By: Echo
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Feb 12 2009, 3:58 pm Hug A Zergling Post #21

Wow, I hope devastator looks better then that :dontgetit:

None.

Feb 12 2009, 5:59 pm Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Shun them non belivers :O

Transformers was like one of the best movies the year it came out (Hell it was god compaired to all the shit that came out), Not to mention Micheal bay does other good movies I like (Such as Bad Boys)

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Feb 12 2009, 6:12 pm JaFF Post #23

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Transformers was like one of the best movies the year it came out (Hell it was god compaired to all the shit that came out), Not to mention Micheal bay does other good movies I like (Such as Bad Boys)
First of all, the fact that he does 'other' movies (your definition of 'good' is rather disturbing, by the way) does not matter because we're talking about only one of his movies.

Secondly, Transformers cannot be considered a movie at all, when compared to 'No Coutry for Old Men', 'American Gangster', 'There Will be Blood', 'Eastern Promises' or 'Gone Baby Gone' which all came out the same year.

ADD: Oh, 'Into the Wild' came out in 2007, too!

None.

Feb 12 2009, 6:19 pm Lingie Post #24

American Gangster and Gone Baby Gone were alright.. But can you judge a man by what he likes?

I loved the first, and yeah, compared to half the shit last year it WAS god.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Feb 12 2009, 6:21 pm Echo Post #25

Can't really blame Transformers I for being bad. They had a really low budget because sponsers thought it wasn't going to be that much of a success. But it is true that the director's job is to make the movie good no matter how much of a budget. We'll see.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 6:25 pm Biophysicist Post #26

I've got to agree with those who say Transformers was weird... I mean, why would this random cube thing make oversized robot things?

None.

Feb 12 2009, 6:27 pm Echo Post #27

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
I've got to agree with those who say Transformers was weird... I mean, why would this random cube thing make oversized robot things?
You'd have to watch Transformers from the 80's to understand that.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 6:27 pm JaFF Post #28

Quote from name:Darkling
American Gangster and Gone Baby Gone were alright.. But can you judge a man by what he likes?

I'm not judging anyone.

So if one piece of shit is slightly better than the rest, it becomes God? That is the reason for standards to fall in all forms of popular art: music, movies, literature.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 6:28 pm Symmetry Post #29

Dungeon Master

Quote from JaFF

I'm not judging anyone.

So if one piece of shit is slightly better than the rest, it becomes God? That is the reason for standards to fall in all forms of popular art: music, movies, literature.

I think he meant to type 'good'.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 12 2009, 7:14 pm Fisty Post #30

Quote from Centreri
Who the hell cares? The movie was horrible. It was loud and you couldn't tell what the hell was happening at the end.
Since when was loudness in a movie a bad thing?

None.

Feb 12 2009, 7:48 pm JaFF Post #31

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from JaFF

I'm not judging anyone.

I think he meant to type 'good'.
Read it as 'Godly' if it makes you feel more comfortable.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 7:49 pm Devourer Post #32

Hello

I never saw Transformers 1... is it good?
If transformers 2 comes out I hope that there will be a title music by linkin park again xD

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 12 2009, 7:57 pm Echo Post #33

Quote from Devourer
If transformers 2 comes out I hope that there will be a title music by linkin park again xD
I don't think you would need to watch Transformers 1 to understand Transformers 2. But we'll see. Transformers 1 would give you an idea where it starts from because it introduces some elements and a major event happens on it. Linkin Park would probably not have a cover, since people releas albums every 2-3 years.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 7:57 pm DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from JaFF
First of all, the fact that he does 'other' movies (your definition of 'good' is rather disturbing, by the way) does not matter because we're talking about only one of his movies.

Secondly, Transformers cannot be considered a movie at all, when compared to 'No Coutry for Old Men', 'American Gangster', 'There Will be Blood', 'Eastern Promises' or 'Gone Baby Gone' which all came out the same year.

I don't think anyone is attmepting to compare Transformers to those Oscar-worthy films. I just think that Transformers is a helluva lot better than most crap Hollywood pumps out. If you were to list all the films that were released that year, Tranformers would be in the top 10% based on quality. And again, I think Michael Bay blows, so that's saying a lot.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 12 2009, 8:12 pm JaFF Post #35

Quote from DevliN
Quote from JaFF

I don't think anyone is attmepting to compare Transformers to those Oscar-worthy films. I just think that Transformers is a helluva lot better than most crap Hollywood pumps out. If you were to list all the films that were released that year, Tranformers would be in the top 10% based on quality. And again, I think Michael Bay blows, so that's saying a lot.
I think one always should compare movies like Transformers to stuff I listed, because action movies are among the worst in modern film. I want more truly quality action movies, like Aliens, Matrix, Terminator 2 (of course, these three are absolute classics) and some others... The two latest Batman movies managed to stand tall among the best, for example.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 8:40 pm DevliN Post #36

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That makes sense, I suppose. I just see movies like Alien (and it's sequel), The Matrix, and Terminator (and it's sequel) as more than just stereotypical action flicks. I wasn't expecting an Iron Man when I went to see it (Transformers), I just knew it was going to be the usual rah-rah America propoganda with over-used low angles of heroes in front of sunsets and some sweet-lookin' CG robots. When i go to see "There Will Be Blood" or "Assassination of Jesse James," I know I'm going to see a film that oozes incredible cinematography and outstanding writing/directing. When I go see "Transformers," I know I'm going to be entertained.

Code Name: The Cleaner, Blood & Chocolate, Primeval, The Hitcher, Smokin' Aces, The Messengers, Norbit, Ghost Rider, The Number 23, Wild Hogs, Dead Silence, Premonition, Are We Done Yet?, The Reaping, Pathfinder, Redline, Fracture, Next, The Condemned, Lucky You, Bug, Mr. Brooks, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Evan Almighty, License to Wed, Captivity, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, I Know Who Killed Me, No Reservations, Who's Your Caddy?, Daddy Day Camp, Rush Hour 3, Skinwalkers, The Invasion, The Last Legion, Mr. Bean's Holiday, The Nanny Diaries, War, Hatchet, Dragon Wars, Mr. Woodcock, Across the Universe, Good Luck Chuck, Sydney White, The Seeker, The Heartbreak Kid, 30 Days of Night, Dan in Real Life, Saw IV, Bee Movie, Martian Child, Fred Claus, P2, Hitman, Awake, Atonement, The Golden Compass, National Treasure, Book of Secrets, AvP: Requiem, and The Bucket List all came out in 2007 as well, and I enjoyed Tranformers more than all of them. I just have to separate art from entertainment.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 12 2009, 11:50 pm JaFF Post #37

Mr. Brooks was nice, IMO. Especially the ending. :P *scissors scissors scissors*

I agree that one must have realistic expectations regarding each movie: wait to be 'entertained', as you say, or watch a compelling and wonderfully crafted work of art. For me, however, it is impossible to be entertained if I have no emotional connection with the hero that I know will defeat all the bad guys, get the hottest chick as a result of an amazing adventure and become an american idol at the end of the movie.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:36 am Dem0n Post #38

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Wow... Optimus is so small compared to Devastator. :(

I though Transformers was a great movie. Not great as in amazing plot, acting, and scripts, but it was really entertaining and funny. I definitely want to see this one when it comes out!

Feb 13 2009, 12:25 pm Hug A Zergling Post #39

Quote from Echo
Quote from Devourer
I don't think you would need to watch Transformers 1 to understand Transformers 2. But we'll see. Transformers 1 would give you an idea where it starts from because it introduces some elements and a major event happens on it. Linkin Park would probably not have a cover, since people releas albums every 2-3 years.
I think you would have to see the first one, unless you have some idea what transformers is about.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 10:43 pm Echo Post #40

This is Devastator to scale : Examples.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum