3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 612 >

Dec 14 2010, 4:35 am poison_us Post #61

Back* from the grave

Why do all of my attempts at 3D modelling look like a 3 year old writing his name?

Dec 14 2010, 11:27 am MadZombie Post #62

Because you are stubborn and won't look at tutorials, noob.

It only takes 2weeks or less just to get a decent grasp at how things work. So ez.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 4:01 pm Apos Post #63

I order you to forgive yourself!

If you are using blender, just get the Blender Cheat sheet and you will [know / learn / see] all the most used shortcuts. It will come out very handy.

Dec 14 2010, 11:48 pm poison_us Post #64

Back* from the grave

I'll just leave this here: http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php.

Dec 15 2010, 12:07 am MadZombie Post #65

Features > Last updated 2008

The gallery really doesn't impress me. But it's free so I can't complain. Though what can this do that Blenders renderer can't? I Think I'll stick to pirating Mental Ray or V ray or something.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 12:21 am poison_us Post #66

Back* from the grave

I can't pirate, so I take what I can get. There's some difference in the way blender and this renders stuff apparently, and I figured someone might like it.

Dec 15 2010, 12:45 am MadZombie Post #67

I've seen more impressive things from blenders gallery although the realism might be off it still looks better imo :3

None.

Dec 15 2010, 3:29 am Jack Post #68

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

If you want an external renderer, I recommend indigo + the blendigo script (blendigo is used to export to a format indigo supports basically).

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 15 2010, 5:35 pm MadZombie Post #69

DeerWhale

Deerwhale v1.1 + over 9000 hours rendering in photoshop

None.

Dec 15 2010, 6:27 pm IskatuMesk Post #70

Lord of the Locker Room

That whale needs a texture. Something bright, and happy.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 15 2010, 8:51 pm Apos Post #71

I order you to forgive yourself!

I just happened to find an other free 3D modeling tool called K-3D Mug.

Video of what it can do

It seems like it's a pretty interesting piece of software.

Dec 15 2010, 9:50 pm MadZombie Post #72

A couple of free 3d modeling software exist. I think another is Wings3D. I hear it's the best for modelling, just modelling though.

None.

Dec 16 2010, 9:14 pm Jack Post #73

Quote from MadZombie
A couple of free 3d modeling software exist. I think another is Wings3D. I hear it's the best for modelling, just modelling though.
There's like over 9000 free modeling softwares, but blender is the best by far. You've also got sketchup, wings, anim8or, and truespace, but they're runners-up to blender.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 16 2010, 9:46 pm NicholasBeige Post #74

Or... you can just download a free 3 year trial of ANY autodesk software if you happen to be a Student.

Badaboom badabing. Big mega happy fun time modelling with a REAL piece of software.

That K-3D looks annoyingly basic. I'd hate to have to right click and explore my way through that mess of a 'context-menu'. And it'd be a nightmare to try and find all the functions if you're already used to another piece of software ie. blender/3dsmax/maya. Personally, you would never think to find Inset under the Extrude function, since, they're pretty different.

Nope. I'll just stay with my bad-ass 3D Studio Max. The interface is intuitive, and the 'search help-bar' provides documentation on pretty much any feature I want to learn about instantly. Did I mention how bad-ass it is?

None.

Dec 16 2010, 9:52 pm DevliN Post #75

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Hey guys, here's a thought. I'm pretty sure all the bickering about which piece of software is better is futile, and it would probably be in everyone's best interest if they just stay on topic. No one is going to convince anyone else to switch to a different 3D program, whether free or not, so the back-and-forth is really, really unnecessary.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 16 2010, 9:56 pm NicholasBeige Post #76

Hehehe DevliN. We know this. It's just fun banter. I personally don't give a monkeys' if someone uses Blender or Maya or whatever. I know what I like and that's 3DS Max.

None.

Dec 17 2010, 12:28 am poison_us Post #77

Back* from the grave

Blender doesn't export texture to the object when rendering, at least not for me for some reason.

Dec 17 2010, 1:10 am Jack Post #78

Quote from poison_us
Blender doesn't export texture to the object when rendering, at least not for me for some reason.
You mean, blender doesn't apply the texture to your model when you render? Yer doing it wrong :P Explain how you're adding the texture to the model.

Red classic.

Dec 17 2010, 2:12 pm MadZombie Post #79

It's just fun banter
No fun allowed.

blender doesn't apply the texture to your model when you render?
I'm sure he means something else since I've posted renders with textures and he knows I use blender. Or he's just pointing out the fact that he sux and stuff.

None.

Dec 17 2010, 5:44 pm poison_us Post #80

Back* from the grave

Quote from Jack
Quote from poison_us
You mean, blender doesn't apply the texture to your model when you render? Yer doing it wrong :P Explain how you're adding the texture to the model.
Quote from MadZombie
Or he's just pointing out the fact that he sux and stuff.
This.

When I tell it to render the model, I don't even get a model, and I'm assuming that even if I did it wouldn't have a texture. The preview shows nothing but a bland, gray model.

Nevermind, figured out what was wrong. Missing a certain file for whatever reason.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 17 2010, 8:52 pm by poison_us.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 612 >
  Back to forum