Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIV: The Godfather
SEN Mafia XIV: The Godfather
Aug 6 2009, 6:38 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 47 48 49 50 51 >

Sep 28 2009, 9:40 pm Neki Post #961

Except the Joker and his henchmen had no problems with killing each other, even for fun. :P

None.

Sep 28 2009, 9:41 pm Excalibur Post #962

The sword and the faith

You wanna know how I got this role...? C'mere....

Ya see, DTBK was a drinker, and a mafia fiend, and one game he hosts a little crazier than usual.

I sign up, hoping to be a townie and defend myself, he doesn't like that, not one bit....

He sticks the blade in my mouth and says 'WHY SO :hurr:?' and so.....:mudkip:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 28 2009, 10:48 pm poison_us Post #963

Back* from the grave

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
SEN Mafia XV: Gotham City.
I make poster for this Mafia--which I am signing up for--also?

Sep 28 2009, 11:07 pm Riney Post #964

Thigh high affectionado

Got my new signature for Mafia: Batman.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 28 2009, 11:39 pm Vrael Post #965

DTBK, you need to change the batman role up a little bit. Batman never kills -- he should have jailing powers instead. Only way batman should be able to get a night hit in is if a mafia player tries to hit him and he tries to hit the mafia player, because we have all seen the bad guys reap their own destruction in the movies and stuff. Batman shouldn't be able to kill though. Also, he should have investigative powers like the detective -- batman's always dropping Lt. Gordon info and stuff on what shit's goin down. He has like, the super cool survaillence computers and stuff that normal police dont and all, and an awsome car and a jet and stuff, but he shouldn't be killing mafia players.
If I may quote the dark knight:
"I HAVE ONE RULE." - Batman
"Then that's the rule you'll have to break..." - Joker

I think you all know the part I'm talking about.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 11:41 pm darksnow Post #966

how about the batman gets to investigate and jail as many times as he wants, and then the patrolmen gets limited powers?

None.

Sep 28 2009, 11:46 pm The Starport Post #967

The joker should do something fun like require a certain player to die by the end of the night or else several others die instead.

That should be sufficiently lulzy.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 29 2009, 1:28 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 12:18 am darksnow Post #968

the jokers identity should be hidden, and like every night you cant find out who the joker is, you have to elect 2 people to die =O

or if you choose not to, the joker starts a crazed killing =O

None.

Sep 29 2009, 12:37 am poison_us Post #969

Back* from the grave

Quote from Vrael

I don't; I've never seen The Dark Knight. I'm assuming this has something to do with Batman harming an innocent. Please explain this odd behavior.

Sep 29 2009, 12:40 am Kaias Post #970

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Vrael

I don't; I've never seen The Dark Knight. I'm assuming this has something to do with Batman harming an innocent. Please explain this odd behavior.
Batman's only rule is that he won't kill people (as seen when he wouldn't execute the criminal in Batman Begins). He leaves punishment up to the justice system.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 12:48 am Neki Post #971

He won't kill you, but that doesn't mean he has to save you.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:17 am DT_Battlekruser Post #972

Interesting.. I should take some of this into consideration.

The Joker would be a hard role to have, though, because he is a true anarchist, not a mafia member.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:23 am The Starport Post #973

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Interesting.. I should take some of this into consideration.

The Joker would be a hard role to have, though, because he is a true anarchist, not a mafia member.
Set his victory condition to 'epic lulz'. :P

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:24 am Echo Post #974

You might as well do a heroes & towns vs villains & mafia or baddies.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:30 am Neki Post #975

No one wants to be a hero, that is so cliche. What is a hero, compared to a villain anyways? There's no tangible difference, just a difference of ideals. But morals are purely subjective, so how can one even begin to even define who is "good" and who is "evil." One may be viewed as a hero in the eyes of some, and a villain in the eyes of others. Some may believe murder is 'bad', while others believe it to be 'good', but who is to say that murder is always bad?

But really, the Batman is so much cooler than heroes and villains. =)

None.

Sep 29 2009, 1:31 am Excalibur Post #976

The sword and the faith

What you could do is if Batman finds out a mafia's identity, he reveals them to the public, and its left to the townies to lynch him. That fills the 'He wont kill you but doesn't have to save you' quota.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 29 2009, 1:34 am Vrael Post #977

Quote from Kaias
Quote from poison_us
Quote from Vrael

Batman's only rule is that he won't kill people (as seen when he wouldn't execute the criminal in Batman Begins). He leaves punishment up to the justice system.
Not only that, but there are other instances of Batman showing his moral code despite his vigilantism:
-The first episode of the "Batman Begins" animated cartoon: Batman is clearly distraught when through old age the only way he can scare off muggers and save the girl is by wielding a gun, he is so ashamed that he puts away his bat suit forever.
-In Batman the movie (1989 I think, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson) he leaves criminals roped up in all sorts of weird places, and the Joker falls to his death because his leg is tied to a gargoyle on top of a church tower while hanging onto a rope ladder on a helicopter. Earlier in the movie batman had the joker in the crosshairs of his bat-jet's machine guns but could not pull the trigger.
-In the Dark Knight, batman again has an opportunity to kill the joker while speeding along on his motorcycle, but pulls aside and crashes at the last second because the joker won't move.
-In Batman Begins, the end of the movie culminates with Batman leaving the criminal alive to fend for himself in the out-of-control-train, despite clearly having means to kill him himself.

None.

Sep 29 2009, 9:41 am InsolubleFluff Post #978

Batman killed two-face with that fall to the ground did he not?

You should have 0 mafia and replace it with Poison Ivy, The Joker, Two Face or other Villains. They should not know each other though. Narrative should be Lt. Gordon saying something like:
"Batman, it looks like Poison Ivy struck again tonight...story with clues... we need to catch her!

The Joker left a video last night detailing how Shocko must die today or he'll kill 2 others. We believe he was last seen... story with clues... Stop him!"

None.

Sep 29 2009, 9:45 am InsolubleFluff Post #979

With all the special roles, you may want to also spruce up townies. Dodge/Save/Citizen Arrest lols?

None.

Sep 29 2009, 10:23 am Chubacca Post #980

gotham sounds awesome, sign me up for that!!
and two face haha, if u get heads, he can't kill, if u get tails u die? hahahaha, i would get so mad if i was two face, haha.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 47 48 49 50 51 >
  Back to forum