Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Any Longboarders on SEN?
Any Longboarders on SEN?
Mar 17 2010, 10:38 pm
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 2 3

May 14 2010, 6:00 pm Atlos Post #41

My roommate is really into this, he tried to get me to longboard but I thought it was boring. He just bought the new tantien or w/e board.

None.

May 16 2010, 1:03 am samsizzle Post #42

oh my god I want that board so bad, the one from loaded right? That board is freakin intense.

None.

May 16 2010, 5:56 am Atlos Post #43

Yea that's the one. I used my friends Derbish (Dervish?) a while back and I'm not really sure what the differences are. The Tantien seemed to turn slightly sharper, but can't you just adjust all that stuff? I'm pretty longboarding ignorant. -_-

None.

May 16 2010, 6:01 am Excalibur Post #44

The sword and the faith

The Dervish is just like the Apex, and IMO, is not of as high quality. The Apex also has a prototype currently being tested made entirely of fiberglass. I got to try one down at Original HQ. Thing was sick.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 16 2010, 6:52 pm samsizzle Post #45

skated over 70km yesterday to a town nearby. Took us 3 hours to get there.

None.

May 17 2010, 4:10 am Excalibur Post #46

The sword and the faith

Oh nice you guys have those camel pack things. I want one, and I wanna fill it with Snapple. :3

Edit: Sam, mind listing what boards everyone's riding in those pics? I don't recognize some of em.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 17 2010, 7:01 am by Excalibur.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 18 2010, 1:02 am samsizzle Post #47

Well, the asian guy is riding a loaded vangaurd, My friend with the crazy dark hair is riding a Loaded dervish, And I'm riding a really really old landyachtz pintail board. You might not have heard of landyachtz because they're based in vancouver in canada.

None.

May 18 2010, 2:36 am Excalibur Post #48

The sword and the faith

No I heard of them. None of you boys skate Original, I'm disappointed. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 18 2010, 8:10 am samsizzle Post #49

I actually haven't seen any original boards around where I live at all, they haven't gotten popular around here yet I guess.

None.

May 18 2010, 12:28 pm Excalibur Post #50

The sword and the faith

Original ships anywhere. The shipping just gets a little steep depending on how many borders it has to cross.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 26 2010, 10:59 pm Excalibur Post #51

The sword and the faith

Well, reviving this topic with some new news.

I've continued to improve and just like when I built my first computer, there are things you just can't know before buying and trying. My Derringer has served me well but this week or next week I'll be picking up a Hybrid 35 down at the Original HQ. Currently the configuration is looking like S8 trucks, Orangs 4President 70mm 80a Oranges, and Bones Super Reds bearings. I was between the Hybrid and Custom 35, and with both of them at the same length but the Custom 35 at a bit higher price (My customized Hybrid costs less than a stock Custom 35.), it came down to shape and flex. The Hybrid should do what I need it to do, and I really don't see the need to spend the extra cash on the Custom.

So I'll be picking that up soon and I'll be reporting back on how it performs. I've gotten a lot of good reports on the wheels, and I'm hoping that the Hybrid doesn't require the risers I always see it with in Original's pics.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 27 2010, 4:52 am samsizzle Post #52

I'd say most O-tangs are terrific and basically already broken in from the factory. I had some and they slid fantastically right out of the store. Have you heard of Landyachtz boards?

None.

Jun 27 2010, 10:45 am Excalibur Post #53

The sword and the faith

I already told you in a previous post that I have indeed. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum