should move the cannons higher then, extra cannons wouldn't hurt in the mid since It should be the most heavily defended base. Someone should polish up the terrain at mid and top, the bot is fine but for a few really narrow bridges

Feb 20 2010, 11:40 pm killer_sss Post #1259

Well I was in sandbox testing because apparently noone wanted to play an actual game of 1.6 with me :( Anyhow I was Testing and found some bugs.

The first is when creating a depo its suppose to cloak and become disabled bunker with two men inside but when the firebat stands next to it, It instead becomes yours as soon as it is a bunker, doesn't disable, and the two water gremlins never enter it and instead begin attacking anything near them.

On to the main bug. I was testing Riot cannon dmg and effectiveness and new there was a cap. I got close to temple and 2 of them could not reach it to fire on it So i tested to see if it would remove the oldest Riot and place it in the new spot and it did, the first time.
The second time I'm not quite sure what happened. It started creating observers and killing them constantly along with Riot cannons that were being created and removed so fast I don't think they had time to fire.

Attachments:
Holy Crap Riot BUG!.rep
Hits: 2 Size: 227.66kb

None.

Feb 21 2010, 1:36 am UnholyUrine Post #1260

some people have been complaining about the sims in mid really easy to kill [...]

also, now looking at the picture, the cannons at the bot gate are really far away from the beacon. anyone can just stand on the corner (or maybe even the middle, not sure, but doesnt really matter) and cap the gate without taking a single cannon shot [...]

1. That is true. With the new Morale system implemented along with the assim, assims play a much bigger role. Therefore, defending them is more important, show I made them harder to defend to allow the other team to pressure for defenses.

2. Also true, it isn't supposed to happen, and will be changed by the final ver ^.^;

The first is when creating a depo its suppose to cloak and become disabled bunker with two men inside but when the firebat stands next to it, It instead becomes yours as soon as it is a bunker, doesn't disable, and the two water gremlins never enter it and instead begin attacking anything near them.

On to the main bug. I was testing Riot cannon dmg and effectiveness and new there was a cap. I got close to temple and 2 of them could not reach it to fire on it So i tested to see if it would remove the oldest Riot and place it in the new spot and it did, the first time.
The second time I'm not quite sure what happened. It started creating observers and killing them constantly along with Riot cannons that were being created and removed so fast I don't think they had time to fire.

1. I can fix that....
2. I have never seen that glitch b4. TY for pointing it out. I'll fix that.

Well I was in sandbox testing because apparently noone wanted to play an actual game of 1.6 with me :( Anyhow I was Testing and found some bugs.
They'll eventually want to play a real game....
Also, Once I've played this enough/watched enough replays/squashed enough bugs, I'll be releasing the final ver WITH a tourny ver that does not have sandbox mode/Earth Demon or the easter egg =P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 61 62 63 64 6570 >
  Back to forum