Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How would you save the world?
How would you save the world?
Apr 29 2010, 7:13 am
By: Rantent  

May 1 2010, 12:50 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Why? Nothing bad could possibly happen.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 1 2010, 1:54 am MasterJohnny Post #22

Quote from Centreri
I added more since your last post. I want a unifying language because I want people to focus more on developing technologies and less on thinking differently. Both the USSR and the US managed to work fairly well within their different languages, so I doubt that the difference from language to language is that large. And on video games, I see no reason why they need to have blood and merciless killing. You can enjoy them very well without titles like GTA or whatever game had you killing civilians at an airport in cold blood.

a unifying language is disgusting! Way to groupthink! and newspeak!

Edit: does anyone on sen know Cantonese or Japanese anyway? If the world were to use a unifying language it should be the most complex which would be one of those two. (Well the most complex major world language anyway :-_-: ).

Because video game creators want that kind of stuff, Its a freedom of speech kind of thing
don't like it? ask the video game creators to make a patch that allows you to turn gore on and off.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 1 2010, 2:05 am by MasterJohnny.

I am a Mathematician

May 1 2010, 1:58 am Centreri Post #23

Relatively ancient and inactive

I laughed. "Groupthink", while irrelevant, is also good, as it reduces conflict and allows for easy progress. And on the subject of games, I'm not saying that I want to play games with no gore; I want everyone else to play games with less gore, too.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 1 2010, 3:40 am by Centreri.

None.

May 1 2010, 2:17 am BeDazed Post #24

Japanese is a very disgusting and one of the hardest languages to learn- not to mention that it just ripped off a lot of Chinese glyphs to their phonetic suit. If the world were to unify languages, then it would be non-verbal, and it will not be one of the languages currently in use.

None.

May 1 2010, 2:47 am MasterJohnny Post #25

Quote from BeDazed
Japanese is a very disgusting and one of the hardest languages to learn- not to mention that it just ripped off a lot of Chinese glyphs to their phonetic suit. If the world were to unify languages, then it would be non-verbal, and it will not be one of the languages currently in use.
But that is the point! You have to have complexity in a unifying language. It cannot be non-verbal or else it will not be complex.

I am a Mathematician

May 1 2010, 2:59 am KrayZee Post #26

Quote from Centreri
You're just wrong, Krayzee. ^^ I find it hilarious that after what you saw BeDazed write about executing a country's citizens for a leader's error or what IP wrote in the last thread about nuking Africa, you still single me out for eugenics. Grow up.
How am I wrong? You wanted to kill off way more people people and it's that's faster than Hitler and Stalin had ever done, which obviously means you're worse than them. And of course I'm right because there was already a topic about being leader of the world.
IP and BeDazed didn't put as much effort as you did, so I'm like "meh". And "grow up" does not make any sense as your ending statement. I mean, what's to grow up about? In what attitude I made that should "grow up"? I see nothing.

None.

May 1 2010, 3:42 am poison_us Post #27

Back* from the grave

Politics and religion ALWAYS make arguments.

waiting for a "no they don't!"

May 1 2010, 3:52 pm BeDazed Post #28

..It'd be better to use Korean as the unifying language of the world. <_<.

None.

May 1 2010, 3:58 pm Centreri Post #29

You're such a dreamer. :P

None.

May 1 2010, 7:18 pm MasterJohnny Post #30

Quote from Centreri
I laughed. "Groupthink", while irrelevant, is also good, as it reduces conflict and allows for easy progress. And on the subject of games, I'm not saying that I want to play games with no gore; I want everyone else to play games with less gore, too.
Groupthink can never be good. It is essentially like being religious because you would not question anything.
The bay of pigs invasion is a good example of groupthink. U.S. thought they could not lose and planned terribly.

I am a Mathematician

May 1 2010, 10:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #31

I would just redistribute the wealth. Every problem ever solved (or placed in a prime position to be easily solved.)

May 2 2010, 12:57 am DavidJCobb Post #32

[deleted]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2018, 3:58 am by DavidJCobb. Reason: not nuanced

None.

May 2 2010, 1:06 am Centreri Post #33

Oh, of course. I was just singling out one example. The one thing I want to preserve is some level of bloodshed, so war movies and such are allowed; just no Saw, or blood-oriented games or comic books. Same thing. Not all blood will be banned, but plainly sadistic movies and such are banned, and unnecessary gore is banned. And games WILL be singled out a bit more harshly, because that's where bloodshed is least necessary, and that's what has a particularly large affect on children as opposed to adults.

None.

May 2 2010, 4:19 am lil-Inferno Post #34

Just here for the pie

Quote from Centreri
Oh, of course. I was just singling out one example. The one thing I want to preserve is some level of bloodshed, so war movies and such are allowed; just no Saw, or blood-oriented games or comic books. Same thing. Not all blood will be banned, but plainly sadistic movies and such are banned, and unnecessary gore is banned. And games WILL be singled out a bit more harshly, because that's where bloodshed is least necessary, and that's what has a particularly large affect on children as opposed to adults.
Then parents should take up some responsibility and ban such games and movies from their children unless they're of age to see them. Today game/movie ratings are hardly enforced but that's okay. No game out there is so brutal/sadistic/bloody that it could change someone's life and cause them to go on massive killing sprees (unless they're some fucked up person).

May 2 2010, 6:27 am DavidJCobb Post #35

[deleted]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2018, 3:58 am by DavidJCobb. Reason: not nuanced enough

None.

Options
  Back to forum