Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pride
Pride
Mar 10 2010, 5:26 am
By: Centreri
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 10 2010, 7:59 pm phlemhacker Post #21

Quote from Norm
Quote from CecilSunkure
Not if Sweden is having heavy taxes imposed upon them. Plus, we can just kill anyone in the U.S. that is crazy enough to disagree with this trend (which is inevitable, I mean, we Americans really are superior).

Superior in military power only.

Just ignore the fact that the average American is a complete moron.
Just ignore the fact that America's culture is non-existent when compared to just about any European country.
Just ignore the fact that our females are on average less attractive and fatter than their European counterparts.
Just ignore the fact that noobs like Cecil live here and ruin what little goodness is left in this country.

In addition: All good food that America has was jacked from a different country. Chinese food? Tacos? Pizza? French Toast? None of it is ours.

I have found that Amercans are smarter than people give them credit for. They certainly like to act stupid sometimes though.
No culture? We have more culture than anyone because we have everyone's.
The female thing definitely depends where you are. Australia was about the same as here in Colorado, but I imagine places like Mississippi to be a bit different.
They couldn't make Pizza without the American tomato:P. All of the food is Americanized,the tacos you get here are not the same tacos you get in Mexico.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 8:01 pm CaptainWill Post #22

Quote from Fire_Kame
Well it isn't....

I think that was his point.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 8:06 pm Fire_Kame Post #23

wth is starcraft

Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from Fire_Kame
Well it isn't....

I think that was his point.

<.<

Mar 10 2010, 9:21 pm poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

Quote from Norm
Quote from CecilSunkure
Not if Sweden is having heavy taxes imposed upon them. Plus, we can just kill anyone in the U.S. that is crazy enough to disagree with this trend (which is inevitable, I mean, we Americans really are superior).

Just ignore the fact that America's culture is non-existent when compared to just about any European country.
Just ignore the fact that our females are on average less attractive and fatter than their European counterparts.
Just ignore the fact that noobs like Cecil live here and ruin what little goodness is left in this country.

In addition: All good food that America has was jacked from a different country. Chinese food? Tacos? Pizza? French Toast? None of it is ours.
Obvious troll is more obvious than Kame.

The average IQ in America is 99.87. Sweden has an average of 102.06. That's not too great of a difference.
Native American culture was once great, until European descendants destroyed it.
I have no argument there, except this (especially the last paragraph). In addition, there is a limit to too skinny.
Alright, this time I really have no argument. The number of relatively sucky players increases as the number of total players increases.
Chinese food: Well duh. Tacos: Ditto. French toast: "French toast is not necessarily French in origin; it is likely that the recipe dates back to medieval times and may have been a logical “invention” by different peoples, akin to battering and frying any food". Further down, it mentions that it used to be called German toast, but was changed during WWI. So French toast isn't necessarily French?
I'm no historian, but I'm guessing that the majority of foods were already made before America was a country. However, I'm pretty sure some foods have been "invented" here, such as Buffalo, corn, several types of alcoholic beverages, clambake, johnny cakes, clam chowder, and I could go on but you get the picture.

In response to the question: I find a certain amount of pride is reasonable. For example, someone like Farty has a very reasonable amount of pride, considering the merit of his programs and guidance. However, someone like Devilisk has hubris (AKA excessive pride). Like everything in life, always in moderation.

Mar 10 2010, 9:40 pm Centreri Post #25

Relatively ancient and inactive

I must say, the amount of troll here is amazing. Cecil, CAFG, please don't do it again. Anyway....

Quote from Norm

Thankfully, the US's military superiority isn't great enough to control everything.
Not sure what to make of all Americans being morons. Makes me want to say, 'The average anyone is a complete moron', but that could just by my possibly-unjustified arrogance talking.
Culture isn't a reason for a country to be superior. America's culture may not be traditionally cultural, but a lot of people speak English, watch American movies, etc. America exports more 'culture' than it imports.
I don't know about Europe in general, having not been to all of it... but Petersburg > Stockholm > New York > Helsinki in terms of female attractiveness. Maybe it's a striking coincidence, but very few people in Finland I saw were not fat, actually.
Yes, noobs like Cecil are a tragedy.

Quote from CaptainWill
Have you been to London? I have been to both New York and London, and noticed about the same ratio of attractive to non-attractive people. Same goes for any massive city. I'd argue that attractiveness is a function more of 'class' than 'race'.
Again, I don't know about London, but coming to St. Petersburg after NYC was quite a striking contrast. I'm sure the racial bit plays a large role, but I think it was a bit more than that... :P

Otherwise... wow, no one commented on state, gay, etc pride. I am disappoint, SEN.

None.

Mar 10 2010, 10:31 pm phlemhacker Post #26

I did. o_0

None.

Mar 10 2010, 10:38 pm Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

Forgot about you; I'd read your post yesterday. You're good. :P

None.

Mar 10 2010, 10:49 pm Fire_Kame Post #28

wth is starcraft

gays suck colorado rules lololol?

Mar 11 2010, 12:41 am Norm Post #29

Quote from Centreri
gay, pride.

LoL

None.

Mar 11 2010, 2:56 am Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

Otherwise, I am very proud of Colorado. I am proud of how clean Denver is, and I am proud of our low obesity rate (compared to other states). I guess I hold resentment to Californians who move here and don't know how to drive in snow so are major dbags on the road. You know, the ones who slip because they can't fathom how to drive in snow in a backwheel drive car...

Mar 11 2010, 3:14 am Corbo Post #31

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from poison_us
Native American culture was once great, until European descendants destroyed it.
We were conquered too, before you, and got our freedom after you, and we still have a culture. Don't say cause we're third world cause pretty much all latin america actually has a culture. Canada does too, a bit.

America's culture may not be traditionally cultural, but a lot of people speak English,
And whose language is that? :hurr:
But I agree with a point mentioned, somewhat, The united states' culture is just different or like someone said, "the lack of culture is a culture". Your culture is just not based on fun folkore traditions, colourful dresses and stuff like that, it was, though. But culture has to do with music, painting, cinema, basically all arts.

Pride? Hell yes.
I think anyone who isn't proud of their roots, should be ashamed of itself. I'm very proud of my country, even when it is what it is.
Personally? Hell yes. You all know me :P

fuck you all

Mar 11 2010, 3:21 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #32

👻 👾 👽 💪

I like to see someone who feels good or comfortable with who they are, who they are with, what they do, or whatever... as long as they aren't obnoxiously flaunting it around or trying to prove some sort of superiority with it. It's ok to be proud of something and display it, I guess, just don't use it to alienate people. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 11 2010, 3:34 am Vi3t-X Post #33

Quote from CecilSunkure
Oh, you forgot to mention how superior we are in pertaining to our Americanness. Maybe it's noobs like all you people and your "morality" that is limiting us from taking over the world, economically or militarily.

You should all be proud to be superior. If you aren't superior, you can join the U.S. and help us tax the rest of the world.

The United States was founded on the principal of moving away from the imperialistic Britain. You're just being ironic. :P

Also: Pride is good. So long as promotes productivity.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 3:37 am phlemhacker Post #34

Quote from Fire_Kame
Otherwise, I am very proud of Colorado. I am proud of how clean Denver is, and I am proud of our low obesity rate (compared to other states). I guess I hold resentment to Californians who move here and don't know how to drive in snow so are major dbags on the road. You know, the ones who slip because they can't fathom how to drive in snow in a backwheel drive car...
I forgot about Colorado, about the only thing I don't have pride for in Colorado is Boulder. 25 square miles surrounded by reality. The sad thing is I spend quite a bit of time down there when I'm home. All my friends are liberals. :/

None.

Mar 11 2010, 6:46 am Fire_Kame Post #35

wth is starcraft

Quote from phlemhacker
Quote from Fire_Kame
I forgot about Colorado, about the only thing I don't have pride for in Colorado is Boulder. 25 square miles surrounded by reality. The sad thing is I spend quite a bit of time down there when I'm home. All my friends are liberals. :/

Its called the college bubble, and no matter what campus you live on - that is, besides commuter colleges/universities - it will exist.

Mar 11 2010, 6:57 am phlemhacker Post #36

To some extent maybe, but only in Boulder can you find a stereotypical hippie drum circle on the street corner and get asked by a random stranger if you have any pot. Both within half an hour. Do you know how many people gathered on campus last year for 4/20? Eight.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 7:56 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #37

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from phlemhacker
To some extent maybe, but only in Boulder can you find a stereotypical hippie drum circle on the street corner and get asked by a random stranger if you have any pot. Both within half an hour. Do you know how many people gathered on campus last year for 4/20? Eight.
I live in Utah and that happens here, too. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 11 2010, 4:17 pm Fire_Kame Post #38

wth is starcraft

Quote from phlemhacker

Okay...its much more profound in Boulder...which is why I didn't transfer to the Boulder campus, I transferred to the Denver campus.

And I know for a fact that more people celebrated 420 than just eight people...

Mar 11 2010, 4:18 pm CaptainWill Post #39

Though I would not go so far to say that I am 'proud' of my country (which is going through something of an identity crisis), I am proud of its past achievements.

To go from being an unimportant and tiny island on the periphery of Europe to direct control over a quarter of the Earth's land area between 1700 and 1900, even with the loss of the American colonies, was quite an achievement (the negative impact of imperialism notwithstanding). Up until the Second World War we had the largest navy in the world also. We exported the English language to a large area of the world; invented numerous things; spread ideas of Western governance and produced (and continue to produce) acclaimed literature, music and comedy.

Unfortunately nobody gives a damn any more; our national symbols have been appropriated by racists; we have an economy too sensitive to the vagaries of the world market; Scotland and Wales are trying to leave the Union, and we are pensioners of either the US or the EU. We're pretty buggered and I find very little to take pride in.

None.

Mar 11 2010, 6:18 pm phlemhacker Post #40

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from phlemhacker

Okay...its much more profound in Boulder...which is why I didn't transfer to the Boulder campus, I transferred to the Denver campus.

And I know for a fact that more people celebrated 420 than just eight people...

That's how many people decided to celebrate on campus. Everyone else just stayed home.

Quote from CaptainWill
Though I would not go so far to say that I am 'proud' of my country (which is going through something of an identity crisis), I am proud of its past achievements.

To go from being an unimportant and tiny island on the periphery of Europe to direct control over a quarter of the Earth's land area between 1700 and 1900, even with the loss of the American colonies, was quite an achievement (the negative impact of imperialism notwithstanding). Up until the Second World War we had the largest navy in the world also. We exported the English language to a large area of the world; invented numerous things; spread ideas of Western governance and produced (and continue to produce) acclaimed literature, music and comedy.

Unfortunately nobody gives a damn any more; our national symbols have been appropriated by racists; we have an economy too sensitive to the vagaries of the world market; Scotland and Wales are trying to leave the Union, and we are pensioners of either the US or the EU. We're pretty buggered and I find very little to take pride in.

At least we have five times as many aircraft carriers as the next highest country. We have eleven with the next highest amount being a whopping two. And we have more on the way. You can take pride in your navy once again. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2010, 6:23 pm by phlemhacker.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum