3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 812 >

Jan 23 2011, 10:09 pm MadZombie Post #101

Blender questions:

1) How do I make grass in blender? It's considered hair or something right? I'm not really familiar with that sort of stuff. Halp.
2) How would I make vegetation like say... vines with leaves come out of it or w/e. Would I just use a bezier curve for the stems and then make planes and use textures of leaves with alpha ?
3) How do I make renders of an object like say the default cube with the camera at a position where the cube is in the middle of the render with a ton of empty space around it. How do I get that empty space to save as transparent? I know theirs a button that makes it transparent in the render window but when I save the image (F3) it is no longer transparent.
4) How do I set up the camera so that the render focuses on certain parts to get that blurry effect. I'm pretty sure blender can do that right? Not sure what the technical term is called.

None.

Jan 24 2011, 1:59 am Apos Post #102

I order you to forgive yourself!

1) Use particles
2) I guess you can do it the way you like.... (Here can be a good place to start (Text tutorial using blender 2.5!))
3) In the render panel, put png as the output. Under, you will see "RGBA" (Where "A" stands for Alpha), select it. Now, render your scene. Under your rendered image, there are 4 very small pictures, activate the 3rd one from the right. (It's says "Draw image with RGB colors and Alpha transparency".)
4) That's called "Depth of field" (Here is an example)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2011, 2:35 am by Apos. Reason: Changed my tree link

Jan 26 2011, 3:14 am IskatuMesk Post #103

Lord of the Locker Room

Grass is most often just a plane with a material on it, same with facial hair. At least in actual games. I can't be sure what to recommend for actual 3d rendering, but all I've read so far is that generated hair and such tends to be extremely demanding on hardware to render. I would consider pursuing the plane option if you consider yourself advanced enough to understand it. Alternatively you can try particles, which is somewhat similar, but I'm not sure at all how that works (or Blender's capabilities in the first place).

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jan 26 2011, 12:22 pm MadZombie Post #104

I pretty sure you don't mean just have a plane as the floor with grass texture. You mean like little vertical planes with textures of grass with alpha amirite? Though I'm not really sure how it would look if you are at certain angles since planes are flat and so would the grass. I've messed with hair and it shits on my computer but It could be totally worth it.

Mite b cool.

None.

Jan 26 2011, 2:23 pm NicholasBeige Post #105

google: 'blender hair plugins' - I'm sure there are some less hardware demanding solutions to creating grass. Or even 'creating grass in blender', 'many way to skin a cat'.

Workflow - excluding concept sketches.

Dilemma - hollow pieces meet solid pieces, geometry fixing, shelling and chamfering.

Rifle Assembled

Rifle Disassembled

edit: Sorry about the quality of those renders - didn't have time to spit out the usual quality :)

None.

Jan 28 2011, 6:23 am IskatuMesk Post #106

Lord of the Locker Room

Current project,

Admiral Askaramaan's Bloodstone Champion, a battleship from Sarenubis Kaladonmus and used as a basis for several variants that later appear in the Anahn fleet.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jan 28 2011, 3:07 pm MadZombie Post #107

HOW DO I MAKE ALPHA MAPS. GODDAMN. I'm trying to use a plane with a masked imaged but the only thing that becomes transparent is the actual image. Everything that should be transparent is solid and what should be solid is transparent. I was using the technique in the tree tutorial but it fails me ;_;.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 9:53 pm IskatuMesk Post #108

Lord of the Locker Room

FRANKENSTEIN CRUISER NEVER GIVES UP

Feb 1 2011, 1:51 pm NicholasBeige Post #109

WIP render of a guitar

Nearly completed:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 1 2011, 3:18 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Feb 2 2011, 12:51 am IskatuMesk Post #110

Lord of the Locker Room

mimes

Feb 3 2011, 3:15 pm IskatuMesk Post #111

Lord of the Locker Room

pointy!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 5 2011, 4:51 pm IskatuMesk Post #112

Lord of the Locker Room

I THOUGHT YOU WERE MADE OF STERNER STUFF

Come on, you guys are better at this than I am, where's your rendersssss

Feb 6 2011, 3:34 am Apos Post #113

It's not yet done, but I'm getting there! After, I'll make all the possible bricks I can think of.

I'll probably have to remake the hands, now that I look at it, I think I made them too big.

Feb 6 2011, 3:37 am IskatuMesk Post #114

Lord of the Locker Room

Planning some nature of animation with these? :D

Feb 6 2011, 3:39 am Apos Post #115

Quote from IskatuMesk
Planning some nature of animation with these? :D
Planning to do a lot! (It will be a lot better than if I was doing stop motion movies.) (I don't think I have enough Lego left anyway...)

Feb 6 2011, 5:24 pm poison_us Post #116

Back* from the grave

Make a castle, and have Iskatu's ships assault it.

Feb 8 2011, 7:07 pm IskatuMesk Post #117

Lord of the Locker Room

Feb 12 2011, 11:54 pm IskatuMesk Post #118

Lord of the Locker Room

progress~

Feb 16 2011, 6:02 pm NicholasBeige Post #119

Burp.

Edit: Soon they will come together and you'll have a futuristic, guitar-playing vixen shooting across a desert on her swoop bike.

None.

Feb 19 2011, 11:04 am NicholasBeige Post #120

I wants feeedback, bitches.

Custom Spell Animation

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2011, 1:00 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 812 >
  Back to forum