Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: BWAI Downgrader v1.16.1.e
BWAI Downgrader v1.16.1.e
Jul 25 2008, 10:07 pm
By: bajadulce
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Feb 20 2009, 5:38 am Keirebu Post #61

You should put Process check's in the program, to check if the programs are running, And if it detects them, It stops the downgrade, And says something like "x program is Running" " Please Close x program and retry".

None.

Feb 20 2009, 5:55 am bajadulce Post #62

good suggestion. Maybe somebody will hijack my program who knows what the hell they're doing and do that. I'm just a middleaged golfer/contractor/surfer/starcraft fan. I really don't know much about computer programs to be honest nor spend a whole lot of time behind the comp. Well just at night so I don't have to watch shit like american idol with my wife. crap like that! :) . I am only good at tearing things apart and modifying things...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2009, 3:38 am by bajadulce. Reason: Greg's site removed for security reasons

None.

Feb 20 2009, 6:00 am ShadowFlare Post #63

If 1.07 works with a newer battle.snp and storm.dll, it could get onto private servers as well on the download version, though you would need to select which server before you downgrade. I've done experiments to see which versions I can get on my private server, but I don't remember all of the results. I seem to remember getting even SC 1.00 on my private server, but it may be impossible to do with the download version, because I think I couldn't use the newest storm.dll with it.

None.

Feb 24 2009, 1:51 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #64

👻 👾 👽 💪

I've gotten pre-1.08 versions to work just fine without any modifications (other than the server it connects to)...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 24 2009, 4:48 am ShadowFlare Post #65

How about with the version you can download from Blizzard, which doesn't use CDs? lol

None.

Feb 26 2009, 8:56 pm NirvanaJung Post #66

i love bikinied girl~~!! :D

None.

Mar 2 2009, 4:03 pm Devourer Post #67

Hello

link is broken wtf

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 2 2009, 4:10 pm Symmetry Post #68

Dungeon Master

http://broodwarai.com/tools/BWAIDowngrader.zip

Fixed in first post too.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 4 2009, 9:46 am bajadulce Post #69

Thnx KK. I forget about those underscores and spaces etc. frikin computers always have to be so anal about p&q's. Screw these blasted machines. I miss life before computers sometimes.

Quote from NirvanaJung
Marketing... :)

...Farty, what have you been doing with your program? The pics of SCD4 look fantastic and I'd like to discontinue this program as I don't like the responsibilities that go with it nor getting any flak for when shit goes wrong.

None.

Mar 4 2009, 11:58 am Symmetry Post #70

Dungeon Master

Quote from bajadulce
Thnx KK. I forget about those underscores and spaces etc. frikin computers always have to be so anal about p&q's. Screw these blasted machines. I miss life before computers sometimes.

Quote from NirvanaJung
Marketing... :)

...Farty, what have you been doing with your program? The pics of SCD4 look fantastic and I'd like to discontinue this program as I don't like the responsibilities that go with it nor getting any flak for when shit goes wrong.

Nah, it wasn't underscores. You had /files/ instead of /tools/. I'm guessing you did some reorganizing on BWAI.

And Farty's program works, but it's not finished. Let's all pressure him until he does.

Mar 6 2009, 7:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #71

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
And Farty's program works, but it's not finished. Let's all pressure him until he does.
KK'd know. :D
Please do, I really want to finish it. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 6 2009, 7:30 pm poiuy_qwert Post #72

PyMS and ProTRG developer

*Puts FaRTy's head in a vice grip and starts to turn the handle*
That enough pressure for you?

Mar 6 2009, 9:22 pm bajadulce Post #73

I just got an email from a guy at TL.net that said this program was the only way he could watch pre-1.15 replays because he only has the e-install and no cd. He wanted to know if I could include more versions.

My response:
...There are other ways to get around the CD. A mounted .ISO being the best in this scenario as you can use BWCHART etc. to target older exes renamed things like Starcraft_1.10.exe, Starcraft_1.09.exe etc. Exes created with SFlareNOCd program would work great for replay watchers, but since all the exes use a file labeled starcraft.exe.sfnocd, there is a conflict. Only one starcraft.exe.sfnocd can be in the folder at a time. So you need to do the dirty work or use a program such as this downgrader to add/remove the desired files. It would be nice if SFlareNoCd program had the ability to create unique nocd files based on the name of the target file. For example Starcraft_1.10.exe and Starcraft_1.10.exe.sfnocd etc. This would allow users to place multiple no-cd starcraft.exes in their folder and utilize BWCHART's replay browser with the new no-cd Broodwar.mpq setup....

This got me thinking. Since replay watching is only dependent on the .exe AND base patch #. i.e. 1.15.0 replays are the same as 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 1.15.3 replays etc. AND other files such as storm.dll and patch_rt.mpq aren't needed, a no-cd REPLAY DOWNGRADER would probably be a much more useful program that this "mod downgrader". Basically a program that inserts specific starcraft.exe's and starcraft.exe.sfnocd for replay watching without having to deal with patch_rt.mpq files and all the different locale ID shit for different languages etc as a true downgrade should. This program would be relatively small. Maybe about 7-8 mbs. Anywhoo, I might possibly do something like this and AXE this "mod downgrader" in favor of the less problematic and much more useful BWAI Replay Downgrader. :)

If SCD4 is anything like SCD3 in which users download only the desired patches and add them to the program, SCD4 would benefit from a "replay" only downgrade as well. Basically users would just be adding the .exes. Something to think about and a way to save users from downloading extra stuff they don't need. Add-ons rather than the whole enchilada offers users better options.

None.

Mar 6 2009, 11:54 pm ShadowFlare Post #74

Actually, the file name is based on the name of the exe. So you can have more than one. Don't spread misinformation. :) You probably didn't even try it before replying, right? ^^

(Hint: Just rename the file to match up with the exe, too.)

The only part of the name that is hard-coded is the extension. Upon patching, it creates the file based on the name of the exe; and upon running it, it looks for the file based on the name of the exe. Only the name of the dll is stored in the exe.

The exe would also probably need to be modified so it would look for a Patch_rt.mpq with a different name for the specific version, if you wanted to have multiple versions' exe files in the same folder.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2009, 12:19 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 2:08 am bajadulce Post #75

Quote from ShadowFlare
Actually, the file name is based on the name of the exe. So you can have more than one. Don't spread misinformation. :) You probably didn't even try it before replying, right? ^^
Doh.. no I was in a bit of a hurry as usual.

The only part of the name that is hard-coded is the extension. Upon patching, it creates the file based on the name of the exe; and upon running it, it looks for the file based on the name of the exe. Only the name of the dll is stored in the exe.
Well this makes life pretty easy.

The exe would also probably need to be modified so it would look for a Patch_rt.mpq with a different name for the specific version, if you wanted to have multiple versions' exe files in the same folder.
I remember using a program called StarExeHack and it could point starcraft to other .mpqs with different labels. I could see a use for this if someone just wanted to play Starcraft in a different version, but mods are looking for starcraft.exe not SC1.10.exe or some other label. So I don't see how different labeled exes would work with modding programs such as Firegraft etc.

This might be something FGraft would benefit from. FGraft targets SC1.15.1.exe or SC1.15.0.exe etc. rather than targeting a downgraded "starcraft.exe". Think about it DoA .. no need for anyone to ever have to to through the silly steps of downgrading. Just instruct users to place the corresponding files in their starcraft folder once. They're always there just waiting for someone to launch FGraft. There's no confusion about whether a mod is 1.15. or 1.14, or 1.15.1, 1.16.1 etc. Nobody ever has to "downgrade". Firegraft already knows and targets the correct labeled Starcraft.exe. Same would apply for creating/building/editing FGexes. yes, no? maybe? ... :)

Back to replays... I was planning on building different labeled .exes just for replay watching, but this brings up an interesting question. Do replays ONLY require the correct starcraft.exe and not require the matching storm.dll or patch_rt.mpq? I seem to recall BWChart only asked for the various target.exes. I don't recall it asking for target patch_rt.mpqs or storm.dlls etc? If so, someone should create a quick tutorial on how to create different labeled .exes that utilize SFlareNoCd program for replay viewing use. OR somebody just make them and put them in a .zip package. The melee community would really really love you for it.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 3:39 am ShadowFlare Post #76

I mentioned patch_rt.mpq because the replays are pretty much dependent on the stats, too, not just exe changes. As long as it runs, those are the only two that would need to match for the replay. Storm.dll or any of the other files don't have any effect on gameplay, as far as I know.

None.

Mar 7 2009, 5:42 am bajadulce Post #77

Ok good to know. Replays didn't start until 1.08 I believe and there hasn't been any stat change since if I'm not mistaken. The gluall.tbl thing and the different .bins such as minimap_preview and gluchat.bin might have some effects on the windows, but not the actual replay viewer.

So now the question is do I care enough to actually spend energy helping ppl constructing these?

None.

Mar 14 2009, 8:49 pm bajadulce Post #78

UPDATE v1.16.1.c

*Added a 100% true 1.16.1 bnet patch_rt.mpq so that foreign language users can "uninstall" the program.
*Changed the order of patching around so that if a user accidentally had another scraft modding tool open the program wouldn't abandon his starcraft.exe
*Replaced all of the .snp and storm.dll's with 1.16.1 ones. This will allow e-installers the ability to connect to private servers.
*Fixed a bug with game templates.
*Extended map menus and a few other goodies added to make navigating Starcraft a little easier.
*Program reduced in size to under 8mb and yet 100% authentic Bnet 1.16.1 files = the best I can do.

None.

Mar 14 2009, 9:32 pm FlyingHat Post #79

I want baja's face now. Good job on this update. :)

None.

Mar 15 2009, 2:06 pm Symmetry Post #80

Dungeon Master

Quote from bajadulce
*Fixed a bug with game templates.

Thanks =)

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum