Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: What is the best Starcraft Race?
What is the best Starcraft Race?
May 21 2010, 7:30 pm
By: KooKsTeR  
Polls
Which Starcraft race is the best?
Which Starcraft race is the best?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Zerg 8

22%
Terran 12

32%
Protoss 18

48%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 38 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

May 23 2010, 11:42 pm New-Guy Post #21

I think it's Terran.
They have the highest damage in the game (siege tank, BC, nukes)
They have the longest range in the game (Siege tank again, Yamato Cannon)
They aren't too terribly expensive at start, unlike Protoss.
They are very flexible, very mobile, and can expand quickly as needed, due to flying buildings.
They have some of the best anti air (goliath IMO)

Hard to beat that...

None.

May 24 2010, 3:17 am Tempz Post #22

Well since it doesn't matter and toss wins i choose toss...
Ironicly it was the race i was going to choose since i played it the most 0_o

None.

May 24 2010, 5:10 am Sand Wraith Post #23

she/her

Zerg are clearly the superior race.

Story-wise, there is literally no end to the waves and waves of Zerg minions. Only a combined effort from Protoss and Terran have a chance to stand up against the Zerg Swarms.

Gameplay-wise.
Good Zerg expands, and expands everywhere. A good Zerg drives the game, and does not let the other player out of their base. A good Zerg micros out Irradiated Mutalisks from mutalisk squadrons. They expand everywhere; even if a Terran were to take out a base or two, the Zerg can doublequick adapt and start pumping out counter armies. Siege Tank armies are demolished by Mutalisk forces (which in turn are strong against Goliaths, despite the range difference, thanks to the Small armour size of the Mutalisk). Zerg can even Overlord rush with sufficient resources, essentially an in-game denial-of-service attack which can devastate races that need high micro (i.e. Protoss). Dark Swarm > Terran. Plague > all.

Terran won't be able to turtle forever. IMO, Zerg has a slight advantage against Terran, but no so much against Protoss.

May 24 2010, 8:30 pm Symmetry Post #24

Dungeon Master

The way Flash has been playing recently, it's all about Terran apparently. I always played Protoss though.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 25 2010, 2:51 am Tempz Post #25

If your curious starcraft history is very strange as each race had its time in the sun....

-The rigged race at release was zerg as spawning pool was 50 mins = easy rush
-Then the next rigged race was Terran when you over camped with seige tanks, while toss was called the noob race as they only used 3 units probes, zlots, and goons (Boxer era, and the imperfect terran) Called Xellos

- Now toss is the over rigged race as a combo of drop rapes, sairs, ht, dt, arbiter

Guide To History Of Starcraft http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=95155
If you look down the the the end it continues which has some more interesting facts which basiclly states that theres only 1 hot good looking female playing programmer :O, if they play good there probally ugly, if there pretty they sucks well except toss girl who was a terran =/

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 3:22 am by Tempz.

None.

May 25 2010, 3:22 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #26

Just here for the activity... well not really

Zerg, because they are the Borg of Starcraft.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 25 2010, 5:45 pm KooKsTeR Post #27

OK TWIST OF TOPIC NOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST RACE FOR A NEW PLAYER TO START AS AND WHY???

None.

May 25 2010, 6:25 pm Symmetry Post #28

Dungeon Master

Quote from KooKsTeR
OK TWIST OF TOPIC NOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST RACE FOR A NEW PLAYER TO START AS AND WHY???

Protoss; more expensive units are 1000x easier to macro.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 26 2010, 2:16 am Tempz Post #29

On a side note zerg cakes and chips, just saying :O

Zerg Base

Zerg Chips I think 0_o

Ultralisk Cake For InControl a starcraft player

Zerg base won first place in starcraft cake contest for starcraft 2 beta key

Some really cool designs in here

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 26 2010, 2:26 am by Tempz.

None.

May 26 2010, 10:15 pm Sand Wraith Post #30

she/her

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from KooKsTeR

Protoss; more expensive units are 1000x easier to macro.

*looks at poll*
There are a lot of "new players" at SEN.

Protoss are easiest for the beginner. One probe for construction, easy techtree, not-hard-to-figure-out spells, units that you can run headlong into battles and win.

May 26 2010, 10:36 pm Tempz Post #31

Yea that and less macro ;O

None.

May 26 2010, 11:03 pm KooKsTeR Post #32

yeah those were the same things I came up with too. They cost more so they are stronger and you dont have as many, thus easier for a newer player.

None.

May 26 2010, 11:58 pm Tempz Post #33

Zerg was epic when they could easily rush (no skill days)
Terran was best micro race back then
Toss is best macro race now :O

So lets put it as
Rush
Micro
Macro

None.

Jul 11 2010, 12:08 am Black Knight Post #34

I'd say Protoss in SCI since they have a majestic powerhouse feeling to their units and they're technology is advanced. In SCII however I'd say Terrans though.

None.

Options
  Back to forum