3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >

Dec 4 2010, 2:16 am NicholasBeige Post #21

Next challenge... create a piece of furniture! Can be anything! Sci-fi, made up, traditional, what you're sitting on right now etc

None.

Dec 4 2010, 2:22 am MadZombie Post #22

>Maya
>Save
>Diskette

:|

Anyways, furniture sounds great. I really wanted to finish that pokeball but I don't know how to do the middle black circular indent correctly. You guys don't help ;_;

None.

Dec 4 2010, 2:28 am NicholasBeige Post #23

I can't help you. It's against my religion to even be seen with a blenderiser. I keed, I keed.

I've never used blender.

None.

Dec 4 2010, 2:31 am Jack Post #24

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from MadZombie
>Maya
>Save
>Diskette

:|

Anyways, furniture sounds great. I really wanted to finish that pokeball but I don't know how to do the middle black circular indent correctly. You guys don't help ;_;
I tole you on aim bro. Just extrude, click, scale inwards, then add a bevel to make it look nicer, and probably a subsurf modifer too. OK so I didn't say the last two steps but yeah :P

Do I win the contest, seeing as mine's the one that looks the closest to a pokeball? :P

K furniture, hrmm. Maybe we should have a poll for each contest or something...

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 4 2010, 2:40 am NicholasBeige Post #25

And a deadline? It's 2:40am here... Not fair that you get the advantage of being awake! :awesome: :flamer:

None.

Dec 4 2010, 2:46 am Jack Post #26

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Nah, no deadline. Just till everyone who wants to enter has finished, I guess.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 4 2010, 5:04 am Apos Post #27

I order you to forgive yourself!

You wish you could sit on it don't you?
(:crybaby: I can't make soft pillows :crybaby:)

Edit:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2010, 4:48 pm by Apos. Reason: I made the video much better!

Dec 4 2010, 10:15 am Corbo Post #28

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

You wish you could sit on it don't you?
( I can't make soft pillows )

Start by changing the material. Only plastic reflects like that. And the way it reflects and the ohgodsoverysharpedges will most likely cut myself if I sit in there. so nothx no sitting for me.

Try using a soft leather texture like this one: http://cgtextures.com/thumbnails/textures/fabric/leather/Leather0045_2_thumbhuge.jpg as both, a bump and diffuse map or maybe just bump. If you're using max apply a FFD 4x4x4 modifier to your boxes and pull up the center or "controls" to make an "inflated" box. If you're not, get it. Chamfer the edges so they won't make me bleed when I sit and that should be it.

Result:

I added a little something(the little holes) but the idea remains the same, texture, chamfer edges.
Max has all sorts of fun stuff if you play enough with it, the little holes for example are done with "soft selection" No need to do any fancy nurbs or over complicated crap. Just took the time of selecting 5 vertex :hurr:

Also this topic got GG'd by mesk.

fuck you all

Dec 4 2010, 12:45 pm MadZombie Post #29

No back support and I'd probably slip off if I sat in it. Cool idea but it's too blocky.

If you're not, get it.
Noob

I thought I posted this already but I guess I fell asleep:

Okay. heres the plan. Even though we aren't all using the same program I think it would be possible for us to make models and hand it to one person and be able to put them all in one scene right? The models can be converted and stuff right? I think we're only using Blender and Maya here. Anyways since we are supposed to work on a furniture we should make a room together. We should put people in charge of certain furniture and misc items and then at the end we combine it and putit in a room and render it and profit.

B)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2010, 1:59 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Dec 4 2010, 3:19 pm Biophysicist Post #30

A while ago I'd made this:

I think it was done in half an hour or so, then I kinda gave up on it because the model was full of artifacts and glitches. Hence, there's practically no detailing.

Furniture... Let's see if I can make something that's not absolutely pooplordish.

EDIT: That's a pretty cool idea, MZ... Assuming people can keep with the same style, why not?

EDIT2: I could even put some people in it with Mudbox (not to be confused with mudkip) if desired... Though, atm, that's really all I can do with Mudbox...

None.

Dec 4 2010, 6:22 pm IskatuMesk Post #31

Lord of the Locker Room

wut artifacts? Select vertices -> weld -> gg? In maya, use Harden Edges for best stalin???

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 4 2010, 7:28 pm MadZombie Post #32

Well for now it's a open closet like thing. I'm not sure if my glass that I'm trying to put on the door frame things are actually there or if they are just so transparent they can't be seen.

MORE FURNITURE

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 5 2010, 1:46 am by MadZombie.

None.

Dec 5 2010, 2:41 am NicholasBeige Post #33

So I made a funky-lamp... it's my first time using lighting in 3DS Max... made with 1 skylight at 0.1 intensity, and 2 omnilights inside the lamp at 0.5 intensity. Then used Advanced Raytracing for the shadows... Loooks pretty funkay!

Just need to learn about materials now :P

@Zombie - that looks a bit shitty :P, not the model in anyway but the texture itself, looks like it's been left in a derelict office block and home to a hobo's ringpull collection!

None.

Dec 5 2010, 2:50 am MadZombie Post #34

Looks like a funky hamper lul.

Yea I liked how worn the texture was. My furniture can survive a trip to hell and back. Thats how good I am at putting together a model :kame:

Just need to learn about materials now
when I first found out about materials I wanted to make everything reflective and transparent.

None.

Dec 5 2010, 4:15 pm IskatuMesk Post #35

Lord of the Locker Room

k here's something a bit bigger

It's also unfinished to the sweatiest degree so feel free to make some realistic suggestions and no it's definitely not a 1:1 representation

It's a low-detail unit for UDK project, about 5-6x the size of the player character (the body is around the size of a muscle car). The legs will be IK controlled, preferably, with an extremely high amount of articulation points. The details are all cosmetic atm, the front of the lower chassis will be for the modular weapon system.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 5 2010, 4:59 pm MadZombie Post #36

I bet that spider could use a nice table and cabinet :kame:

None.

Dec 7 2010, 5:51 am NicholasBeige Post #37

I'm sorry.. But I think we all better stop 3D Modelling right now. Our skills will never be as great as this:

None.

Dec 7 2010, 7:14 am CecilSunkure Post #38

Oh my god that was the weirdest video I've ever seen.

None.

Dec 7 2010, 11:58 am MadZombie Post #39

This is why I want to do this. Very inspiring.

None.

Dec 7 2010, 3:27 pm IskatuMesk Post #40

Lord of the Locker Room

I think cardinal went through my favorites on youtube and found one of the good ones

The original it's based off of is just as amazing.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >
  Back to forum