Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Who is working on FireGraft these days?
Who is working on FireGraft these days?
Oct 21 2023, 1:32 am
By: pastelmind  

Oct 21 2023, 1:32 am pastelmind Post #1

Hi. I used to maintain FireGraft during 2012-2013 (or so I think; my memory is foggy). Those of you who remember BroodWarAI.com may know me as RadiganP. I didn't have FireGraft's source code, but I did add many EXE edits for SCBW 1.16.1. Unfortunately, all of my work was lost when BroodWarAI.com shut down for good.

Today I came back and downloaded FireGraft from the link in the Many Manly Manmade Modern Modding... Programs thread by Pr0nogo. And it looks like someone else added more EXE edits. Some existing EXE edits got updated, too. Unfortunately, they stripped my detailed changelog from the README.txt file and didn't bother to document their own changes.

I am unlikely to contribute to FireGraft or make mods anymore. However, I do want to share a fix for a broken EXE edit that I discovered today.

Is anyone maintaining FireGraft? Maybe a GitHub repo or something? Where can I contribute?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2023, 10:09 pm by pastelmind.

None.

Oct 21 2023, 5:51 am Nekron Post #2

I dont think anyone is actively maintaining it. Neiv gave us a few fixes for AI exe edits a few years back iirc

Oct 22 2023, 1:14 pm Voyager7456 Post #3

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Hey, good to see you pastelmind! As Nekron said, no one is actively maintaining FG. We don't have access to the source code and updating the EXE edits is largely superfluous with GPTP and mtl and the such.

The latest repo for GPTP can be found here: https://github.com/BoomerangAide/GPTP
And you can find Neiv's various plugins here: https://github.com/neivv

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 22 2023, 9:06 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

It would've still been cool to see Firegraft updated and worked on again. I have a soft spot for it because up until this past August I was actively using it on SCR, and would still use it if I ever do anything for the classic game. :-)

Trial and error... mostly error.

Oct 24 2023, 4:31 am pastelmind Post #5

Good news. I found some old copies of FireGraft that I published on BroodWarAI.com. Maybe I could put this on GitHub.

(Fingers crossed that GitHub does not go down like bwai, Modcrafters, or even Google Code.)

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
It would've still been cool to see Firegraft updated and worked on again. I have a soft spot for it because up until this past August I was actively using it on SCR, and would still use it if I ever do anything for the classic game. :-)

Do you mean FireGraft works with StarCraft Remastered? That is news to me.

None.

Oct 24 2023, 9:41 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #6

The Curious

Well, uh, I thought it was common knowledge? The EXE edits didn't work (though some were substituted by MTL's features) but the other stuff (buttonsets and requirements) was very well working by adding the .fgp file to the mod.

Oct 25 2023, 6:34 am Nekron Post #7

It is very common knowledge among the 3 people that mod SCR, Ilya

Oct 25 2023, 12:03 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #8

The Curious

Actually don't sell us short; there are more people than that. We might not even know everybody. :)

Oct 25 2023, 2:08 pm Voyager7456 Post #9

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from pastelmind
Good news. I found some old copies of FireGraft that I published on BroodWarAI.com. Maybe I could put this on GitHub.

Please do, I think people would be interested in seeing that.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 26 2023, 12:21 am Corbo Post #10

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Nekron
LMAO

I'm sorry that was too funny :lol:

But yeah, please share!

fuck you all

Oct 26 2023, 1:12 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #11

The Curious

Quote from Corbo
Quote from Nekron
LMAO

I'm sorry that was too funny :lol:
This from someone who has only just recently created a useful tool for "all three of us". :D

Oct 27 2023, 4:33 am Corbo Post #12

I'm ok with my 3 downloads that exclusively help 3 people, hell if it only helped one i'm game xd

fuck you all

Oct 27 2023, 10:57 am NudeRaider Post #13

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Hell, you'd be game if it only helped you. ;)

Oct 27 2023, 11:33 pm Corbo Post #14

i 100% only did it cause it would help other people cause while making a SCR modding tutorial i realised how painful it was to edit raw jsons xd

I havent really used it besides my testing but yeah some people have. it's got 11 downloads lmao and it's surprising to see other people, outside of the ones i personally asked to test, have been using it.

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum