None.
Roryland 5

8%
None.
I like them all 4

7%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 66 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 14 2008, 11:50 pm Fisty Post #41

NUUU Fartylands

None.

Jan 15 2008, 1:49 am RoryFenrir Post #42

yay for modding! Just wait till i get to the campagn in my mod, then ill have to learn how to tile edit and i will make some SUPPER COOL BUILDING TILES

None.

Jan 15 2008, 5:09 pm Fisty Post #43

Quote from RoryFenrir
yay for modding! Just wait till i get to the campagn in my mod, then ill have to learn how to tile edit and i will make some SUPPER COOL BUILDING TILES
:lol: Hey guys lets watch him get owned by tileset editing.

None.

Jan 15 2008, 6:02 pm Corbo Post #44

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from RoryFenrir
That's not modding, we actually managed to play it without people dling anything but the map on b.net.

Right, farty?
/sarcastic evil joke for mappers

fuck you all

Jan 15 2008, 10:11 pm Falkoner Post #45

Lol, Corbo, even if that was true, they might dl it, but they'd need something like SCM Loader to see it :P

None.

Jan 15 2008, 11:51 pm Corbo Post #46

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

No, they don't need anything but to dl the map.
Did you not read my whole post?

fuck you all

Jan 16 2008, 9:01 am Zycorax Post #47

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I like Twilight most, followed by Jungle. Most of my favorite maps are in those tilesets; like Ride of Valkyries, Namja Iyagi, Dahlia of Jungle etc.
I like Ashworld and Desert least.

Jan 16 2008, 9:41 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #48

👻 👾 👽 💪

I <3 Ashworld! :C

8. Ice
7. Platform
6. Desert
5. Installation
4. Jungle
3. Badlands
2. Ashworld
1. Twilight

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 17 2008, 12:50 am Doodle77 Post #49

Space!
Parallax FTW!

None.

Jan 17 2008, 12:58 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #50

👻 👾 👽 💪

...Which is why I mixed space with twilight. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 17 2008, 2:41 am modmaster50 Post #51

I would say installation (the cool gun turrets). I never saw Roryland before. I wouldnt really know whats best though (cause my terrain skill is 0/10 and I use no doodads at all, in fact I dont even use different types of terrain other than low ground, high ground, and unpassable).

I dont like how installation is unbuildable though (no melee games). Btw, I found something similar to payne's avatar:

None.

Jan 17 2008, 10:11 pm RoryFenrir Post #52

The History of Rorylands
Rorylands is a new tileset for Starcraft Brood war which features many new blends and city scape related ideas created by RoryFenrir. Rorylands was first established for the 2007 Sen City Scape contest when RoryFenrir submitted his first city scape. He won over 10000 minerals which he spent most of on "Teh Magical Boxes" and the "50/50 Raffle".

After submitting the map on the terrain forum, he was shown up by some of the old city blends. RoryFenrir then modified some of these blends to be more original and to have different buildings. RoryFenrir also implemented features to the City Scapes like overpasses, sidewalks, and street lights.

After making many small projects like his "ships" and cliff buildings, RoryFenrir created the best city scape of the time, and in this he introdused many new and good looking blends like the "Ownage Windowed Building Blend"© and the "Blockiness Hider Iceworld Sprite Blend"©. This City Scape was also created to help boost the Maplantis Terrain Forum activity.

Afew weeks later Sen was reactivated, and RoryFenrir was the second one to post a topic and he posted his "Ownage CityScape"©. Because there was a flood of people back to sen and hardly any topics, many non-terrainers saw his work and were very impressed. It was then that RoryFenrir was made the "Ownage CityScape Maker" and the master of Badlands. His work was refered to many times by other users, and there were many noobs who tried to make cool buildings but they failed.

Seeing Falconer's website, RoryFenrir decided to create his own for his maps and terrain, and also to have better music then Falconer's. Sortly after the creation of the website, his computer was struck by lightning when he was playing Pest Control on Runescape. RoryFenrir then lost all his maps and terran.

After RoryFenrir got his new computer, he started modding instead of terraining. RoryFenrir still checked the declining Sen and Maplantis Terrain Forums, where he posted no new materials but just commented on other people's work. One terrainer was espesially good, ZergBlender. Zergblender took one of the Rorylands signature buildings and modified it so it had a waterfall going itno a pool infront of it. RoryFenrir watched as the public awed at his creations.

Seeing as there was still more to be discovered, RoryFenrir pondered on weather to make another cityscape with new blends and features. Being lazy he decided to create GRPs instead. ZergBlender continued to create more ideas and blends. The combination of his inovation and RoryFenrir' slacking abilities made ZergBlender a CityScape maser. As a very last ditch effort to save his reputation, RoryFenrir took a screen shot of the Starforge Tileset Selection and pasted it into paint and modified badlands to say "Rorylands" . He then saved the picture and uploaded it as his avitar. Hence the creation of how the tileset was named and officially created. Some thought the new Tileset was funny, but there were also those who took it seriously. Others may have also wondered about the spelling of "Rorylands", when is name has two capitals it should have been "RoryLands". There also those who defile the name and call it Roryland, as if it were plural. Soon after this topic was created with the option of "Roryland" which currently has 3 votes.

Lil-Inferno then posted a topic about wanting a huge city in Rorylands, so ZergBlender and RoryFenrir agreed to help and they started a very, very slow work in progress. The hope of this city was to find more blends, and boost the terrain forum activity.

Roryfenrir, who then perfered modding much more to terraining hardly worked on the city, and instead with his free time worked on his mod Terran Beginnings. After much pestering by Lil-inferno, RoryFenrir finnaly forced him self to work on the city. Rory came up with some new buildings, which most sucked but afew were good. After he completed about 1/6 of the city, he sent it to ZergBlender, which for reasons unknown to RoryFenrir he did not get. So the project is once again on hold because RoryFenrir is too lazy to reupload the map to filesare, and once again, the evolution of Rorylands has been stopped to RoryFenrir's lack of modivation.

Though it may look like it, RoryFenrir has not forgotten about his creation. He soon plans to modify badlands to have more wall blends and cooler windows. RoryFenrir plans to implement this into his mod Terran Beginings. As soon as he figures out Tileedit, he will post his creations on the terrain forum, which will piss off many, many terrainers because it isnt actually terraining but modding. RoryFenrir has chosen not to comment on this subject.
Rorylands Terrain Index

I hope that explains things for you ModMaster

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2008, 10:24 pm by RoryFenrir.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 10:27 pm Falkoner Post #53

and also to have better music then Falconer's

Which failed miserably. You can't beat my music :P

So that's where all your maps went... I was wondering why you never posted them :P

Too bad you didn't back them up on the internet, that's always the best choice.

None.

Jan 29 2008, 7:46 am MNeox Post #54

Quote from FaRTy1billion
I <3 Ashworld! :C

8. Ice
7. Platform
6. Desert
5. Installation
4. Jungle
3. Badlands
2. Ashworld
1. Twilight