Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: EVE-Online
EVE-Online
Sep 13 2007, 8:34 pm
By: Zycorax  

Jan 6 2009, 3:15 am SiN Post #21

Is playing this game better than say Warhammer Online or World of Warcraft?

None.

Jan 6 2009, 10:04 am Zycorax Post #22

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

If you got the patience for it, yes.

Jan 11 2009, 1:37 pm Fisty Post #23

...I'm starting to run out of patience for it though. My fucking sockets closed over 5 times in 2 hours.

None.

Mar 10 2009, 10:44 pm Zycorax Post #24

The newest expansion is now out: Apocrypha
The expansion contains a lot of new content including wormholes, tech 3 ships and the game has become more newbie friendly (skilltraining speed is doubled up to a certain level).
It also include some new graphical goodies!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 10 2009, 11:58 pm by Zycorax.

Mar 10 2009, 10:55 pm Fisty Post #25

I considered rejoining, but then also remembered that my PC was having issues with it and that my Thorax got blow'd up.

None.

Mar 11 2009, 8:30 pm InsolubleFluff Post #26

I live and die aside Zero Punctuation reviews, Yahtzee said no... so I to, said no.

None.

Mar 11 2009, 9:29 pm Fisty Post #27

Quote from name:Shocko
I live and die aside Zero Punctuation reviews, Yahtzee said no... so I to, said no.
O.o What the hell does he say YES to?

None.

Mar 11 2009, 9:55 pm Zycorax Post #28

Quote from name:Deathman101
Quote from name:Shocko
O.o What the hell does he say YES to?
Portal, Fallout 3, Saints Row. Just to mention a few.

Mar 11 2009, 10:09 pm InsolubleFluff Post #29

He's not wrong mostly... A lot of the games he says suck, are indeed mediocore at the very best. Halo 3 'brought down his standards' and he said something good about bioshock after. He also enjoyed little big planet.

But EVE does sound boring from what he said...

None.

Mar 11 2009, 10:18 pm Fisty Post #30

^^ I need to start adding a [/sarcasm] at the end of my sarcastic remarks.

And it really isn't boring, I just lack the determination and insight in the world of EVE - not to mention the money IRL.

None.

Jan 26 2011, 5:20 am Zycorax Post #31

So CCP decided it was time to remake the character portraits in their newest expansion, in addition to other stuff of course, but who cares about that? :awesome:
The new character creation tool is pretty sweet and is possibly one of the best, or at least one of the most promising, I've ever seen. It's still kinda in beta or something, so there's more features to come. While you do create a full body avatar (in preperation future walking-in-stations expansion), you still only see the upper body, or some of your face, on the final portrait.

Screenshot from the character customisation: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/Zycorax/20110126050054.jpg

Examples of final character portraits:
Hurr!
Durr!
My creepy alt vs Old portrait
My not so creepy alt vs Old portrait
Me! Well, almost...
My other alt vs Old portrait
Guess this guy's name :awesome:

Apr 4 2011, 6:12 pm NicholasBeige Post #32

I've got 12 days left of my trial. I'm Carde Nall.

If more people get involved I may consider paying and continuing. Hint.

None.

Apr 4 2011, 6:13 pm DevliN Post #33

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I paid for a month of it and lost interest because of how time consuming this seems to be. I may go back, eventually, but everything just seemed very slow.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 5 2011, 6:17 pm CaptainWill Post #34

I love the concept but I wouldn't be able to get into it. I don't have the time.

So much potential for organising though, and emergent gameplay. I love how the economy is dynamic and reacts in a realistic way to events in the gameworld.

None.

Apr 5 2011, 6:18 pm Fire_Kame Post #35

wth is starcraft

Quote from DevliN
I paid for a month of it and lost interest because of how time consuming this seems to be. I may go back, eventually, but everything just seemed very slow.

That's the impression I got from it too. Apparently it has a steep learning curve, which is nice. I wish other MMOs would learn that making a game for idiots to play does not retain customers *cough*

Quote from CaptainWill
I love the concept but I wouldn't be able to get into it. I don't have the time.
QFT...

Apr 5 2011, 6:31 pm Zycorax Post #36

:awesome:

You don't necessarily need to invest a lot of time in the game. It all depends on what you want to be doing. The most time consuming part is probably to earn ISK, especially if you're primarily doing PvP. I think you can become a decent trade without logging in for more than like 20-30 minutes each day, but you'd obviously need a starting capital for doing that.

Apr 5 2011, 6:49 pm poison_us Post #37

Back* from the grave

Quote from CaptainWill
So much potential for organising though, and emergent gameplay. I love how the economy is dynamic and reacts in a realistic way to events in the gameworld.
Take a peek at Uncharted Waters Online then.

Mar 19 2015, 9:39 pm Zycorax Post #38

Necro time! \o/
Are any of you (still) playing this? I've been pretty active in the last two years, primarily doing low-sec PvP.
I'm currently on Iceland, attending EVE Fanfest 2015. It's been pretty cool so far and I've met a few guys I know from the game. Also tried Oculus Rift for the first time, playing a 5v5 round of EVE Valkyrie. It was pretty damn cool, even though I sucked at it ^^ At least it gave me time to look around the clone bay where you respawn after getting shot down, which on itself looked amazing.

Also, this:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 26 2015, 10:12 pm by Zycorax.

Options
  Back to forum