Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Op SEN Enforcement
Op SEN Enforcement
Sep 29 2009, 8:57 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Sep 29 2009, 11:06 pm Vrael Post #41

If you're joking, Ex, you should stop, because it's trolling Demonslayer successfully either way.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 11:07 pm Excalibur Post #42

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Ignorance? You've the most ignorant person I've seen on this site.
Ouch. Have you met some of our members in The Void?

All we're trying to say is that we mainly use bots as a form of communication, and that they don't even spam that much. But no, you, being the almighty god that you make yourself look like, constantly look over what we're saying.
I disagree, and say they spam more than their share if there is such a thing. I deem that these rules are needed right now, due to you (the members) general abuse of said bots and their commands. I'm not standing alone by the way, I didn't cook this up on my own, Moose was and has been here the entire time.

The only way I've ever seen you be helpful is by giving advice to people on how to make a computer, and if you know that much about computers and just play HoN all day, please, get out of your basement and make some friends.
I take pride in my tech knowledge, but that has nothing to do with this. You're bordering on personal attacks right now, and if you get any more off topic...
And thanks for the ditch. I look forward to crawling into it.
....then this ditch is going to be your new home, rather than SEN.

Quote from Vrael
If you're joking, Ex, you should stop, because it's trolling Demonslayer successfully either way.
It's too much fun, I'm sorry. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 29 2009, 11:12 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #43

Just here for the activity... well not really

I still don't understand how Flamming and Immaturity is linking to bots.
Yes, bots can spam the hell out of op SEN, but that's why you're here to ban them when they do, not before.
Your "duct tape the faucet before it leaks" would be justified if this was a serious problem before. It isn't. I own a bot, and I know what "quit doing that or I'll ban it" means.
If you can't take the time to say "stop with that bot," then you also don't have the time to say "stop flaming" because they're virtually the same thing.

Or, maybe we should go with your plan, and force all member's bots to either stay quiet or always talk in whispers.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 29 2009, 11:15 pm Excalibur Post #44

The sword and the faith

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Because despite what some members would like you to believe, we're coming down hard on all the problems, not just the bots.

Yes, bots can spam the hell out of op SEN, but that's why you're here to ban them when they do, not before.
I'm sorry I'm trying to create less work for myself. You're right, I should want to have as many problems to deal with as possible.

Your "duct tape the faucet before it leaks" would be justified if this was a serious problem before. It isn't. I own a bot, and I know what "quit doing that or I'll ban it" means.

I wish some members were as bright as you Kevin. Unfortunately, think before you hit enter does not enter their minds. :bleh:

Or, maybe we should go with your plan, and force all member's bots to either stay quiet or always talk in whispers.
Chatting is fine but these commands need to go away. I'll write up some criteria as soon as I can stop refreshing this topic every five seconds to have to respond to someone. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 29 2009, 11:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #45

Just here for the pie

Quote from Excalibur
Once again, Ex, you use your power to threaten others and say whatever you want. It's not fair.
Try this.

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
All issues may be directed to Excalibur. I will not respond but will instead direct you to him.

Sep 29 2009, 11:22 pm Excalibur Post #46

The sword and the faith

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Excalibur
Once again, Ex, you use your power to threaten others and say whatever you want. It's not fair.
Try this.

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
All issues may be directed to Excalibur. I will not respond but will instead direct you to him.
That's a personal dispute which is off topic, hence it has nothing to do with these new rules. I've already had to delete one of his posts for being a personal attack and off topic.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 29 2009, 11:25 pm lil-Inferno Post #47

Just here for the pie

I'm simply revealing that it would be a never ending pattern of Moose redirecting us to you redirecting us to Moose and so forth. As far as I know, what Dem0nS1ayer is saying is part of an "issue" and Moose wants us to direct "issues" to you, but you want us to direct "issues" to him.

Now I realize you're just making up half-assed arguments to combat ours, continuing to fall back to the point that you're a global moderator and because of that you're better than all of us and what ever you say is automatically better than what we have to say. With that, I'm leaving this topic.

Sep 29 2009, 11:29 pm Excalibur Post #48

The sword and the faith

Quote from lil-Inferno
I'm simply revealing that it would be a never ending pattern of Moose redirecting us to you redirecting us to Moose and so forth. As far as I know, what Dem0nS1ayer is saying is part of an "issue" and Moose wants us to direct "issues" to you, but you want us to direct "issues" to him.
If Demon wants to discuss the actual rules, we can, that is, when he brings up a point that is not him criticizing how I live my life or things of that nature. I've already addressed all his points, and if he isn't satisfied with my answers, tough luck.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 29 2009, 11:30 pm Dem0n Post #49

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I've tried to discuss the rules and policies, but it's pretty hard to do so when you ignore all the posts by saying "I'm the law" or "Citation needed."

Sep 29 2009, 11:35 pm Excalibur Post #50

The sword and the faith

I've tried to discuss the rules and policies, but it's pretty hard to do so when you ignore all the posts by saying "I'm the law" or "Citation needed."
I'm the law was used when you trying to dispute I have the power to do these things, which I obviously do.

Citation needed implies I don't believe what you're saying and you're going to have to provide some sort of evidence (other than I spend too much time on the computer :P) to back it up.

Bot applications opened: http://www.staredit.net/topic/8684/

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 30 2009, 12:21 am Vrael Post #51

Quote from name:Excalibur, in SEN Bot Authorization topic; Having">http://www.staredit.net/topic/8684/]Having a bot in Op SEN is a privilege, not a right.
This applies to us as well, Excalibur. In fact, as a third-party program it is explicitly not allowed on battle.net at all. If we truly wish to meet the higher standards that Moose talks about, we should not be violating the terms of our contracts with Blizzard Entertainment by using third-party applications to modify our battle.net experiences.

Quote from name: Battle.net Terms of Use ">http://classic.battle.net/tou.shtml]
Under no circumstances may you connect or create tools that allow you to connect to Battle.net's private binary interface or interfaces other than those explicitly provided by Blizzard Entertainment for public use

Quote from name: ">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment]
MDY Industries, LLC v. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
On July 14th, 2008, the U.S. District of Arizona ruled on the case MDY Industries, LLC v. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. The Court found that MDY was liable for copyright infringement since users of its Glider bot program were breaking Blizzard's End User License Agreement and Terms of Use.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 12:30 am Moose Post #52

We live in a society.

I'm not sure where that was implied in the rules.

Excalibur, while you're having fun, I'm not going to stand for you being a dick. Likewise, I will not stand for anyone disparaging Excalibur.

Sep 30 2009, 1:48 am CecilSunkure Post #53

Hmm.. SEN admins control what goes on in their channel. If you don't like it, make your own channel or pm someone asking politely for something to be changed, explaining in detail why that something should be changed.

No big deal.. I rarely go to SEN because I'm almost always told that I should leave. The only time I do go in there is when I'm desperate for a tester, or looking for someone in particular.

Though, I still stand by what I said in the other topic -If Vrael bans some people acting like morons due to a lack of things to do in the physical world, more power to him. Even if a kick would have sufficed. If a banned someone really wants to get back into the channel, they can get a new account and act mature. If they aren't motivated to do this, then they really didn't need to be in the channel in the first place, they were there to mess around.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 2:29 am DevliN Post #54

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So I read all 3 pages so far, and the best compromise I could come up with for everyone is to ban anyone who flames or spams, regardless of whether it's a bot or person. Oh wait.

I think Excal is having a little too much fun with the back-and-forth, but I don't think it is unwarranted. The amount of unchecked flames I've seen in Dem0n's posts alone should be proof that the changes are necessary.

EDIT:
And frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. If you just come in SEN to chat and have well-mannered fun while occasionally looking for friends to play with or ask questions about map making, you're fine. Keep doing what you're doing.

If you come to Op SEN to fuck around and clutter it with spam or less-than-well-mannered fun, then you can be greeted with a ban.

The rule should be that you can't be on at the same time as your bot. Bots can only be allowed in the channel if they're used to chat. If you are on to play and park your bot in the channel, your bot is then useless.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 30 2009, 2:35 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 30 2009, 3:03 am Riney Post #55

Thigh high affectionado

To think Im the fucker that started this all.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/7053/ For refrence

Get em Ex, I still wish I could be the one, seeing as I can control a group of immature people into a spot where it doesnt bother others.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 30 2009, 3:12 am Moose Post #56

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
To think Im the fucker that started this all.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/7053/ For refrence

Get em Ex, I still wish I could be the one, seeing as I can control a group of immature people into a spot where it doesnt bother others.
Except for the part where all problems were derived from Temple Siege.

They had, for the most, part, abandoned op SEN for op TSC far before these recent events.

Sep 30 2009, 3:20 am Riney Post #57

Thigh high affectionado

I still belive it was their behavior which lowered others standards of conversation in the channel though.

I mean who else could....echo? :hurr:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 30 2009, 4:07 am Vrael Post #58

This post is the explanation of my report of the "SEN Bot Authorization" topic.

Quote from name:SEN Rules
•SEN is not to be used for coordination of illegal activities or committing crimes.
The authorization and coordinating of bots in the channel "op SEN" is both illegal and a violation of the SEN rule by nature of bots being a violation of the End User License Agreement and Terms of Use as explained in my prior post:
Quote from Vrael
Quote from name:Excalibur, in SEN Bot Authorization topic; Having">http://www.staredit.net/topic/8684/]Having a bot in Op SEN is a privilege, not a right.
This applies to us as well, Excalibur. In fact, as a third-party program it is explicitly not allowed on battle.net at all. If we truly wish to meet the higher standards that Moose talks about, we should not be violating the terms of our contracts with Blizzard Entertainment by using third-party applications to modify our battle.net experiences.

Quote from name: Battle.net Terms of Use ">http://classic.battle.net/tou.shtml]
Under no circumstances may you connect or create tools that allow you to connect to Battle.net's private binary interface or interfaces other than those explicitly provided by Blizzard Entertainment for public use

Quote from name: ">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment]
MDY Industries, LLC v. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
On July 14th, 2008, the U.S. District of Arizona ruled on the case MDY Industries, LLC v. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. The Court found that MDY was liable for copyright infringement since users of its Glider bot program were breaking Blizzard's End User License Agreement and Terms of Use.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 4:19 am Excalibur Post #59

The sword and the faith

Hey Vrael,
Quote from The Rules
If you are going to be very argumentative about the rules (a "rules lawyer") or have problems with authority, find a different website with a more permissive administration.

I think Moose is well aware of Blizzard's policies, the tools we are using, THE RULES HE WROTE, and that topics existence. And you know what? I don't think he cares what Blizzard thinks of the tools we use. It'd be hypocritical to all of a sudden worry about bots now when we've been running two moderation bots in there for months.

You've been more than reasonably outspoken about this issue. We heard you the first time. It doesn't appear to me like you're going to get what you want, and I suggest you stop trying.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 30 2009, 4:35 am Lingie Post #60

Now I'm happy for you and all Demon.. And I'ma let you finish but..

How the fuck do muted keys join channels? Going to have to call you out on that.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum