Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1248 >

Nov 22 2009, 2:41 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #181

Just here for the activity... well not really

Make Assault's corsair pre-placed and make it movable so we can hotkey and micro easier?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 22 2009, 3:36 pm killer_sss Post #182

Hmmm that sounds pretty good especially since its no longer draining mana. It would make it a hell of alot more useful.

Terrain looks pretty nice although i do wana look at it more once next version is out.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:59 am Moose Post #183

We live in a society.

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Make Assault's corsair pre-placed and make it movable so we can hotkey and micro easier?
Movable? Since when were you unable to move the Corsair?

Anyway, I realized I messed up on the Warp Gate replacement triggers and it was causing lots of unplacable gates. I made some fixes there.

I also added in messages for outpost capture progress at 25%, 50%, and 75%.

Nov 23 2009, 1:16 am MEMEME670 Post #184

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

Anyway, I realized I messed up on the Warp Gate replacement triggers and it was causing lots of unplacable gates. I made some fixes there.

I also added in messages for outpost capture progress at 25%, 50%, and 75%.

Do you plan on anything for doubling up?

Like 1.5 speed until one person steps off or 2x speed but if one person steps away its all gone.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 1:23 am Moose Post #185

We live in a society.

Not until I redo the capture system in M9.

Nov 23 2009, 2:01 am MEMEME670 Post #186

Ok, that is fair.

I feel included in the system you have for showing messages at the start of the game, you may want to have a major changelog. So for m8d it would be 'Capture blocking area is much smaller, there is also a message telling you when you block and when you are blocked.'

So many people dont know of this and get caught in cannons because of it.

You going to ever migrate psion phantom or lurk into the M vers, or no?

None.

Nov 23 2009, 2:05 am xYoshix Post #187

Quote from MEMEME670
Please, no. :crazy:

None.

Nov 23 2009, 2:06 am MEMEME670 Post #188

Quote from xYoshix
Quote from MEMEME670

Theyre balanceable. Except maybe psion.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 3:07 am xYoshix Post #189

Phantom only, not ED or psion. Stuns and mutant kills ED. Explosive damage = horrible for psion.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 3:43 am MEMEME670 Post #190

Quote from xYoshix
Phantom only, not ED or psion. Stuns and mutant kills ED. Explosive damage = horrible for psion.

Stuns and mutant kills warrior, so that cant be a main problem.

ED would need to balanced more then phant, as phant only needs to be nerfed some.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 4:42 am killer_sss Post #191

dunno where you were mememe but he has been over that a few times. He wants to add a guy physcist *if recall correctly idk* which is a hero he has come up with and has no current plans to ever implement any of unholy's newer heros.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:53 pm OlimarandLouie Post #192

Phantom in 1.4M versions would be sooooo awesome :D
but someone said something about Physicist, which is going to be Fenix*Goon* if i remember

None.

Nov 23 2009, 8:55 pm itisagooday2die Post #193

I'm not sure if this was already said, but does the trick where you use lvl 4 with spec ops and put on beacon for purposely more gas still there?
Also, all mines should be vincible. Invincible mines just ruin everything, as well as makes things incredibly confusing.
I think lvl 3 is SLIGHTLY too strong for spec ops.
Sorry if this was already said.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 9:46 pm Norm Post #194

Quote from MEMEME670
Quote from xYoshix
Quote from MEMEME670

Theyre balanceable. Except maybe psion.

Any hero can be balanced, it just might take some serious redesigning ^^. I definitely encourage the Moose to add new characters (or additional of UU's characters) to his TS version.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 10:12 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #195

Just here for the activity... well not really

Let me rephrase that:
Make the Corsair pre-placed out of the arena and move/remove it when casted/ended, so we can hotkey it and micro it easier.
This goes for any brief summon skills, like the defiler's queen.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 24 2009, 12:34 am MEMEME670 Post #196

Let me rephrase that:
Make the Corsair pre-placed out of the arena and move/remove it when casted/ended, so we can hotkey it and micro it easier.

This takes up locations, and along with it having to be inside the arena (any player controlled unit gets outside the huge arena location = broken game) It would also mean you would get less time to cast.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 2:40 am Moose Post #197

We live in a society.

Quote from MEMEME670
Ok, that is fair.

I feel included in the system you have for showing messages at the start of the game, you may want to have a major changelog. So for m8d it would be 'Capture blocking area is much smaller, there is also a message telling you when you block and when you are blocked.'
The location size is mentioned when the game starts.
I can add as many messages as I want, some people just don't read.

Quote from MEMEME670
Probably not, I would rather add my own heroes.

Quote from itisagooday2die
I'm not sure if this was already said, but does the trick where you use lvl 4 with spec ops and put on beacon for purposely more gas still there?
No. (BTW, you can use the single player test mode for something like this. Just load up the map and start the game with just you in it.)

Also, all mines should be vincible. Invincible mines just ruin everything, as well as makes things incredibly confusing.
What's "incredibly confusing"? Every other mine is invincible. I know the general public may not be the smartest people out there, but I don't think I'm asking too much when what they have to understand is the pattern: 01010101010101...

I think lvl 3 is SLIGHTLY too strong for spec ops.
+15 may have been a little too much. I might go to +10 or + 12.

Quote from MEMEME670
Let me rephrase that:

This takes up locations, and along with it having to be inside the arena (any player controlled unit gets outside the huge arena location = broken game) It would also mean you would get less time to cast.
Well, hotkeys seem to hold through give actions if the unit is given to another player and then returned. (As with disable) So, theoretically, I can use existing locations for this if it works the way I think it does. (or at least the way it does with disable)
Casting would be faster because you press the unit hotkey, spell hotkey, then click... the unit hotkey would be faster than selecting the unit itself.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 24 2009, 9:56 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 25 2009, 9:15 pm Moose Post #198

We live in a society.

M8e:
- Fixed LM L2 Devourers for real.
- Fixed bug caused by a player with two spawn pathing civilians leaving the game that could cause a team to end up with 2 civilians, meaning broken spawn.
- Improved triggers for Warp Gate regeneration. I've only seen one unplacable so far, but the ones I made were pretty lame. :P
- Increased Assault's HP from 4800 to 5000.
- Increased upgrade damage on Assault's L4 firebats to +4.
- Decreased upgrade damage on Special Ops' L3 from +15 to +12.
- Put in progress messages of 25%, 50%, and 75% for outpost captures.
- Fixed many location problems with the new capblock locations. (They weren't used for anti-minecapping and such.)
- Put in Yoshi's updates to the terrain.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2009, 4:39 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 28 2009, 8:15 am MEMEME670 Post #199

Spec Ops l3 is pretty imba, although less so then before..

I belive you should...possibly give it a five sec cooldown, as spamming it allows you to dodge anything, which is horrible.

ALSO, please make it stationary, rines using l3 to escape is rediculous, ive actually had a match where a rine evaded being killed just due to spamming l3...which is horrible.

Replay attached for the above statement.

Attachments:
TS Rine Imba l3.rep
Hits: 5 Size: 291.11kb

None.

Nov 28 2009, 8:51 am ClansAreForGays Post #200

Unless he's dodging a Lv4 or Lv3, he's losing out. And to be able to 'spam' an 80 cast spell, they have to have to have 220+ mana. I can't think of a class that doesn't out pound this for equivalent mana+Spell Lv.

I don't use it so it's not like I'm trying to protect my fav character. Rine lv3 has never frustrated me. Is it 2 or 3 shots?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1248 >
  Back to forum