Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TERRARIA
TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2236 >

Jun 14 2011, 3:04 am ShadowFlare Post #381

Quote from CecilSunkure
How are you making modifications to the game? I don't understand how it's doable for you if you don't have the source code?
Basically I do have the source code; not in its original form, but very much usable. I used a .NET decompiler and fixed up the things it didn't do right so it could compile and run correctly (things that actually look like they would be fairly trivial to make it do right, but it just doesn't).

None.

Jun 14 2011, 6:16 pm CecilSunkure Post #382

How did you get the source code?

None.

Jun 14 2011, 6:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #383

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from CecilSunkure
How did you get the source code?
She just said ;o
Quote from ShadowFlare
I used a .NET decompiler

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 14 2011, 6:31 pm CecilSunkure Post #384

Ah I see, I read too fast and read ".net compiler", as in I thought she had the source code and was just using a compiler.

None.

Jun 14 2011, 6:33 pm UnholyUrine Post #385

I wish you guys were speaking English for once :blush:

None.

Jun 14 2011, 6:39 pm CecilSunkure Post #386

Lols UU http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_XNA

So I'm assuming Terraria was written in C# using XNA.

None.

Jun 14 2011, 7:13 pm ShadowFlare Post #387

Yeah, probably with either Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C# Express 2010 and XNA Game Studio 4.0.

None.

Jun 14 2011, 7:48 pm MadZombie Post #388

Well the source doe for an alpha build was released way before the beta that I linked people to was released. I still have that but I'm not familiar with these sort of things but I'd imagine it's useless by now.

None.

Jun 15 2011, 1:32 am ShadowFlare Post #389

Surface jungles make quite effective tree farms. I made one on the east side of my tiny world and harvested a lot of wood.

None.

Jun 15 2011, 2:11 am UnholyUrine Post #390

I thought I made the above ground Jungle farm..

None.

Jun 17 2011, 3:50 am LoveLess Post #391

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Well, we've reached a month since we released Terraria to the public. And in that time we have seen a large thriving community grow and come together all over the Internet, especially here on TerrariaOnline. So to offer you an idea of the size of the community on a while, we share with you the following numbers.

-By The Numbers- As of (06/16/2011)

Copies/4Packs Sold Total - 350,000+ (Copies Owned - 432,000+)
Days/Top Ten Sales List on Steam - 32 days
Days/Top Ten Played List on Steam - 32 days
Players Online at once - Peaks we have seen range from 14k to 32k a day.
Facebook Likes - 28,773
TerrariaOnline Members -
YouTube Trailer Views - (Old-Gameplay) 1,181,691, (Release Trailer) 866,285

We are very proud of these numbers and we would like to thank all of our fans and the community for the efforts they put in to spread the word of the game, and also contribute to it with suggestions and ideas.

We want to send a special shout out to the team at Valve who help us with out with the general advice they send our way. The way they treat others is a great tribute to gamers everywhere. With so many game companies focusing more on profit, its great to see a company focusing more on the gamer themselves. And their support of indie developers offers a great shining example to other studios. It's as if they are saying, "Don't lose site of why people play a game." And that is also our guideline here at Re-Logic, as gamers ourselves, we know what we want a game to be like.

As for what we want a game to be like, In my last Dev Blog I mentioned some things you could look forward to possibly be in 1.0.5. I would like to share some of the changelog items with you. Not all, mind you, as we like to keep some of it as a surprise of course. We are hoping everyone starts to see the concept for the game as we have envisioned it more and more with every update. As the game starts to come together and become more intuitive, lengthy and purposeful, we hope to quell any doubts some people have that the game will not be able to keep its 'staying power' and 'replayablity'.

To that end, We give you, Hardcore Mode.
I Mentioned it briefly in a tweet, to let everyone know it was on its way. I can verify now that It will be in 1.0.5 and it will offer to those who find themselves wanting more to do in Terraria, an option at just that. Yes, it will be an 'option' and wont be forced on everyone.
Here are a few things I can say about it.
Its a Character Based option, so your HCM character can move between servers. Be careful though. As a non-HCM players grief can end your run quite easily
Its set at character creation and can not be toggled off for that character afterward.
If you Die, thats it, game over. You must start a new Character at that point. Your world however will not be effected by this. So this means you may start a new HC mode character and utilize the house/chests your last character left behind. You will also see a gravestone where your old character met his fate.
It really changes the way you play the game, as every action could be your last. Caution is a good thing. Also, There is more of a sense of accomplishment as you play.
Now, for those of you who want to know what else is coming, here are a few tidbits from the change log.

Lighting code has been optimized to increase performance.
Servers now hibernate when no players are connected.
Bats, Hornets, and Eyeballs no longer enter water.
Slimes now float in water.
Spam detection is less aggressive.
New Item - Hellfire Arrow. (Boom!)
Also, Mr. Guide has become a friend to all new players. A new feature for this helpful individual, is that now he can tell you what specific items that you 'show him' are for. This should assist new players in discovering new recipes they can't yet make.

Furthermore, for those of you who like to know whats going on in your server, and are tired of simply seeing "MrMan was slain..." when someone else dies , will now have the satisfaction of seeing the likes of the following;
"Blue fell to his death." or "Blue had his head ripped off by a Green Slime."

PvP also becomes more interesting (and satisfying) with those kinds of specific death messages. :]
Lastly I want to mention that Redigit has laid the framework for having NPC shops change their inventory after certain world events. It isn't certain yet it the new feature will be implemented in 1.0.5 or not, but its something you can all look forward to.

Overall, we here at Re-Logic feel that offering to our players new interesting things to see and do, is the best way to keep them happy. And, by far, your happiness is important to us. 1.0.4 was hailed by almost all fans as a success, and we hope 1.0.5 will be as well. We have yet to set a date for that update, but more and more each day new things find their way into the change-log.

(Looks at his Dev chat window) Whats that Redigit just said?... New Potions, Buffs?... Oh my.

None.

Jun 17 2011, 4:26 am UnholyUrine Post #392

The Shout-out to Valve's Steam is pretty classy in light of the new EA dropping games from Steam (or is it the other way around) fiasco.

Also.. Hardcore mode = 1 life?! One unfortunate drop = death X(
what happens to the items?

None.

Jun 17 2011, 5:38 am LoveLess Post #393

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from UnholyUrine
The Shout-out to Valve's Steam is pretty classy in light of the new EA dropping games from Steam (or is it the other way around) fiasco.

Also.. Hardcore mode = 1 life?! One unfortunate drop = death X(
what happens to the items?
Gone. Your character is lost. Funny thing is... I was one of the few people who requested this on the forums. I wonder if they listened to me? :D

None.

Jun 17 2011, 10:21 am MadZombie Post #394

NPC shops change their inventory

well that's real fucking neato

None.

Jun 17 2011, 2:00 pm ShadowFlare Post #395

450x450 world:

I had to modify some parts of the generator and skip some parts while it was running to make it work. The file for this world: http://www.mediafire.com/?c67pc0ypbudp5x5

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 17 2011, 2:14 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 17 2011, 2:16 pm ShadowFlare Post #396

btw, some unrelated screenshots:

Apparently the dirt rod can hold up sand with the suspended dirt in single player, eventually placing the dirt in the air if you hold it too long, and then you can duplicate mass quantities of sand. Holding sand with the dirt also allows you to use it as a weapon.

None.

Jun 18 2011, 2:21 am Heinermann Post #397

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I was re-writing several things in order to better organize the project.
I found a way to load the Terraria graphics (XNB files) in native C++ code (took a while, but I did it). Still needs a wrapper though.

In addition to that I just finished writing the Save/Save As code.

(This is for the largest world size, creating a 91MB+ file)

Most of the stuff I did was internal (items list, NPCs list & color/sizing information, tiles list, backgrounds list, graphics research) so there isn't much to show yet.

Jun 18 2011, 5:07 am Neki Post #398

hardcore mode? reminds me of diablo 2, lol.

None.

Jun 18 2011, 1:57 pm The Starport Post #399

What is a shadow orb? How do they get where they are? How are they linked to areas of corruption and those giant chasms? Why does a meteor appear when you destroy one? What are meteors? Why do little living fire balls appear when you go near them? Why do shadow orbs summon Eater of Worlds occasionally when destroyed? How many worlds has an Eater of Worlds eaten?

The devs are leaving huge blanks in their lore...

None.

Jun 18 2011, 2:30 pm NicholasBeige Post #400

Durr. The Eater of Worlds get hungry and they eat the chasms, and it is there saliva that causes the corruption. But they have really poor digestive systems and end up shitting out a pure spherical ball of corruption, which is the orb itself. After defecating itself in such a manner, the Eater of Worlds usually hibernates indefinitely, out of embarrassment. It is unknown why it so vehemently defends its own balls of crap however - always appearing once you have hammered open the fossilised shiteballs. Rotten Chunks and Vile Powder are a natural laxative and this is what causes the Eater of Worlds to come out of hibernation, since it is forever seeking to alleviate it's cramping bowels.

As for the meteors? I can only presume that by destroying Eater of World poop, you anger some God of Defecation and he throws balls of his own fiery shite at your world.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2236 >
  Back to forum