Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Oct 30 2008, 1:52 am
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1018 >

Nov 4 2008, 10:22 am Ultraviolet Post #141

Well, my activity is based on my death in normal mafia. For me, speed mafia comes second to regular mafia, but I'm dead in regular mafia. As for the number clue, that could point so many ways with different interpretations of it, that is about as unreliable as it gets. My failure against Epoch basically gets chalked up to an incorrect interpretation (HAPPENS A LOT, BY THE WAY). I always attempt to be helpful, I just generally am aligned with some faction. In this game.. I have no real friends or enemies. Most of you people are just neutral, so instead I'm forced to post most of my shit in the topic, instead of private AIM conversations. BLEGH. I'm going to bed.

Nov 4 2008, 11:12 am NudeRaider Post #142

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Well, my activity is based on my death in normal mafia. For me, speed mafia comes second to regular mafia, but I'm dead in regular mafia.
That is interesting. Then you must have been temporarily dead (in normal mafia) for the duration of speed mafia 2.

As for the number clue, that could point so many ways with different interpretations of it, that is about as unreliable as it gets.
On the contrary. The fact that we're talking about a pretty high number actually makes most operations impossible:
It cannot be the sum of the 3 Mafia's member IDs. 3 highest member IDs: 2826 + 3490 + 3177 = 9493 --> too low
It cannot be the product of 3 Mafia's member IDs. 3 lowest member IDs: 82 * 86 * 80 = 564160 --> too high
You cannot put the IDs together to a string of numbers because there's no IDs matching this number combination: 164025.
And I don't even want to start playing around with cross products or combinations of it with other basic operations since the possibilities would be virtually endless. (see next paragraph)
Division and subtraction obviously make no sense if you need to match a high number.
So there's no single basic operation that can produce that number.
I also want to point out that most numbers cannot be square rooted. In the range of 164025 only 0.8% of the numbers create whole numbers when squarerooted. So we have a chance of little higher 1:1000 that it's even possible to perform the action. Looks manufactured to me. And when the action leads to a valid result it's even more likely that this is no coincidence.

One might say (which is very true) I can create any number out of a pool of a few other numbers using mathematical operations but it would need several very complicated formulas to reach an arbitrary number. My point is that I found a very simple operation that leads to the result, not some obscure calculation that no one could come up with.

My failure against Epoch basically gets chalked up to an incorrect interpretation (HAPPENS A LOT, BY THE WAY).
Yeah a wrong interpretation alone don't make a mafia. Even though you stubbornly insisted on it but I think that's just you.
It's only a support argument.

I always attempt to be helpful, I just generally am aligned with some faction. In this game.. I have no real friends or enemies. Most of you people are just neutral, so instead I'm forced to post most of my shit in the topic, instead of private AIM conversations. BLEGH. I'm going to bed.
The only ones not playing this mafia, but having in the last are Zycorax and Doodle. So you're going to tell us those are your good friends and talking to only them helps town more than openly discussing clues and posting interpretations?

Nov 4 2008, 12:20 pm Vi3t-X Post #143

Quote from stickynote
"the Mafia jacked Oyen's shit up."

Maybe someone's real name is jack.
Doodan?

None.

Nov 4 2008, 12:27 pm NudeRaider Post #144

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from stickynote
"the Mafia jacked Oyen's shit up."

Maybe someone's real name is jack.
Doodan?

@sticky: Doodan's real name is Jack, but he's not playing. Maybe someone with connections to Doodan? Although, I don't really think that's the correct path. There must be some other significance..

Nov 4 2008, 1:30 pm Greo Post #145

Quote from name:
Note: Is fusion night, or day role?
Night role.

Quote from NudeRaider
The last part is obviously a reference to the awakening Deerwhale. The question is, has he already risen or is that just an omen that he's rising soon? (@Greo)
Deerwhale will come out sometime soon. As to whether or not he's on the townie's side, that's up to the Deerwhale ;)

Also: I'm probably going to reveal my clues at the game's end. ;)

None.

Nov 4 2008, 1:57 pm InsolubleFluff Post #146

Nude this is one of those things where if you try to point electricity at me, you're bound to lose...
OH SHIT HE USED A GUN MUST BE CRIMSONMAGNUM
or...
OH SHIT THERE WAS FIRE MAFIA INCLUES LIL-INFERNO AND HAILFIRE
or...
OH SHIT HE USED A SWORD MUST BE FATALEXCEPTION

like honestly there are so many things you could possibly link to my name that if i was mafia, they would atleast try to make it fair for me and think of clues to do with my avatar or signature because my name is way too easy for you guys...

as for the text, i nver bothered to read it, because im short on time right now, so for the sake of no activity ban im gonna play russian roulette and lynch NerdyTerdy as well

None.

Nov 4 2008, 5:59 pm Paravin. Post #147

Wow, I really thought I'd get killed, due to the last game. Abstain again, though.

None.

Nov 4 2008, 7:08 pm NudeRaider Post #148

Quote from Paravin.
Wow, I really thought I'd get killed, due to the last game. Abstain again, though.
Would you care to explain why you abstain?
Greo's last post is so full of possible clues it really makes no sense to not use them.
Or are you one of those forsaken doctors that give shit about the game?

Nov 4 2008, 8:14 pm Riney Post #149

Thigh high affectionado

I vote nerdy, cause hes an evil mafia bastard :shifty:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 4 2008, 10:59 pm stickynote Post #150

"Nooblet" - haha no offense, but the first person coming to mind is stickynote

I'm hurt.

Taser - Shocko? Also energy blade could point to him. A lightning is pure enegy too and the blade would be driven by electricity (maybe). In combination with that (electro)magnetic clue from last day this could mean something.

Look at Nude's signature. The protoss guy has an energy blade.

I vote Nuderaider.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 1:24 am NudeRaider Post #151

Quote from name:Shocko
Nude this is one of those things where if you try to point electricity at me, you're bound to lose...
OH SHIT HE USED A GUN MUST BE CRIMSONMAGNUM
or...
OH SHIT THERE WAS FIRE MAFIA INCLUES LIL-INFERNO AND HAILFIRE
or...
OH SHIT HE USED A SWORD MUST BE FATALEXCEPTION

like honestly there are so many things you could possibly link to my name that if i was mafia, they would atleast try to make it fair for me and think of clues to do with my avatar or signature because my name is way too easy for you guys...

as for the text, i nver bothered to read it, because im short on time right now, so for the sake of no activity ban im gonna play russian roulette and lynch NerdyTerdy as well
I see your point. Although you have to admit that Mafia using a taser is not nearly as common than them using guns, it's probably not enough to only have clues against your name. At least it had to be a fucking good one.
Still I can't get the taser out of my head. We'll see what the next day's clues are.

Quote from stickynote
"Nooblet" - haha no offense, but the first person coming to mind is stickynote

I'm hurt.
This is nothing personal but with the statement below you clearly marked yourself the newbie (in it's true sense, not meant as an insult).
Quote from stickynote
I'm somewhat new to this. Can non-town persons/non-mafia vote?

Quote from stickynote
Taser - Shocko? Also energy blade could point to him. A lightning is pure enegy too and the blade would be driven by electricity (maybe). In combination with that (electro)magnetic clue from last day this could mean something.

Look at Nude's signature. The protoss guy has an energy blade.

I vote Nuderaider.
The protoss heroine on my sig uses a psi powered cannon, not an energy blade. You can go to the website and check that (look for new heroes --> Tormidal).
Apart from that this is a pretty weak case anyway. Don't expect people to jump on someone just like that.

You better place your vote on Nerdy or people will start wondering next day if you might have been trying to protect your fellow mafia by voting me almost out of the blue.

Nov 5 2008, 2:40 am Greo Post #152

@Nude: How far is the project coming along, anyways?

VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE
-------------------------------------------
NudeRaider :: NerdyTerdy
Dark_Marine :: NerdyTerdy
stickynote :: NudeRaider
shocko :: NerdyTerdy
l)ark_ssj9Kevin :: NerdyTerdy (4)

ABSTAIN: Paravin
5 / 14 votes counted. Why aren't the rest of you more active, or at least voting? Jerks.
Day end: <26 hours.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 5 2008, 2:54 am by Greo.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 2:49 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #153

Just here for the activity... well not really

I vote NudeRaider. Cuz I like stickynote.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 5 2008, 2:57 am NudeRaider Post #154

Quote from Greo
@Nude: How far is the project coming along, anyways?
tbh its at a standstill atm. As far as I can tell it's about 40% finished.

Nov 5 2008, 3:10 am stickynote Post #155

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
I vote NudeRaider. Cuz I like stickynote.

That's a shitty reason, but thank you.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 10:49 am Paravin. Post #156

Changing my vote to NerdyTerdy.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 5:53 pm Echo Post #157

I abstain.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 7:08 pm Phobos Post #158

Are you sure about that?

I vote NerdyTerdy

this is signature

Nov 5 2008, 7:50 pm Echo Post #159

Ydretydren etov I.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 5 2008, 8:10 pm by Echo.

None.

Nov 5 2008, 7:53 pm Oyen Post #160

Quote from Echo
Ydreydren etov I.
You forgot the 'T' in NerdyTerdy's name. :bleh:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1018 >
  Back to forum