Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: [Over] BETA KEY MAPPING CONTEST
[Over] BETA KEY MAPPING CONTEST
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 9 2010, 9:09 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Mar 16 2010, 9:51 pm Roadkill92 Post #41

Burn baby, burn! But, as I am without a doubt the worst mapper in the galaxy, I can forsee getting smoked on the forums once people get a look at my work. But, hey ,might as well, eh? My only question is this: is there any way to change graphics and unit names/properties, and have them stick with the map? I don't want to have to try to export my whole damn .mpq to this site!

None.

Mar 16 2010, 9:52 pm Devourer Post #42

Hello

I'm sgining out as I'm too busy with life and school.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 17 2010, 12:36 am InsolubleFluff Post #43

Due to current mental sickness, I will not be posting on SEN anymore for a while.
I shall still view the site briefly every day, but it doesn't seem like that's worth it any more either.

The contest is still on, but I won't be around to post the beta-key. Sorry for the inconvenience.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:47 am Aristocrat Post #44

Quote from Roadkill92
Burn baby, burn! But, as I am without a doubt the worst mapper in the galaxy, I can forsee getting smoked on the forums once people get a look at my work. But, hey ,might as well, eh? My only question is this: is there any way to change graphics and unit names/properties, and have them stick with the map? I don't want to have to try to export my whole damn .mpq to this site!

Unit names and properties (as in armor, attack damage, hp/shields) will stick with the map if changed via Unit Settings. Graphics, unit weapon/spells/etc. do not.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:53 am FlashBeer Post #45

Well, in that case, I'll just take my time on the non-beta key contest- and submit my extra-ly fine tuned map past the deadline.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 4:01 am fat_flying_pigs Post #46

Quote from name:Shocko
Due to current mental sickness, I will not be posting on SEN anymore for a while.
I shall still view the site briefly every day, but it doesn't seem like that's worth it any more either.

The contest is still on, but I won't be around to post the beta-key. Sorry for the inconvenience.
couldn't you give the key to one of the judges...? I kinda really wanted that key...

None.

Mar 17 2010, 5:40 am LoTu)S Post #47

MORALE -1

I guess ppl can still submit maps for fun and recognition. Beta aint lasting long anyways.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 8:37 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #48

WOW. Just finished my map, logged on to submit it, and saw this. Goodbye seven hours of my life.
Well, here it is. Escape from hell RPG.

Attachments:
Escape Hell.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 61.38kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2010, 11:41 pm by Leeroy_Jenkins.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 9:04 am FlashBeer Post #49

In your map, it keeps spamming unplaced errors.

Also, if you don't hotkey your unit, you lose it in the first two steps.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 4:28 pm mapping4joy Post #50

Nooooo! Mental sickness sounds pretty bad :( .

None.

Mar 17 2010, 9:10 pm Newb Post #51

Sounds like he would have never posted it to begin with, or just changed it mind for some other reason. So sick he can still use a computer but can't type... At least be honest.

Good-bye to my life I wasted making the map.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 10:44 pm TiKels Post #52

Oh man that sucks. I'd send a cheesy "Get Well Soon" card but this is the interwebz.

Still gonna post my (soon to be) map.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 18 2010, 9:04 am Kenoli Post #53

Yay for contradictions.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 10:53 am EvilDrone Post #54

And to think this contest got me back from years of no map-making... Too bad, hopefully this drop of motivation won't stop me from finishing, I really like what I have so far.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 3:30 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #55

Just here for the activity... well not really

I'd like to donate my second beta key to this contest, if it brings any activity.
Actually, Shocko should just give his second key.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2010, 4:09 pm by l)ark_ssj9kevin.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 18 2010, 6:23 pm DevliN Post #56

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, I just got a second key as well but I wont be donating it to this. Since Shocko wont be posting, this should probably just be closed and ended.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 18 2010, 6:25 pm Vrael Post #57

Shocko is experiencing technical difficulties unfortunately.

In the interest of mapmaking, I will still be running this contest, though the only prize I can offer is the fame and glory of having been declared winner. Maybe we'll get lucky and shocko will still donate though.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 11:39 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #58

Quote from Vrael
Shocko is experiencing technical difficulties unfortunately.

In the interest of mapmaking, I will still be running this contest, though the only prize I can offer is the fame and glory of having been declared winner. Maybe we'll get lucky and shocko will still donate though.

He's too sick to type it up though, remember?

Quote from FlashBeer
In your map, it keeps spamming unplaced errors.

Also, if you don't hotkey your unit, you lose it in the first two steps.

FIXED!!

Attachments:
Escape Hell.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 61.38kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2010, 2:34 am by Leeroy_Jenkins.

None.

Mar 18 2010, 11:39 pm poison_us Post #59

Back* from the grave

I'm going to attempt something, but I doubt I have the time.

Mar 19 2010, 5:35 am Pieh Post #60

Expect an upload of "Pokemon: The Quest for Moltres" to hit the DLDB soon. That will be my contribution to the contest. I honestly never really cared about the beta key, I started work on a map for this contest because "Fire" is an inspiring theme. I look forward to checking out the other entries too.

To Shocko: Hit me up in a PM if you ever need to talk about mental problems. I know you don't know me, like, at all, but I have a lot of experience on the subject and am always willing to discuss such matters. I wish you the best.

EDIT: Here is a link to the first Final version Pokemon: The Quest for Moltres
Everything should be working fine, let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 19 2010, 5:45 pm by Pieh.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum