Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 825 >

Sep 8 2009, 11:56 am Falkoner Post #101

Unit placement IDs will take a bit of work since I use a linked list internally and not an array as SC does. Is the important part the order, or the absolute index?

I'd assume the absolute index, but SCM Draft assigns that based on what order you place them in, whereas, other editors assign it left to right, then bottom to top if there is a tie.

None.

Sep 8 2009, 8:05 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #102

I see you !

I am fairly sure that order has to do with the internal render order in SC, never studied that in detail tho. I think it has Y as priority tho.

Payne: Wer eyou saying it crashes when you open the backup database, it crashes even if you rename the backup database file, or whenever you open that map again? I thought you meant you can continue to edit the map.

E: Its not uploaded, but next version will include a fix for a freeze if you link a nydus canal to itself somehow.

Poison: I cannot recreate that. Can you be more precise.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 8 2009, 10:50 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Sep 8 2009, 11:19 pm payne Post #103

:payne:

Lethal_Illusion solved my problems: Deleting the 2 files named backupDB.scm (or looking like something like that) ^^
Thanks to him :)

So, it is worth downloading the newest SCMD2 version and starting working on it yet or should I keep working on the beta version 0.8.0 for now?

None.

Sep 8 2009, 11:27 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #104

I see you !

its always worth getting the newest.... and providing feedback

Sep 9 2009, 1:02 am poison_us Post #105

Back* from the grave

Attempting to recreate crashed the entire program: in a new map, open classic trigedit, and create 2 new triggers. I then used the first-opened trigger box to make p1 the owner. I closed the second, then while trying to close the first, a pop-up is currently stating "Scmdraft 2 has caused an error in SCMDRAFT 2.EXE. Scmdraft 2 will now close". I actually have the pop-up still up, if you want a screenie.

Sep 9 2009, 9:41 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #106

I see you !

ok, reproduced it with new triggers, will fix it.

E: Updated with the fix when canceling multiplke new triggers out of order, and for nydus canal linking to itself making scmdraft freeze or crash.
Oh and it has experimental code for sprite selection boxes.... enjoy :>

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2009, 11:50 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Sep 10 2009, 2:51 am payne Post #107

Okay, I've downloaded the latest version (I think ^^) and here is what I've found:

1) When creating a location (inverted or not) from a unit's selection, the label should swap from Units to Locations directly and open up the recently created location's properties and once the map maker hits "Enter", it should swap back to Units.
2) There should be a way to access the units' settings (name, hp, damage, etc.) menu from the units tree situated at the left and also directly from the main screen by right clicking on a unit and selecting something labeled as "Unit's settings".
3) If you open any menu from SCMD2 (i.e. Forces) and go to an other window (i.e. Firefox), when you'll come back to SCMD2 and close the menu, you are sent to Firefox (in this case).
4) We cannot move diagonally with the arrows.
5) Maybe add a "Apply to All Players" choose box into the "Unit Settings" 's "availability" box and into the "Upgrade Settings" 's "player settings" box.
6) In "Tech Settings", when we choose a "Default Player Setting", it should automatically refresh for all the players (right now, it do not, except if you change of menu/tech and come back).
7) Add a confirmation pop-up box for when we hit "Reset All 'x' To Default" 's button. ;o
8) When creating a new map, set the default sub-tileset to something like "Dirt" instead of that damn Water. Also make it "No triggers" as default setting instead of the "Melee Triggers".
9) When the cursor is on the left edge of the main screen and you are under Sprites label tree, trying to watch some, the updated image isn't always "correct". Just try it with Effects -> Spells -> Protoss, switching from Feedback to Disruption Web.
10) That annoying "when switching from map to map it auto-sets me to Doodads label" thingy is still there :(
11) The number of "Unnamed Location" into a map seems to vary randomly from 0 to 1 to all locations left to all the 254 locations. When you create a new location, it also seems to randomly not always overlap a "Unnamed Location", renaming it to the new location's name.
12) When you reach 64 locations or so, a message pops up asking you if you want to continue and once you answer, an error comes out saying a location couldn't be created. You then keep trying to create locations and you see this: all locations up to #62 are there, the #63 is missing, the #64 is called "Unnamed Location" into the Location Tree at the left, but named "Location 64" into the Strings Editor. The rest is just fine.

That's a bunch of lil' things you must fix, my dear ^^
(Lol@me seeing all this within 30 minutes)

EDIT: What is the "Correct Doodad" thingy? :O

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 10 2009, 3:00 am by payne.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 3:46 am laffo16 Post #108

request, for each trigger in Classic Trigger Editor, to be non-staticly numbered, and a "GoTo" button be added so that can quickly navigate to the relevent trigger.
ability to save map, while keeping the Classic Trigger Editor Open.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 4:13 am Falkoner Post #109

EDIT: What is the "Correct Doodad" thingy? :O

It finds all sprites + terrain that make up doodads and converts them back to the combined doodad format.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 11:24 am payne Post #110

Could it be it is buggy too because it doubled some sprites over the trees (and it wasn't even the matching sprite with the roots)?
Also, I forgot to mention I've never seen how to open 2 classic trigedit windows. :O

None.

Sep 10 2009, 1:39 pm ShadowFlare Post #111

Does Scmdraft allow configuring which nydus canals are linked after they have already been placed? (and whether they are even linked at all)

None.

Sep 10 2009, 10:12 pm Falkoner Post #112

Also, I forgot to mention I've never seen how to open 2 classic trigedit windows. :O

It's not really 2 windows of Classic Trigedit, it's 2 triggers at the same time.

Does Scmdraft allow configuring which nydus canals are linked after they have already been placed? (and whether they are even linked at all)

It links them if you place two one after the other, but I don't think there's a way to modify it otherwise.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 10:27 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #113

I see you !

ya shadowflare its currently not possible unless I forgot about it, why do you ask?

Sep 10 2009, 11:30 pm Heinermann Post #114

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

It's possible. SF:U does it. You can change the links after all the units have been placed.
Two nydus that are attached don't need to belong to the same player either.

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant not possible in an editor.

Sep 10 2009, 11:49 pm dpp89 Post #115

so this thread is deadicated to reporting things to scmdraft2?

well how about this one, in areas where text will be displayed (unit names, briefings, etc) have a place to copy color codes. so far, this is only in triggers and no where else (even in map discription)

None.

Sep 11 2009, 1:24 am DevliN Post #116

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from dpp89

well how about this one, in areas where text will be displayed (unit names, briefings, etc) have a place to copy color codes. so far, this is only in triggers and no where else (even in map discription)
That's what "Strings" is for. You can edit every bit of text from there.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 11 2009, 3:08 am dpp89 Post #117

Quote from DevliN
Quote from dpp89

That's what "Strings" is for. You can edit every bit of text from there.
good point.
how about "scroll speed"?
When I was trying to place doodads, I placed one too close to the edge when I clicked, and it scrolled down fast while I was clicked down, so fast that everything in between the scrolled areas was filled with the doodad i was trying to place.

None.

Sep 11 2009, 3:51 am poison_us Post #118

Back* from the grave

-player-specific selections...such as a shortcut that will select only units owned by p1, p2, etc.

Sep 11 2009, 9:08 am Wormer Post #119

SI, could you please mark the middle of the location with a bold dot and with a horizontal and a vertical line?

And also please don't forget locations locking/hiding.
I've changed my mind a little.
When hidden the location either not displayed at all or is transparent and unselectable (unhide via locations listbox to the left). When locked the location is selectable but unmoveable.
When hidden the location is not visible until selected from the list box. When locked the location is unselectable in main window and transparent (only wireframe and it's name are visible).

EDIT:
Plus! Why the ability to assign colors to locations is not in a wishlist?! :-( (Link).
Quote from Wormer
Colorfull rainbow locations :inlove: (an ability to assign colors to locations).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2009, 9:18 am by Wormer.

Some.

Sep 11 2009, 11:57 pm samsizzle Post #120

What the heck is this? The whole list is like this even if there's named locations. It only changes Unnamed location if i make a new one and name it, but it goes back to Unnamed if i close the map and open it again.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 825 >
  Back to forum