Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Rock Band 2
Rock Band 2
Jul 17 2008, 6:45 pm
By: RIVE  

Aug 26 2008, 11:08 pm dumbducky Post #21

Reel Big Fish have no good songs that would be fun to play for all the instruments. They're particularly lazy in the guitar department. If you are going to put on a ska song, make it Streetlight Manifesto. Specifically, Everything Went Numb or Point/Counterpoint, although that one's a bit long.

tits

Aug 30 2008, 1:34 am FatalException Post #22

Quote from dumbducky
Reel Big Fish have no good songs that would be fun to play for all the instruments. They're particularly lazy in the guitar department. If you are going to put on a ska song, make it Streetlight Manifesto. Specifically, Everything Went Numb or Point/Counterpoint, although that one's a bit long.
Have you even heard Rock 'N Roll Is Bitchin'? What about Down In Flames? Dateless Losers? Where Have You Been? There's plenty.

Also, I prefer Catch 22 to Streetlight Manifesto.

None.

Aug 30 2008, 1:53 am Rawk_Flare Post #23

Is it just me or do these guys come out with Sequels really quickly? :wtfage:

None.

Aug 30 2008, 2:03 am BiOAtK Post #24

They work on the sequal to a sequal before the sequal has come out.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 2:11 am FooFighters Post #25

Quote from name:Zombeh
Quote from name:Shocko
Through the fire in flames Six by All That Remains Knights of Cydonia by MusePsychosocial by Slipknot, expert on drums! :shifty:
[/quote]
lol, that song is BEAST...!

None.

Sep 2 2008, 12:08 am BAGLES Post #26

Quote from FooFighters
Through the fire in flames Six by All That Remains Knights of Cydonia by MusePsychosocial by Slipknot, expert on drums! :shifty:
lol, that song is BEAST...![/quote]

Lol, Psychosocial was like the worst song on their new album, and probably the easiest to play compared to all the others too.

I'm not sure what songs I'd like included, not anything by Slipknot because they'd only pick the mainstream shit, and not anything by any mainstream pop band. Umm... Maybe Tear Away by Drowning Pool, or Schism (Or Parabola, for that matter) by Tool, those would both be pretty hard to play.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 8:50 pm RIVE Post #27

Just Here For The Pie

I hate playing Girls Not Grey...
I like playing Painkiller!

Anyone else? Songs they like/hate?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 10:18 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from RIVE
The fret board has been fixed as to have quieter tapping noises, and let's not forget a more reliable strum bar.
Yay. So I was playing today at my friend's house and while I was playing I was like "Wow, this clicking noise is really annoying and distracting."[/uselessstory]
So is there any additional features to the guitars...? It would be nice if the old stuff would work with the new game (even if it is just the guitar or something) so it isn't just cluttering up the place (at my friend's house there is very little room for much more stuff.) Backward compatability, ftw.
My friend has never broken a foot pedal. Way to abuse your stuff, people. xP You really don't need to stomp on it...

Definitely has some good songs... and some bad.

Post has been edited 8 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2008, 10:32 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 20 2008, 11:11 pm dumbducky Post #29

Quote from FatalException
GTFO
Unless you're talking about Keasbey Nights Catch 22, which is basically Streetlight Manifesto.

On the subject of RBF: Til I hit the Ground would actually make a good one. I forgot they don't always use the traditional ska guitar rhythm.

tits

Sep 21 2008, 5:20 am RIVE Post #30

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
So is there any additional features to the guitars...?
Wireless, quieter frets, more reliable strum bar, sound censor for game collaboration with HDTVs/ other TVs.
I still have not played on the bass guitar model yet.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
It would be nice if the old stuff would work with the new game (even if it is just the guitar or something) so it isn't just cluttering up the place (at my friend's house there is very little room for much more stuff.).
Every guitar from Guitar Hero 1-3 and Rock Band 1 works.. Drums and Microphone from RB1 work as well with RB2. Of coarse they only work with the system they were built for.

I, myself, use the X-Plorer model from Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360. I also use the Les Paul from Guitar Hero III, but I only use it when I bring it over to my friend's house to play Rock Band 2. I do not care for the Fender from RB1 that much on RB2 because of such alternate picking on a lot of the songs.

None.

Sep 21 2008, 6:47 am FatalException Post #31

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from FatalException
GTFO
Unless you're talking about Keasbey Nights Catch 22, which is basically Streetlight Manifesto.

On the subject of RBF: Til I hit the Ground would actually make a good one. I forgot they don't always use the traditional ska guitar rhythm.
Dinosaur Sounds is a good CD.

Also, yeah, there's plenty of Reel Big Fish guitar that isn't just eighth notes on the ands.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 1:08 am Syphon Post #32

Quote from RIVE
Seriously, I don't know how you can say Guitar Hero IV looks better then Rock Band 2.
It basically is Rock Band with a title difference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61bWqbQLVqY

Besides that..
How is sharing the same combo for four people better? That would piss me off! One person misses a note you lose the steak, the combo, and respect for that person.

Now that it's come out and I've played it, I can say you don't. There's a band streak, and individual streaks, and you keep your combo if someone else messes up.

I say it's better for multiple reasons, for one, the Guitars in Guitar Hero are much better. It's essentially impossible to keep rhythm without the clicking, I don't know why Harmonix went for them after making the best controller ever with GH2. Secondly, the songs are better. Just. Better. Thirdly, as a Wii user of GH I appreciate the fact that GH4 actually gives us DLC, and RB still doesn't.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 6:09 am RIVE Post #33

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Syphon
There's a band streak, and individual streaks, and you keep your combo if someone else messes up.
Yeah, now that the game is out, I see they went the way of the individual combos.

Quote from Syphon
I say it's better for multiple reasons, for one, the Guitars in Guitar Hero are much better.
Highly opinionated. I find the Rock Band Fender's fret board to be awesome. (Also highly opinionated.)

Quote from Syphon
It's essentially impossible to keep rhythm without the clicking
Oh you mean that annoying noise that is just as loud as the drum pads being hit and even louder then the music itself? Yes, God forbid we do not listen to the music and instead listen to a clicking noise to follow the song along.

Quote from Syphon
Secondly, the songs are better. Just. Better.
You do have 'Hot for Teacher' and 'Crazy Train'. Congratulation. I do envy that, but a good amount of the rest of the songs are on Rock Band 2 / were already downloads for Rock Band. Alike, bands are shared as well. It does not matter anyway because Neversoft is just horrible at charting their songs.

Quote from Syphon
Thirdly, as a Wii user of GH I appreciate the fact that GH4 actually gives us DLC, and RB still doesn't.
Rock Band 2 is on Wii already??

None.

Nov 9 2008, 5:36 pm Syphon Post #34

Quote from RIVE
Quote from Syphon
There's a band streak, and individual streaks, and you keep your combo if someone else messes up.
Yeah, now that the game is out, I see they went the way of the individual combos.

Quote from Syphon
I say it's better for multiple reasons, for one, the Guitars in Guitar Hero are much better.
Highly opinionated. I find the Rock Band Fender's fret board to be awesome. (Also highly opinionated.)

Quote from Syphon
It's essentially impossible to keep rhythm without the clicking
Oh you mean that annoying noise that is just as loud as the drum pads being hit and even louder then the music itself? Yes, God forbid we do not listen to the music and instead listen to a clicking noise to follow the song along.

Quote from Syphon
Secondly, the songs are better. Just. Better.
You do have 'Hot for Teacher' and 'Crazy Train'. Congratulation. I do envy that, but a good amount of the rest of the songs are on Rock Band 2 / were already downloads for Rock Band. Alike, bands are shared as well. It does not matter anyway because Neversoft is just horrible at charting their songs.

Quote from Syphon
Thirdly, as a Wii user of GH I appreciate the fact that GH4 actually gives us DLC, and RB still doesn't.
Rock Band 2 is on Wii already??

It's an opinion, but the general consensus among the top players is that the GH controllers are better. I believe most lists of controllers I've seen goes Cherry SG > Black SG > Wii/360 LP > WT > Xplorer > PS3 LP > RB Stratocaster > PS2 Kramer. Reasons being many and varied, for instance, you can strum much faster on the GH guitars, and the buttons have better tactile feedback.

It's not annoying at all, and is never louder than the music unless you're playing on muted TVs? Without it, alt-strumming on Strats is horrible because you have no idea how fast you're going. Also, if you play well, it will be in time to the music, and so doesn't distract from it at ALL.

I'm not counting DLC at all, because RB2 obviously wins soundtrack if it gets all of RB1's songs + DLC, that's like 300+ songs. Things GH4 does have though, include Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and all the songs haven't been used in a past game (RB2 has some repeats.)

Neversoft charts FAR more accurately than Harmonix. For instance, Harmonix never charts muted and ghost notes, and often leaves 10+ notes out of songs. Almost the entirety of GH1 and 2 were undercharted, RB got a little better, but it's still undercharted. The irony of the people bitching and complaining about Neversoft overcharting songs is that the ones that get accused of it most often (eg, One, Raining Blood, TTFAF) are actually severely undercharted to make them possible. I think the only game that Harmonix charted appropriately was 80's.

It's coming out in December, and there isn't going to be DLC, also, the instruments aren't going to be cross compatible.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 6:00 pm Syphon Post #35

ALTHOUGH! I will give you this, I am jealous of Master Exploder.

None.

Nov 10 2008, 5:18 am RIVE Post #36

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Syphon
I believe most lists of controllers I've seen goes Cherry SG > Black SG > Wii/360 LP > WT > Xplorer > PS3 LP > RB Stratocaster > PS2 Kramer.
A lot of people say exactly that. The biggest problems with the SGs are the frets are spread farther apart then the other controllers, and the frets are more difficult to slide.
My personal favorite guitar would be the X-Plorer. I would rank it number one if the darn thing could not break so many different ways. Examples: wrapping the USB cord around the guitar (mainly to save space) breaks the wire and you have to buy a new one from a third party site like guitarheroparts.com, the strum bar can be so abused that it starts to over strum for no reason (only way I found to fix it: strum like a madman), and the biggest complaint ever is the whammy bar breaks because of the cheap plastic (can be fixed by replacing it with a metal part from guitarheroparts.com or the cheapo way with wrapping a rubber band around it).
Then there is the Les Paul, a really fantastic guitar. Easily my number two if it did not have unresponsive buttons due to the removable neck. Also, I have been using it a lot lately since my X-Plorer broke so it is a slowly dying problem for me, but the whole feeling of the guitar is incredible tiny.

Quote from Syphon
Reasons being many and varied, for instance, you can strum much faster on the GH guitars, and the buttons have better tactile feedback.
I believe Harmonix figured they would never need a strum bar to strum as fast as Lou's intro wank to The Devil Went Down To Georgia. However, I should take that back because Green Grass High Tides has a short phase were you need to strum that fast for two seconds. The great thing about the strum bar on the Fender models is that it is more bass-friendly. It is built that you can alternate pluck or slap without the the strummer slapping back hard like it does on the Les Paul, X-Plorer, and SG.
As for the buttons, you really just need to get used to whatever you play. When I first went from the X-Plorer to the Les Paul I felt so obscure moving along the neck. Then when I tried the Fender my fingers slid so well that I would hurt my finger on the plastic part that sticks up under the orange fret. Depending on what you play, it become gradually easier to play it.

Quote from Syphon
It's not annoying at all, and is never louder than the music
No, you realize the difference. Trust me.

Quote from Syphon
Without it, alt-strumming on Strats is horrible because you have no idea how fast you're going. Also, if you play well, it will be in time to the music, and so doesn't distract from it at ALL.
People have such a problem counting. I did too when I started playing real guitar. I am not saying to should count every single thing you play, you just need to get the main jest of the song. You will eventually stop looking at what you play because you get in the groove so well. This evolves into being able to talk with more thought while playing (only really needed to if you are playing multi-player or someone else is in the room with you), and, a big plus, singing and playing at the same time. However, this varies during solos. The Guitar Hero strummer does not distract you because you become depended on it and you start to morally block it out yet still use it to your advantage. (Do not ask me how, I am still figuring it out myself).

Quote from Syphon
Things GH4 does have though, include Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and all the songs haven't been used in a past game (RB2 has some repeats.)
I know you do not want to count the DLC, but there are a few Lynyrd Skynyrd tracks on it. Harmonix repeats some of their past used songs for a.) some people want to sing or play drums on those great songs, b.) they were covers, but now they are master recordings, and c.) they were under-charted on guitar and bass, now they are better.

Quote from Syphon
Almost the entirety of GH1 and 2 were undercharted
The games were not a big cult following it those days. They tried to keep it as simple as possible while still adding the random hard parts (fillers, added outros, ect) to prevent easy 100%s. Guitar Hero 1 was extremely under-charted, but I will not deny that the songs were fun to play.

Quote from Syphon
The irony of the people bitching and complaining about Neversoft overcharting songs is that the ones that get accused of it most often (eg, One, Raining Blood, TTFAF) are actually severely undercharted to make them possible.
Are you kidding me? TTFAF was over-charted! You play keyboard measures for goodness sake.

Quote from Syphon
The instruments aren't going to be cross compatible.
The only reason that the instruments are cross compatible on the Xbox 360 is because Microsoft demanded it. Microsoft wants its customers to be happy with convenience in their attempt to take over the gaming world.. (lol)

None.

Nov 13 2008, 12:11 am Syphon Post #37

Well I play real guitar, and I can sing while palying guitar, and while playing guitar hero, so maybe I do just having a timing problem? I'd say I'm fairly good at GH, I've at least 4-starred every song on expert in every game, and have 20 something expert FCs, several of which are sightreads. I've also 5 starred on sightread every Rock Band song I've ever played, And for most of them, the only thing that threw me was trying to alt strum without the click timing.

And no, TTFAF was undercharted. They only chart half the notes in the Red-Snake, and just because you play a keyboard part doesn't mean those aren't the notes. I posted a freticon of what the intro would look like if it was charted accurately, and let's just say they'd need 8 frets, and open pull-offs. Raining Blood is also undercharted, all the Mosh1 notes are strummed by Kerry Fucking King.

Also, about cross compatibility, they are only not-cross on the Wii. PS3 has it, in fact, the Neversoft people went to retarded lengths to make sure the Rockband drums work. (The tracks automatically modify themselves to a 4 pitch track)

None.

Nov 13 2008, 6:56 pm Cnl.Fatso Post #38

Quote from FooFighters
Through the fire in flames Six by All That Remains Knights of Cydonia by MusePsychosocial by SlipknotBEHIND BLUE EYES, expert on drums! :shifty:
BITCHES

None.

Options
  Back to forum