Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Musical Groups Advice.
Musical Groups Advice.
Jun 2 2008, 8:57 pm
By: Phobos
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jun 2 2008, 11:41 pm MadZombie Post #21

Quote from Phobos
The Rasmus right now. Do they stick to my standards? Also, what other groups do you thinik I could also listen to?

The rasmus is an awsome band from Finland. Very unique voice imo. Best songs they have i think is " Sail away", "Liquid",and "Funeral song"

Funeral song could be your most favorite song ever becuase its really deep if you learn to appreciate it. And yea., Panic! is ew.

I prefer emo, Hardcore,screamo, some Metal, and Alternative.. i dont really care for emo or screamo but most "hardcore bands" are so i just added that in thar. Can i reccomend LoveHateHero, Three days grace, All that remains, Escape the fate, a day to remember, Breaking benjamin, and motion city soundtrack?

None.

Jun 2 2008, 11:41 pm Phobos Post #22

Are you sure about that?

Excalibur's bands win. Except for Boys Night Out. Tomorrow is definitely a download day. Thank you a lot Excalibur. More contributions are always wellcome >:)
@MadZombie, reccomend? Recommend as many bands as you wish. I will take the time to listen to all of them as I did with Ex.

this is signature

Jun 2 2008, 11:45 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

HIL screams enough to be different but not enough to be the nonsense that makes up screamo. I can understand them, and thats what counts. The reason i dislike their newer album is their vocalist switched to a different style that i dislike.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 2 2008, 11:47 pm Phobos Post #24

Are you sure about that?

I know about that. It can suck a lot. If My Chemical Romance keeps on with its softening and comercialization (or whatever it is spelled, don't blame me for being a non-native speaker xP) they will be discarded for my future list.

this is signature

Jun 2 2008, 11:50 pm Excalibur Post #25

The sword and the faith

I didnt like MCR's first album, but Three Cheers was great, and TBP was almost as-good. They need to do more Three Cheers type stuff.

Edit:
Quote from MadZombie
motion city soundtrack?[/b]
Epic win. MCS is godly. I Am The Movie / Commit This To Memory are their best albums.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 2 2008, 11:54 pm Phobos Post #26

Are you sure about that?

Three Cheers, indeed. The Black Parade, just the second half of it. Sleep, Famous Last Words, Kill ALl Your Friends, Sharpest Lives, Heaven Help Us and Blood were exceptional (yes, Blood too :P) however the rest of the album was terrible (to me). I completely disliked The End and Dead!

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from MadZombie
motion city soundtrack?[/b]
Epic win. MCS is godly. I Am The Movie / Commit This To Memory are their best albums.

I know what to test first tomorrow now

EDIT:
I am currently listening to The Rasmus, although in brief I won't be able to, but I will still be typing responses in my PC :P The Rasmus sounds good. In The Shadows, FTW!

this is signature

Jun 2 2008, 11:56 pm MadZombie Post #27

Lol srry at spelling.

im too lazy to post links to you tube videos but i think ill be able to give u my favorite song(s) by that artist

* looks thru ZUNE *
Three days grace - Riot, Animal i have become, Wake up, Let it die
The academy is... - We got a big mess on our hands
Aiden - The last Sunrise, Die Romantic
All that remains - Six, Not Alone
Bleed the Dream - Confessions, Just like i remember
Breaking benjamin - Anything from thar "Phobia" or "We're not alone" albums
A day to remember - Monument
Emery - studying politics
Escape the fate - Not good enough for truth or cliche, Situations
LoveHateHero - Amity
Motion city soundtrack - All but "This is for real" song is the best
The Rasmus - sail away, Liquid, funeral song
Rise against - The good left undone, injection, Swing life away

Anything in bold is awsome and i think ud like them the most.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:00 am Phobos Post #28

Are you sure about that?

I will try to test as many of those as possible tomorrow. Opening this topic was a good idea.

this is signature

Jun 3 2008, 12:03 am Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

Quote from MadZombie
The academy is... - We got a big mess on our hands
Motion city soundtrack - All but "This is for real" song is the best

1. TAI is great.
2. No. NOOOOO. MCS's earlier work is far better. LGFUAD is their best song by far.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 3 2008, 12:05 am MadZombie Post #30

Hey um i hope with my recomendations you will listen to any song uve downloaded all the way... and with an open mind of course =].

Edit: i use Last.FM to find new bands and such. its great becuase they show the artists most popular songs (which 70% of the time are thar best songs) and Similiar artist.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:09 am FatalException Post #31

Yeah, I was thinking you might like Breaking Benjamin. I enjoy Simple Design.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:14 am Phobos Post #32

Are you sure about that?

So many music! Now I know what that 8Gb MP3 player is going to be for :P and MadZombie's site seems interesting

this is signature

Jun 3 2008, 12:31 am Fisty Post #33

If any band, I would try Breaking Benjamins, So Cold is one of the songs they made that I think you would like.

Also, maybe if you want to mix some Metal into your music, try Saliva, Ladies And Gentlemen is a pretty good starter. They almost always include a bit of softer stuff in their music. (I know this may not be your style but it's a really great band).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 3 2008, 12:52 am by Deathman101.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 12:35 am Phobos Post #34

Are you sure about that?

Those go for tomorrow as well. Jeez, I won't have a single minute to lose tomorrow, will I?

this is signature

Jun 3 2008, 1:07 am MadZombie Post #35

sorry phobos but music is a chunk of my life, and getting people into artists im into is a great feeling. =]

None.

Jun 3 2008, 1:32 am Phobos Post #36

Are you sure about that?

To me it's perfectly okay. But I can see coming that I will not like Rage Against. Why, you would ask. Well, I have heard them before. The drums were too fast for me. But I will try them anyway.

this is signature

Jun 3 2008, 1:44 am FatalException Post #37

I also like a little ska, but that's an entirely different story. :P

None.

Jun 3 2008, 2:35 am MadZombie Post #38

Quote from Phobos
To me it's perfectly okay. But I can see coming that I will not like Rage Against. Why, you would ask. Well, I have heard them before. The drums were too fast for me. But I will try them anyway.
Then listen to "swing life away" first.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 2:42 am RIVE Post #39

Just Here For The Pie

They Might Be Giants, either you like them or you hate them.
So far, when introducing them to my friends, it's been a greater hate to like ratio.
Whatever you do, try to stay away from their kids stuff, for now. It will probably destroy your whole new perspective on them.
(Unless you're not telling us something else.)

Oh, and if you're looking into ska like FatalException brought up, I would suggest Reel Big Fish.

I don't know why, but I also want to suggest to you the Northern Ireland band Ash.
They're something to look into with a lot of high charting albums.

None.

Jun 3 2008, 3:34 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #40

👻 👾 👽 💪

Omg! <3 TMBG!

... Hate Ska though. Too irritating.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum