Heavy Metal
May 20 2010, 6:18 pm
By: Pr0nogo
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 22 2010, 6:32 am RIVE Post #21

Just Here For The Pie

Black Tide is rather on the lighter side of Heavy Metal. I always tell my friends that I think Almost Again is the heaviest metal song without jumping into Core genres.

None.

May 22 2010, 7:18 am DavidJCobb Post #22

Someone once told me that Rolling Stones - Paint It Black was metal. I don't know if that's true, and I doubt it, but that song is good nonetheless.

...Is it metal?

None.

May 22 2010, 10:24 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #23

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from RIVE
Black Tide is rather on the lighter side of Heavy Metal. I always tell my friends that I think Almost Again is the heaviest metal song without jumping into Core genres.
How is that metal? ;o It's not intense or epic.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2010, 10:31 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 22 2010, 4:41 pm Corbo Post #24

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Rolling Stones are rock.

lulz at black tide and almost again. Reminds me of evanescence :lol:
We need NORM here to get some real metal :P

fuck you all

May 22 2010, 7:38 pm RIVE Post #25

Just Here For The Pie

Epic enough?

I still think Strapping Young Lad is heavy as fuck!

None.

May 22 2010, 8:03 pm Devourer Post #26

Hello

Quote from RIVE

Awesome :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 22 2010, 9:09 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #27

👻 👾 👽 💪

Slow to get into it (but otherwise good) ... then it just keeps dragging on. ;o It never picks up.
This one also doesn't really pick up .. ;o
Megadeth seems a bit bland, though.
Also for some reason I always remember sleepwalker by Megadeth as a lot more intense than it really is. :P (random megadeth song that I just thought of.)

Quote from RIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1foqEJhrI
Definitely more metal than the last one you posted. :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 22 2010, 9:17 pm by FaRTy1billion.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 23 2010, 3:18 am Sand Wraith Post #28

she/her

Storming Across Heaven - Dragonland (Power Metal)

May 23 2010, 6:31 pm TiKels Post #29

This is what real metal is all about.

That's how you make text smaller than "1px size" =D

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 23 2010, 6:31 pm Norm Post #30

Hey...

I listen to most genres of Metal.

Traditional Heavy Metal, Power, Thrash, Death, Black, Doom, Progressive, Folk...

My collection is approx 180 albums from those genres, and then another 20 from Metal / Grindcore (Which although considered impure, I do love)

I dislike nu-garbage, it's not even Metal, it's distorted hard rock ><. Also not a big fan of the countless pop-punk inspired Metalcore and Deathcore bands.

Oh, I do like some glam on occasion.

Anyway, what surprises me is the lack of shows mentioned so far. What's up with that?

2010 has been a good year for me so far concerning shows. Since 2010 started, I've seen Tyr, Korpiklaani, Swashbuckle, White Wizzard, Augury, Cynic, Devin Townsend, Between the Buried and Me, Vader, Overkill, Evile, Warbringer, Woe of Tyrants, Finntroll, Swallow the Sun, and Moonsorrow (fucking epic).

On wedensday, I'm seeing Scar Symmetry, Hypocrisy, Swashbuckle (again), Blackguard. Pretty excited for that.

And of course summer is coming - which means lots of shows.

The main ones for me are Iron Maiden + Dream theater on the 17th of july. And then Cynic (again, but they're headlining this time) on August 1st. Also got a Soilwork show at the end of july, but I don't remember off hand who's opening that night.

Okay, that's it for now. Metal is awesome.

None.

May 23 2010, 7:18 pm Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

FUCK YA

HEAVY METAL

WOOOOOooooooOOOOHOooooOOOO

I like some. Not a lot.

May 23 2010, 9:24 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #32

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Norm
Anyway, what surprises me is the lack of shows mentioned so far. What's up with that?
Except I live in Utaj. The most we get is Motley Crue and whoever trails along with them in addition to nu-metal. >.> I went to Crue Fest (thanks to my sister), but that's about it. ;o

The main ones for me are Iron Maiden + Dream theater on the 17th of july
My friends and I were considering going to Arizona to go see that ... We can afford tickets and such, but we don't really have a way to get down there.

May 23 2010, 9:35 pm Corbo Post #33

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Norm
Except I live in Utaj.
Except I live in a third world country where we hardly get any concerts of any kind :P

fuck you all

May 23 2010, 9:38 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #34

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Corbo
Quote from Norm
Except I live in Utaj.
Except I live in a third world country where we hardly get any concerts of any kind :P
Except my brother lives in California where they get like 3 of every concert. :(

May 23 2010, 9:53 pm Norm Post #35

Quote from Norm
Except I live in Utaj. The most we get is Motley Crue and whoever trails along with them in addition to nu-metal. >.> I went to Crue Fest (thanks to my sister), but that's about it. ;o

My friends and I were considering going to Arizona to go see that ... We can afford tickets and such, but we don't really have a way to get down there.

Rent a car if you don't have one and drive... First lesson there is about Metal shows is that you can't let anything stop you from going to see your favorite bands.

None.

May 23 2010, 9:59 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Norm
Quote from Norm

Rent a car if you don't have one and drive... First lesson there is about Metal shows is that you can't let anything stop you from going to see your favorite bands.
Too young to rent a car. :P

It also doesn't help that my friend is going to be in Idaho until July 7th, and the concert in AZ is June 17th. :(

May 24 2010, 1:11 am Norm Post #37

Quote from Norm
Quote from Norm

Too young to rent a car. :P

It also doesn't help that my friend is going to be in Idaho until July 7th, and the concert in AZ is June 17th. :(

Then you still have time to meet someone who is going and hitch a ride. You are only letting yourself down if you're going to sit here and make excuses. Bust out your phone and start asking around.

None.

May 24 2010, 6:58 pm Pr0nogo Post #38

@DavidJCobb

EDIT: Moar.

(meh...)

\m/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2010, 7:06 pm by Pr0nogo.

Sep 18 2010, 9:09 pm Sand Wraith Post #39

she/her

Metal doesn't die, neither does this thread.

EDIT:

Sep 26 2010, 3:06 am Sand Wraith Post #40

she/her

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum