Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Any Longboarders on SEN?
Any Longboarders on SEN?
Mar 17 2010, 10:38 pm
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 19 2010, 6:44 pm samsizzle Post #21

No this is a breakthrough, I'm actually really freakin happy ex is longboarding of all things.

None.

Mar 19 2010, 6:48 pm Jack Post #22

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from samsizzle
No this is a breakthrough, I'm actually really freakin happy ex is longboarding of all things.
QFT

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 19 2010, 11:29 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

I had an amazing time today, in a span of two days I have gotten much better than I thought possible. I'm pumping and carving pretty well, I just have to get used to carving at higher speeds on steeper hills. My Derringer is a trooper and in the best way I can describe, so much headroom while being able to accommodate me at my current skill level. This board and I have a long road ahead of us, filled with lots of shred. :)

On the subject of me actually getting out: Its taken me this long to find something even more than remotely interesting than my computer. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 20 2010, 6:50 am samsizzle Post #24

Quote from Excalibur
On the subject of me actually getting out: Its taken me this long to find something even more than remotely interesting than my computer. :P
Wow i'm so happy it was longboarding

None.

Mar 24 2010, 12:30 pm Ultraviolet Post #25

I must say, I am surprised. Ex, how tall are you, and how much do you weigh? I ask because I would imagine your size would affect how big of a board you'd want to get, and yours is a smaller one, right?

Mar 24 2010, 8:23 pm samsizzle Post #26

I'm pretty small, 120lbs 5'8 and my board is quite big, almost 4 feet long.

None.

Mar 25 2010, 12:43 am Excalibur Post #27

The sword and the faith

5'3 and 110lbs. I'm pretty small, but even my taller friends love my Derringer. I wanted a Custom 35 but didn't have the money.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 26 2010, 3:44 am Falkoner Post #28

Skateboards are to Longboards as iPod Touches are to iPads. Making it bigger does not necessarily make it better. I used to have respect for longboarding, because I knew a guy who would ride down huge steep slopes on his stomach behind a car, and he actually filmed it, going at around 30-40 MPH on his longboard down the hill: crazy, but epic. Then I found out that most people use them like skateboards minus the tricks that the vast majority of skateboarders spend years trying to learn and still fail, and longboards lost the good connotation I had for them :(

Moral of the story: Longboards are cooler than skateboards, admittedly, but that's not saying much.

None.

Mar 26 2010, 4:32 am Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

Well Falk, its a good thing I'm not only not looking to be cool, but since I enjoy riding more than tricks, I definitely picked the right one. :)

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 26 2010, 4:33 am Riney Post #30

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Falkoner
Moral of the story: Longboards are cooler because Ex is using one instead of skateboards, admittedly, but that's not saying much.

Fixed

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 26 2010, 6:13 am samsizzle Post #31

Falk have you seen the intense stuff longboarders do? I actually have more respect for longboarders because they do this stuff at high speeds instead of freakin 10km

None.

Mar 27 2010, 3:44 am Falkoner Post #32

Falk have you seen the intense stuff longboarders do? I actually have more respect for longboarders because they do this stuff at high speeds instead of freakin 10km

Quote from Falkoner
I knew a guy who would ride down huge steep slopes on his stomach behind a car, and he actually filmed it, going at around 30-40 MPH on his longboard down the hill: crazy, but epic

Quote from Excalibur
Well Falk, its a good thing I'm not only not looking to be cool, but since I enjoy riding more than tricks, I definitely picked the right one. :)

I didn't say they make you look cooler, I said that they are cooler ;)

None.

Apr 6 2010, 7:09 pm Excalibur Post #33

The sword and the faith

Its been great weather, spent all yesterday boarding and will be doing the same all tomorrow. Might go drop in and visit Original HQ again depending on where we decide to skate. I've been improving and I'm trying to see what board I want next but they all look so good.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Apr 6 2010, 7:38 pm samsizzle Post #34

I really want this board with some orangatangs. Although people say they break real easy.

None.

Apr 6 2010, 7:57 pm poison_us Post #35

Back* from the grave

From about 1:15 to 1:30 that guy looks so relaxed. I'm actually sorta jealous now.

Apr 6 2010, 8:17 pm Excalibur Post #36

The sword and the faith

Pfft. Original or go home. :P

They really look and preform like Apex 37s.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Apr 7 2010, 5:50 pm Excalibur Post #37

The sword and the faith

Due to my inability to choose which Original board I want next, I went into paint and said 'So what would be ideal' and came up with what I envision as sort of an Apex 34 / Hybrid 35 mix. I call it the Corker 32.

The pinched middle takes out some weight, and the just slightly longer nose and tail than the Apex 34, like a thinner version of the Hybrid's kicktail, would really add some possibilities. All in all that'd be my ideal board at this point, but I'll probably end up with either an Apex 34 or a Custom 35.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Apr 10 2010, 5:14 am TiKels Post #38

Longcatboard is to Ex as Guitar is to TiKels.
We both shred, but in our own way :awesome:.

Glad you found a hobby.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 14 2010, 9:13 am MasterJohnny Post #39

Lets say I have no idea what I am doing and I have no experience with this kind of stuff.
But I cant afford anything on that site. What is a good alternative longboard?
(Because I think this is a good way for me to travel locally)

I am a Mathematician

May 14 2010, 11:36 am phlemhacker Post #40

I'm with ashamed, longboards are nowhere near as adept at freebords for snoboardlikeness but they are definitely much better for general transportation. Occasionally I think about getting one, then I either see one of my friends covered and a full body scab or I get on one and almost kill myself. I don't have the resolve to bother to get good at something like that. A bike works fine for me.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum