Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1148 >

Nov 19 2009, 6:12 pm 24million Post #161

hmm...i just played a game where i was south
norths spawn was messed up
they would have to be attacked by something to attack back, otherwise, they would just run past any enemies

None.

Nov 19 2009, 6:37 pm rockz Post #162

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Faz, the initial fight is the one where you don't have any spells except level 1.

You are snared in gol form, and thus slower than DM and can't micro at all. The DA has 250 life or so, and .5 seconds of invulnerability when summoned. You cast l1 when the DA is running away and DA can't make it out -> recast l1, continue beatdown on ensnared mech.

Obviously, it's hard to do, and mech has a distinct advantage in the battle due to range and 3/4th the damage of DM, as well as DM having a nearly useless level 1. However, there's almost no situation where I would pit a DM against a mech. Maybe with a volt and some other ridiculous unit like warrior/firebat.

For lategame, when you have multiple forms, don't forget that dm has lots of spells. l2 makes her extremely hard to hit, and if you always change forms after being snared, that's like a ministun right there, which is enough time to curse you. Another ensare and you can probably get off an l3 as well. However, these are all sort of pointless, as DM shouldn't be facing a mech alone lategame. If mech gets stunned somehow (asn at night, good firebat, unlucky scourge) and DM is around, l4 l3 l2 will practically guarantee that the mech is dead, even with transforms jumping him out of the trap, especially DM is top team.

I personally think pre m8 team of DM, med, mech is way rigged. DM with full life is absolutely dangerous, and mech having 3 fully healed forms is even moreso. Post M8 it's lost its potency, but it's still pretty crazy.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 19 2009, 7:36 pm Decency Post #163

I was responding to MEMEME's post about the 2v2 scenario he gave. 2v2's don't happen often early game, so I didn't think it was about that.

Early game DM has ONE ensnare, maybe two. Simply by running I'll have more than enough life to live through the DM's autoattacks, especially since if you're waiting until you get 3 attack upgrades, you're going to be waiting quite a while and that means I'll probably have 5 attack upgrades (only 24 kills) or have done a bunch of damage to you as you try to kill spawns.

We can try it out, just post whenever you're on and I'll get on too.

None.

Nov 19 2009, 10:22 pm Wing Zero Post #164

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Well i just played a ton of TS games on M8b with 24million and a couple of other people and by far the biggest issue i had with it was that unnatural delay for the Assassins L1. The assassin has a hard enough time getting away from anything due to him being one of the slowest characters in the game and not you want to top it off with a delay on the only thing that keeps him alive? I had an especially hard time against the lings L2. I cast L1 when i see the ling he casts L2 when hes on me, I die and then the L1 teleports me to the spot i already was in due to the lings L2 :flamer:

Nov 19 2009, 10:29 pm FlashBeer Post #165

Sin's L1 should work anywhere, regardless of what's near you. Also, stun is instant, you should have stunned his lings, or just tele earlier.

None.

Nov 20 2009, 12:36 am rockz Post #166

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

If you're up against a mutant with l2, and you're assassin, you have to pay extra care to everything, as mutant's l2 will kill you very fast if he gets it off right. Assassin isn't bad at all, and all you have to do is get used to the change. Now the assassin has to make a decision before the fight: Do I run or can I win, and if I can't win, how much time will I have to run away? It used to be: I'll fight until I have to run, since I can instantly run. Summoner sort of has this problem too, as you take a big risk by leaving your base with summ, and most games end up with summ and assassin having all 3 lives left, because they just can't die.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 20 2009, 12:38 am MEMEME670 Post #167

Quote from name:FaZ-
I was responding to MEMEME's post about the 2v2 scenario he gave. 2v2's don't happen often early game, so I didn't think it was about that.

Early game DM has ONE ensnare, maybe two. Simply by running I'll have more than enough life to live through the DM's autoattacks, especially since if you're waiting until you get 3 attack upgrades, you're going to be waiting quite a while and that means I'll probably have 5 attack upgrades (only 24 kills) or have done a bunch of damage to you as you try to kill spawns.

We can try it out, just post whenever you're on and I'll get on too.

The 2v2 scenario was placed at mid, with you guys running up, and the archer coming from behind (because being on mid is required to cap it XD)

None.

Nov 20 2009, 3:20 am Decency Post #168

Quote from rockz
If you're up against a mutant with l2, and you're assassin, you have to pay extra care to everything, as mutant's l2 will kill you very fast if he gets it off right. Assassin isn't bad at all, and all you have to do is get used to the change. Now the assassin has to make a decision before the fight: Do I run or can I win, and if I can't win, how much time will I have to run away? It used to be: I'll fight until I have to run, since I can instantly run. Summoner sort of has this problem too, as you take a big risk by leaving your base with summ, and most games end up with summ and assassin having all 3 lives left, because they just can't die.

I find it more fun to bait him into using L2, then use L2 myself and negate most of his damage, stun him, and then deal damage myself. Plus feed afterwards. =D

None.

Nov 20 2009, 4:10 am killer_sss Post #169

yea playing sin vs mutant it basically comes down to which one has more mana and plays the smartest. My favorite time to fight the sin with mutant is night :) when the shadow lurker thinks he has the edge.

None.

Nov 20 2009, 6:41 am killer_sss Post #170

Moose spawn glitch problems to report. Both times it was south team and they got down to 1 player. The spawn all huddled in base. I also noticed a civ for lane selection dissapeared if that helps you figure out what went hay wire. both replays attached as well. This is in current patch M8d

last replay should have it if it doesn't i'm sorry I haven't played a game since then so hopefully it does.

Also a side note. when changing spawn from the top team bottom lane to middle lane the spawn goes south exit and thru middle. This sorta defeats the purpose of rerouting spawn as all they need to do is move closer to our cannons to kill the spawn instead of needing to switch to a different lane. I don't have a replay of this on hand but i can get you one eventually.

Attachments:
spawn glitch.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 206.41kb
LastReplay.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 245.38kb

None.

Nov 20 2009, 7:47 am FlashBeer Post #171

Quote from killer_sss
yea playing sin vs mutant it basically comes down to which one has more mana and plays the smartest. My favorite time to fight the sin with mutant is night :) when the shadow lurker thinks he has the edge.

I'd say that mutant counters Sin easy, it's not even a fight. Due to his speed, Sin would/should never stun mutant when he doesn't want to engage in a fight. Mutant definitely has the advantage at night- with his speed, he can run in from outside the Sin's vision and usually make a kill. With the range of lurkers, mutant would always be out of range- Sin would have to escape every encounter. Only a fool would attempt using l2/l4 on a high exp sin. Not to mention, if sin keeps running, mutant can destroy a base much faster than Sin.

None.

Nov 20 2009, 6:44 pm hdogg86 Post #172

Quote from killer_sss
Moose spawn glitch problems to report. Both times it was south team and they got down to 1 player. The spawn all huddled in base. I also noticed a civ for lane selection dissapeared if that helps you figure out what went hay wire. both replays attached as well. This is in current patch M8d

last replay should have it if it doesn't i'm sorry I haven't played a game since then so hopefully it does.

Also a side note. when changing spawn from the top team bottom lane to middle lane the spawn goes south exit and thru middle. This sorta defeats the purpose of rerouting spawn as all they need to do is move closer to our cannons to kill the spawn instead of needing to switch to a different lane. I don't have a replay of this on hand but i can get you one eventually.

got the same bugs on an earlier post, but heres the replay file so you can compare and see if its same glitch

Attachments:
temp siege m8d buggy.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 191.04kb

None.

Nov 20 2009, 8:29 pm xYoshix Post #173

Moose, did you recieve the terrain I sent you? The attachment says 0 hits on it... :(

None.

Nov 20 2009, 9:21 pm Moose Post #174

We live in a society.

Terrain: Just got it.

Spawn bug: I've fixed the way spawn pathing Civilians are handled in the M8e on my computer.

Nov 21 2009, 12:40 am MEMEME670 Post #175

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Terrain: Just got it.

Spawn bug: I've fixed the way spawn pathing Civilians are handled in the M8e on my computer.

Release for tourney=required XD.

None.

Nov 21 2009, 12:42 am Moose Post #176

We live in a society.

FYI, the spawn pathing bug happens when a player owning two of the pathing control Civilians leaves the game... so if that person doesn't leave, it won't break.

Nov 21 2009, 7:07 am MEMEME670 Post #177

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
FYI, the spawn pathing bug happens when a player owning two of the pathing control Civilians leaves the game... so if that person doesn't leave, it won't break.

Makes sense, im surprised that works, but i dont know triggers as well as i may put on.

makes some sense now that i almost typed out what i thought, which would be off topic.

Currently mutant has little reason to go for l4 other then splash, this should be fixed. It shouldnt be required, but good.

None.

Nov 21 2009, 6:20 pm Norm Post #178

Yo moose, if you need a way to manage the spawn pathing civs with leavers/ eliminated players, then let me know. I have a system set up that is flawless. (And I can tell you it ><). Also, did you ever do your continuum capturing system yet? If you have issues with that, I have one of those set up flawlessly as well.

Just puttin it out there.

None.

Nov 21 2009, 6:42 pm Moose Post #179

We live in a society.

Quote from Norm
Yo moose, if you need a way to manage the spawn pathing civs with leavers/ eliminated players, then let me know. I have a system set up that is flawless. (And I can tell you it ><).
I already fixed it... by adding one trigger action. (Well, and modifying others.)

Quote from Norm
Also, did you ever do your continuum capturing system yet? If you have issues with that, I have one of those set up flawlessly as well.
I don't anticipate it being that difficult to add. We'll see.

Thanks for the offers though.

For anyone wondering about Yoshi's update to the terrain, http://www.staredit.net/moose/ts_terrain_M8v2.gif

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2009, 6:51 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 21 2009, 6:57 pm Jack Post #180

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

The bottom area looks to square. The bridges are fine but the islands themselves are also square, although that may be intentional.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1148 >
  Back to forum