34%
Saturday after 4pm PST 8

54%
Saturday after 7pm PST 1

7%
Others (please specify) 1

7%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 15 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 21 2010, 8:10 pm Jack Post #21

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Alternatively, give the username Mapnight access to SEN, then Mapnight can have ops during mapnight. But as you say, staff SHOULD be around.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 21 2010, 8:12 pm UnholyUrine Post #22

@Ex. That still doesn't solve #2 of the problem.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 8:15 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

I'd be willing to combine with Jack's solution, simply have you and your hosters have access to the MapNight bot, and have it op'd in Op SEN during map nights. If necessary.

Unholy, simply taking initiative to do something does not make one automatically qualified. Again, if this is a SEN event, and not an Unholy event, and it is either one or the other, then the people SEN deems responsible should be the ones able to regulate the event. I appreciate what you're doing, but if SEN's name is going to be on it, then it has to be done right, I hope you understand that.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 21 2010, 8:38 pm UnholyUrine Post #24

That's not the point of the problem Ex.

The Last Map Night failed because, again, you guys were trying to put all the responsibilities on yourselves. It was pretty clear that you couldn't handle everything, and ultimately, the Map Night failed because of this.

It's true I don't necessarily need any channel control. But from the way I see it, this is the best way to revive Map Night.
What is different is that this will be Community based. It's still the SEN event.. but it shouldn't be Just SEN.
I see no point in conserving Map Night to limited to SEN Only. The way this is going to work is that, once any hosters cannot commit to this anymore, even if it is Me, The Hosters will be passed on to the next people who are willing and committed. There's no way anyone can stay committed to this forever, and I've already percieved that. This is why letting me have at least some control over this is so important. I need to be able to shuffle people around!

Furthermore, taking control away from me means that I have less freedom to experiment with Map Night. The whole thing right now rests on nostalgia, and that can only last for so long. I have been trying to think of new things that'd give incentive to come to map night if the crowd party itself isn't enough to hold it (tho I hope it would).

I also see no point that SEN mods should be the only ones who can get control over events that others want to host. Moroever, I don't see how this is the "Unholy event" (lols). Furthermore, I really don't understand how you are deemed responsible, and therefore the sole proprietor of every event, other than the fact that you're a mod.

But anyways. If MapNight does get op'd, then it is fine. It'd work out as long as MapNight does get Op'd in the correct time every time, which again requires some commitment from you.

So.. As long as the bot "MapNight" gets Op'd in Op Sen.. we will be having the Map Night at Op Sen. Hosters will still get control over this bot, and follow the rules I've posted in the front page..
but since this is also Op Sen...
I need to know specifically what other rules apply.
I also still need someone to help me with the bot set up... :stfu: but I'll work on this later.

So far, it looks like the map night will be on fridays. please continue voting!

None.

Apr 21 2010, 8:44 pm Excalibur Post #25

The sword and the faith

The Last Map Night failed because, again, you guys were trying to put all the responsibilities on yourselves. It was pretty clear that you couldn't handle everything, and ultimately, the Map Night failed because of this.
The last map night failed because people stopped coming. This happens though, SC has its on and off times, we've all observed it over the past 10+ years.

I need to be able to shuffle people around!
While being able to shuffle the people around is a great idea, I'd prefer we had someone on-staff to handle it. I already said I'd be willing to help out. I doubt the need to shuffle would be so great that me missing one week would upset the whole thing either. I think I'm going to have just as much time as you do, if not more, to dedicate to this. I am confident I can handle the extremely minor responsibility of opping MapNight on the appropriate night, and keeping an eye on access/conduct. Bot logs make this a lot easier and prevent disputes as well, which is another reason Op SEN is a good choice since SEN's logs can be made available at any time.

All usual Op SEN rules apply on language, conduct, and things like that. I'm sure you've been here long enough to know whats expected. If need be, I can talk to the other staff and get a list of Op SEN regulations written if you really need us to.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Apr 21 2010, 8:48 pm UnholyUrine Post #26

Okay.

BTW.. what does the Map Night part of the SEN Website do?
Can we somehow use it again? :\

What I'd like to see there is a Map List that directs ppl to maps...
and maybe input some kind of incentive giving thing there ..
like "the most Dedicated Map Night person" or some kinda prize of some sort...
... this is obviously out of my control tho... >< .. even if u gave me the code, I wouldn't know how to change it.

I'd also like to have it so that misconducts are handled with verbal warnings first, then kicking, then suspension, then permanent ban.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 9:03 pm Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

I don't want to commit to this (Between life, WoW and SCII, I may stop completely), but I'll be an active participant. I can usually host at 7-9PM Friday, maybe a little earlier or later. I'd really prefer to mostly host Phantom and maybe Uberena, though, because those are the games I particularly enjoy. Especially Phantom.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 9:05 pm Excalibur Post #28

The sword and the faith

You can talk to Devourer about the MapNight notification thingy and all the things it could possibly do. With the recent DLDB 2.0 updates, I'm sure there's something that can be done.

As for disciplinary actions, that's usually left up to staff, but I'll try and see if we can give people some warning before we smack them around. :notangel:

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Apr 21 2010, 10:06 pm LoveLess Post #29

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Please don't make it Friday, make it Saturday guys. :(

None.

Apr 22 2010, 1:44 am rayNimagi Post #30

How come no diplo maps have been suggested? I'd like to play something like World Diplomacy 1939, The Industrial World, or Imperialism 3.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Apr 22 2010, 2:40 am UnholyUrine Post #31

Cause the List was put together quickly and I'm still waiting for more votes on the map night time. Tho it will most likely be friday (Sorry Loveless :()

I also haven't figured out who'd be the Hosters yet.

EDIT: When things are settled, feel free to suggest more maps.. you can also always host yourself during the map night :D

None.

Apr 22 2010, 2:41 am StarcraftPro Post #32

I can host ;D
Like i can host fri - sun, but not 100% sure about sunday.
I cant host on school hours :D
GAMES I WANT ARE LIKE : TemplsiegeX Naruto (mots unlimited stuff for fun)

None.

Apr 22 2010, 3:41 am Killer2121 Post #33

hmm can you play this map for map night?

Attachments:
HoI3 - TGS v1.56F.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 547.1kb

None.

Apr 22 2010, 4:27 am Changeling Post #34

UU will never accept x.

None.

Apr 22 2010, 5:07 am UnholyUrine Post #35

Playing Temple Siege X is like driving a stake through my heart. </3

what map is that, killer?

None.

Apr 22 2010, 9:27 am Jack Post #36

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

With the release of the SC2 editor, I'm pulling out of this and SC1 mapping. Sorry.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 22 2010, 12:28 pm Dungeon-Master Post #37

I'd be hosting, but I can't be sure of anything, between foot, school, my Xbox community, this damn D&D map and this, I won't have much time for anything.
If I can squeeze the map night in, I will definately do it tho. Only problem may be the fact i'm canadian, lat messes up a lot when I play StarCraft.

None.

Apr 22 2010, 12:34 pm NudeRaider Post #38

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from UnholyUrine
Cause the List was put together quickly and I'm still waiting for more votes on the map night time. Tho it will most likely be friday (Sorry Loveless :()
So mapnight is not for Europeans? Too bad.

Apr 22 2010, 1:13 pm Killer2121 Post #39

Quote from UnholyUrine
Playing Temple Siege X is like driving a stake through my heart. </3

what map is that, killer?

It is a world war 2 map that's based off of the game Hearts of Iron 3, Its somewhat easy to learn to play

None.

Apr 22 2010, 5:35 pm UnholyUrine Post #40

Quote from NudeRaider
So mapnight is not for Europeans? Too bad.

Well, maybe some europeans like staying up late.... really late.. XD
It's better to have a more crunched time anyway. having it at 4-8 a really wide window... tho no one's stopping people from going on and hosting themselves :P

I had a brainstorm, and I thought of something that may give incentive to play in map night...

What if we have a First-come, first-serve Tournament, where the first people to be able to join the game will Compete.
The map to compete in will be randomly chosen the week before the map night.
I can maybe ask Devourer to input something in the Map Night on the SEN Website to give the winners some acknowledgements.

It's really a spontaneous competition, but the importance is to get people coming to the map night =).
What'd you guys think?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 410 >
  Back to forum