3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 512 >

Dec 7 2010, 10:47 pm MadZombie Post #41

Was following a tutorial on making a baseball. I got to the best part where it would teach me how to use the screw (I assume) modifier to make the seams on the ball where the two pieces connect to hold the ball together but the ball exploded and took my motivation with it. I have Dial up so you know how it goes. I'll finish it another day. Also I need to learn how to make fur/grass so I can make sum srs grass instead of a texture. ;_;

None.

Dec 9 2010, 12:21 am Corbo Post #42

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from MadZombie
Also I need to learn how to make fur/grass so I can make sum srs grass instead of a texture. ;_;

Faking grass is easier and takes waaaaay less rendering time than if you used fur.

Just get a nice noise texture use it as a displacement map and tile it a bunch of times, result:

If you do want to use fur for whatever reason, try using VRay and their fur/grass plugin.
Will get you this:
http://www.jamesshaw.co.nz/blog/wp-content/gallery/tutorial-vray-grass/grass_varieties.jpg

fuck you all

Dec 9 2010, 12:29 am MadZombie Post #43

BLARGH. It's not pretty enough. I have to use particles or fur or w/e but I am not ready yet to use an external renderer I don't think. ;_;

It doesn't really show here but I sorta (barely) figured out sculpting mode and started messing with it. Half way through messing with it I remembered how people used to make these kinds of imaged that they dubbed "C4D" since they were usually made in Cinema 4D. I wanted to see if I could do it too ;0

edit: Oh. And also my tutorial for the day.

I learned how to use curves and messing with normals a bit. I made guts.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 9 2010, 12:35 am by MadZombie.

None.

Dec 11 2010, 8:23 pm Apos Post #44

I order you to forgive yourself!

Next challenge... create a meal (food)! Can be anything! Sci-fi, made up, traditional, what you're eating right now etc

Dec 11 2010, 11:41 pm MadZombie Post #45

I asked for someone to tell me to do something and they told me I should make a cinema and make it under 600 polies without a roof. It's practically walls and seats though so meh. My lighting and textures suck. Leave me alone ;_;

Anyways. Food. Got it.

None.

Dec 12 2010, 2:29 pm IskatuMesk Post #46

Lord of the Locker Room

600 polies? What is this, Doom?

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 12 2010, 4:16 pm NicholasBeige Post #47

So, I make Alien Tribal Brave man. He evil, and haz warpaintz.

But, he is only concept art. So subject to change.

psst, he's just over 2 million polygons... muahhaha

None.

Dec 12 2010, 4:35 pm The Starport Post #48

I shall call him Butthead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 12 2010, 5:04 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Dec 12 2010, 5:09 pm MadZombie Post #49

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISS

None.

Dec 12 2010, 5:20 pm poison_us Post #50

Back* from the grave

Quote from MadZombie
Anyways, furniture sounds great. I really wanted to finish that pokeball but I don't know how to do the middle black circular indent correctly. You guys don't help ;_;
I'm getting in on Blender. Any advice, as I install?

Dec 12 2010, 5:29 pm MadZombie Post #51

Yea. I hope you like rouguelikes because their are a ton of hotkeys you are going to need to remember to be efficient when using blender. I don't even know where half of the buttons are for the hotkeys I use. But don't forget that even if you don't know the hotkey but you know what the term is called you can always just press spacebar and search for the action you are trying to do.

After about 3-5 tutorial videos you'll get the hang of it. It's really not that hard. to get to noob status like me atleast :3

Cardinal what sculpting program are you using? Is that just from Max? I must learn to sculpt ;_;

None.

Dec 12 2010, 6:16 pm poison_us Post #52

Back* from the grave

I still can't figure out how to do what I want at all, so I've got a long ass way to go before I get noob status. Oh, and I'm refusing to look at tutorials for at least the first hour, so that I can learn at least a little ragequit on my own.

Dec 12 2010, 6:49 pm Jack Post #53

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Poison, did you DL blender 2.49 or 2.5x beta? DL the beta if you didn't already, it's far better than 2.49 in terms of learning from scratch.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 13 2010, 5:26 am NicholasBeige Post #54

MadZombie - I use MudBox 2011. Which is probably the best piece of sculpting software available in my opinion. My piece of shit computer can easily subdivide a model up to 6 million polygons and I can go wild hacking, slashing, smoothing, bulging, scraping away at it until it resembles anything I like. Which is cool.

Although, MudBox didn't really change so much since AutoDesk took it over in 2007. Many of the features are exactly the same as they were in MudBox 1.07, when Skymatter ran the gig. The performance is the main increase. Check this video out:

http://vimeo.com/3257726

None.

Dec 13 2010, 11:32 am MadZombie Post #55

How shitty is your computer? Post specs so I can compare and figure out if I can try sculpting in a sculpting program.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 8:20 pm MadZombie Post #56

I'm the best modeler in the wooooooooooooorld

None.

Dec 13 2010, 11:06 pm Corbo Post #57

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from MadZombie

I asked for someone to tell me to do something and they told me I should make a cinema and make it under 600 polies without a roof. It's practically walls and seats though so meh. My lighting and textures suck. Leave me alone ;_;

Anyways. Food. Got it.
This looks really, really bad. And the chosen perspective doesn't help at all.

@Sculpting, try zbrush. I like it the best and consider it's the best out there. Mudbox should be used only for texturing, at least that's the only reason I use it :P

fuck you all

Dec 13 2010, 11:50 pm payne Post #58

:payne:

Quote from MadZombie

Anyways. Food. Got it.
It makes me think of the kind of graphics I'd see in Rainbow 6. :><:

None.

Dec 14 2010, 1:10 am MadZombie Post #59

I was given rules

-Cinema
-No roof
-4 rows of 4 seats
-under 600 polies

Just leave me alone ;_;

The whole thing came out to like 540~ faces.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 1:23 am IskatuMesk Post #60

Lord of the Locker Room

'kay, here's another really simple model. Incidentally one that I haven't finished yet, either. See the trend, here? It's because I keep reaching the limits of my abilities and can't push on. This one just needs the rear and rear top to be complete.

Purgatory - Armageddon Onslaught

You might remember that the Purgatory in AO used my Kaloth BC sprite, just resized. This is the real deal.

I can post the progress screenshots I took at the time of modeling which was months ago.

Info -

Polycount: 16k (25k was my soft limit I had imposed upon myself)
Length: 7km, 3x the size of a Terran BC
Armament: Rapid-fire beam-pulse cannons, Hellfire torpedoes, drones, interceptors
Defenses: Psionic displacement well, shielding
Subsystems: Jump drive, Disruptor cannon

The Purgatory is longer ranged than the Juggernaut but shorter ranged than the Salvation. It does greater direct damage than the both of them, acting as a balance between the two. It lacks the reactive shielding of the Juggernaut, but has defensive drones that can shoot down most types of projectiles.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 512 >
  Back to forum