Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: [Over] BETA KEY MAPPING CONTEST
[Over] BETA KEY MAPPING CONTEST
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 9 2010, 9:09 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Mar 20 2010, 10:50 pm Shocko. Post #61

Heres my submission!! I wasted alot of time making this hmmmmm!

Attachments:
AlienRPG.scx
Hits: 10 Size: 34.8kb

None.

Mar 20 2010, 10:55 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #62

Quote from Shocko.
Heres my submission!! I wasted alot of time making this hmmmmm!
Is your name a joke?

None.

Mar 20 2010, 11:09 pm Shocko. Post #63

Leeroy! Guess who MY N

None.

Mar 20 2010, 11:12 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #64

Haha. Watch out. People take screenshots around here...

None.

Mar 21 2010, 1:18 am Pinky Post #65

lol that mental sickness thing sounds like such a load of crap lol.

its pretty obvious he doesn't want to or doesn't actually have a SC2 beta key to give away...

None.

Mar 21 2010, 1:30 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #66

Yeah no kidding... :flamer:

None.

Mar 21 2010, 1:42 pm TiKels Post #67

Stop whining all of you and just enjoy mapping/SEN. Ok, there's no CDKey behind it, it's no different than any other map making contest...

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 21 2010, 4:17 pm Pinky Post #68

That's not we are 'whining' about. I'm not even in the contest.

I was just expressing my opinion that it was dodgy how Shocko took the key away for flimsy reasons. I mean if he had been truthful as to why he no longer wanted the key that wouldn't of been AS bad. But the way he made the weak lie instead just makes it a lot worse.

I mean he probably DOES have mental sickness, and I express empathy and wish him good luck with that. But to say that mental sickness is the reason he took the key away is dodgy as.

GL to the winner, I hope Vrael picks Leeroy, his map was quite unique!

None.

Mar 21 2010, 4:56 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #69

Enter me in the contest!! :D

None.

Mar 21 2010, 8:20 pm TiMMaYj Post #70

Here's my submission: Triune RPG

None.

Mar 21 2010, 8:39 pm Vrael Post #71

There are 27 hours and 20 minutes remaining until submission time.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 9:02 pm mapping4joy Post #72

Oh, I completely forgot about it :(. Just wondering, are only UMS maps allowed?

None.

Mar 21 2010, 9:20 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #73

Quote from TiKels
Stop whining all of you and just enjoy mapping/SEN. Ok, there's no CDKey behind it, it's no different than any other map making contest...

1. He let up my hopes

2. He wasted many hours of my life

It's not like I come on here during other map contests and complain about how there's no CD-Key extravaganza. The fact of the matter is that you can not just change your mind half-way through and decide not to give out a prize after all. It's the same concept as someone winning the lottery and the state getting mental sickness and forgetting what the winning numbers were (or whatever his excuse was). I'm aware that I'm probably not going to change anything by sitting here ranting, but it feels good to let off a little steam.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 9:49 pm LoTu)S Post #74

I believe his mental sickness, but i don't believe its enough for him not to upload info for a beta key. Then again he hasnt been online to reply to these criticisms. Ya its false hope, but still, i really dont think any1 would just dupe a community into a contest.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 9:58 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #75

He probably found out how much they're selling for on eBay.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 9:59 pm Vrael Post #76

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
same concept as someone winning the lottery and the state getting mental sickness and forgetting what the winning numbers were
Except Shocko was never under any legal obligation to give us anything. And, he gave you all notice that he'd no longer be around to give out the key, he didn't wait for the contest to end then say "lol no I'm keeping it." In other words, buzz off.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 10:28 pm TiMMaYj Post #77

Quote from TiMMaYj

Tested a little in multiplayer on bnet, there were quite a few bugs... hopefully i've squished them now.

None.

Mar 21 2010, 10:35 pm TiKels Post #78

Quote from Vrael
same concept as someone winning the lottery and the state getting mental sickness and forgetting what the winning numbers were
Except Shocko was never under any legal obligation to give us anything. And, he gave you all notice that he'd no longer be around to give out the key, he didn't wait for the contest to end then say "lol no I'm keeping it." In other words, buzz off.
Amen.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 21 2010, 11:28 pm ClansAreForGays Post #79

Quote from Shocko.
Leeroy! Guess who MY N
Candle Jack

Mar 21 2010, 11:46 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #80

Quote from Vrael

Thank you for pointing out that he is not under legal obligation, as that wasn't to be assumed. Whether or (obviously)not this compitetion is under legal constraints, it goes without saying - that was a douche move.

But I guess you're right. What he did was totally cool. He only said "lol no I'm keeping it." halfway through the contest. Which might as well have been the end of the contest for the people that finished their maps, but that doesn't matter! He should definitely NOT man up and stick to his decision of giving away his key.

I like his excuse, too. Whether or not he does have mental sickness, neither really have to do with him giving away a CD-Key. He could have given it to Vrael (and that's assuming he can't use a computer for some reason). The point is his excuse has everyone getting all sympathetic for him and not really caring that what he just did was totally gay.

Quote from TiMMaYj
Quote from TiMMaYj

Tested a little in multiplayer on bnet, there were quite a few bugs... hopefully i've squished them now.
I ran into a bug where it wouldn't let me enter battle any more :(

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2010, 11:54 pm by Leeroy_Jenkins.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum