Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Main Menu Problems
Main Menu Problems
Jul 27 2008, 3:16 am
By: Da_Fenix  

Jul 27 2008, 3:16 am Da_Fenix Post #1

Whenever i try to make a custom backround for the main menu and run starcraft th colors are all messed up.

I don't know if their is a palette that the menu use, does anyone know why it does that?

None.

Jul 27 2008, 5:57 am Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

The colors of the background or the colors or the stacraft interface GUIs?

Anyway, the background should have the same pallete of the .pcx that has the original background (I'm wondering if it's actually a pcx but it should be)
And the GUIs do have an especific pallete for them, for each of them if I recall correctly, just like cursor has different palletes when it's over an SMK, when it's on the background or when it's on the game selection box (between SC Vanilla and SC Broodwar) I, obviously, don't remember the pallete names but I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to find them now that you know they exist. I'll try to look up for them and post what you need to edit but you might as well start out by yourself.

fuck you all

Jul 27 2008, 6:52 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

Use 8-bit PCX. The palette for the screen is actually loaded from the background pcx.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 27 2008, 8:23 pm Da_Fenix Post #4

thanks

None.

Options
  Back to forum