Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Speed Mafia V: Return of the Deerwhale
Oct 30 2008, 1:52 am
By: Greo
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1218 >

Nov 6 2008, 5:22 am HailFire Post #181

Quote from Greo
VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE
-------------------------------------------
HailFire :: NudeRaider

lolwut

I voted Nerdy, dummy. :bleh:

Oh, hey, anyone notice the blatant Diablo reference in the topic title?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 6 2008, 7:24 am by HailFire.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 5:31 am Greo Post #182

Deerwhale looks a bit imba.

What happens when we shoot a deerwhale, and it runs away? Does it grow back lives?

YOU NEED A FARMER ROLE. :omfg:
Townies need only lynch the Deerwhale. Mafia have to place two full orders of hits on the thing to kill it.
However, the Deerwhale will have clues about him, making him a potential target of the townspeople.

If I were a Mafia, I'd attempt to go through those clues, sort em out, and attempt to knock out the Deerwhale with a lynch.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 7:46 am Oyen Post #183

Couldn't the deerwhale tell the townspeople his identity, and promise to be a town-aligned mafia-hunter only? Then the town won't lynch him, which will force the mafia to place 2 full nights of hits on him, during this time the deerwhale could kill 2 mafia members. And more could die by lynches.

Of course, this doesn't help if the townspeople and deerwhale keep aiming at the wrong people :lol:

None.

Nov 6 2008, 9:45 am NudeRaider Post #184

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Greo
VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE
-------------------------------------------
NudeRaider :: NerdyTerdy
Dark_Marine :: NerdyTerdy
stickynote :: NudeRaider
shocko :: NerdyTerdy
l)ark_ssj9Kevin :: NerdyTerdy
Paravin :: NerdyTerdy
ʎpɹǝʇʎpɹǝu :: soqoɥd
HailFire :: NudeRaider
Vi3t-X :: Hug A Zergling

ABSTAIN: Echo, Hug A Zergling
11 / 14 votes counted. Still a buncha inactive jerks.
Erm Greo you should pay more attention. That's how we voted:
NudeRaider :: NerdyTerdy
Dark_Marine :: NerdyTerdy
stickynote :: NudeRaider
shocko :: NerdyTerdy - Nude
l)ark_ssj9Kevin :: NerdyTerdy - Nude (3)
Paravin :: Nerdy
Phobos :: Nerdy
Echo :: Nerdy - Nude - Abstain
Hailfire :: Nerdy (5)
Vi3t-X :: Hug A Zergling
Hug A Zergling :: Abstain
We should help Greo with this by marking our votes/vote changes with different color/size/style.

Oh and sticky, the Nightpost doesn't contain clues. Only Daypost.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Nov 6 2008, 11:12 am by NudeRaider.

Nov 6 2008, 11:45 am Ultraviolet Post #185

Going off of Greo's clue, they decide to risk NerdyTerdy's face in the process. No, seriously. They take baseball bats to NerdyTerdy's face in an effort to make him look better. Satisified that they had slain a Mafian, they go to bed.

...but somewhere, somehow, they fear that the god of death is lurking around...

Ya know what? That's just hurtful. I've never even seen your face Greo -.-

Nov 6 2008, 3:42 pm NudeRaider Post #186

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I hope I've gained the trust of the town now. Hopefully enough that the doctors reveal themselves to me so I can help coordinate the protection. I will NOT reveal your role to ANYONE unless you want me to.

In addition it would be nice if the person that was imprisoned last night would speak up (openly or to me) because mafia tried to hit him so we would have another proven townie - one less lynching target.

Nov 6 2008, 4:18 pm HailFire Post #187

Quote from NudeRaider
Oh and sticky, the Nightpost doesn't contain clues. Only Daypost.

Disagree. Clues can/have been taken from all day and night posts, and, in the case of Speed Mafia, the topic title.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 5:08 pm NudeRaider Post #188

Quote from HailFire
Disagree. Clues can/have been taken from all day and night posts, and, in the case of Speed Mafia, the topic title.
O.o when? Quote pls

Nov 6 2008, 11:22 pm HailFire Post #189

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from HailFire
O.o when? Quote pls

Don't the Mafia rules state that "Clues may be taken from anywhere"? Example: Last game, one of the day topic titles (don't remember which) was "A New Hope", a reference to Star Wars. Similarly, my title is a quote from Darth Vader.

Now, who here has connections to Diablo?

Obviously, that may not have been an intentional clue, but it's too good to disregard entirely.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 11:24 pm stickynote Post #190

It's night, right?

Mafia only has 2 killing power left? So that means they can kill 2 people per night, right?

None.

Nov 6 2008, 11:26 pm HailFire Post #191

Quote from stickynote
It's night, right?

Mafia only has 2 killing power left? So that means they can kill 2 people per night, right?

This game, the Mafia's killing power is X, where X = # of Mafia. Current Mafia count = 2, thus, X = 2.

This isn't always the case, however, as last game the Mafia's killing power was X+1.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 11:29 pm stickynote Post #192

You don't understand me. What I essentially asked was what killing power is. Does it refer to the number of people that can be killed per night, or the effectiveness of their kill.

None.

Nov 6 2008, 11:33 pm HailFire Post #193

Quote from stickynote
You don't understand me. What I essentially asked was what killing power is. Does it refer to the number of people that can be killed per night, or the effectiveness of their kill.

The killing power is the number of hits the Mafia can place per night. Each hit subtracts one life, and most roles have one life. However, throughout Mafia history, there have been roles that block hits (Doctor, Sponge), have multiple lives (Meatshield), or can only be killed by Y number of hits (Regenerator, where Y = 2, and Deerwhale, where Y = X).

None.

Nov 6 2008, 11:35 pm Echo Post #194

Doctor, save me this round!

None.

Nov 7 2008, 12:44 am NudeRaider Post #195

Quote from HailFire
Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from HailFire
O.o when? Quote pls

Don't the Mafia rules state that "Clues may be taken from anywhere"? Example: Last game, one of the day topic titles (don't remember which) was "A New Hope", a reference to Star Wars. Similarly, my title is a quote from Darth Vader
I thought that meant they could refer to anything. As in the Mafian's Title, sig, etc. but also his bnet name, his behaviour, topics he made - that kind of stuff.

So Greo pls clear that up. Where do we have to look for clues - and where not? What about your sporadic comments?

Oh and although I'm quite a Star Wars fan I didn't realize your title is a Darth Vader quote. I was always trying to connect it to something unconciously - now I know why and to what. :rolleyes:

Nov 7 2008, 2:35 am Conspiracy Post #196

Quote from NudeRaider
... his behaviour,...

HEY HEY HEY! I tried that, didn't work out to well for me.

None.

Nov 7 2008, 6:17 pm NudeRaider Post #197

Is it me or is this night unusually long? It feels as if 40 hours have passed already.
Probably it's just the fear of death that makes the time pass so slow for me... /soliloquizing

Nov 8 2008, 12:29 am stickynote Post #198

Is it me or is this night unusually long? It feels as if 40 hours have passed already.

It is not just you. I think this is no longer speed mafia.

None.

Nov 8 2008, 2:03 am HailFire Post #199

Greo may have this little thing called a real life what's getting in the way.

You might want to look into that. ;)

Edit: Besides, standard Mafia segments are 3 days long. Even delayed, this is faster.

None.

Nov 8 2008, 1:39 pm Vi3t-X Post #200

Does it take this long for mafia to hit anything? Gawd.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1218 >
  Back to forum