Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Doubly Protecting Maps without EUDS
Doubly Protecting Maps without EUDS
Aug 5 2009, 10:26 pm
By: Madroc
Pages: < 1 2 3

Aug 15 2009, 6:54 am Falkoner Post #41

MPQ protection would kill off any tool that doesn't directly access storm.dll.

That's actually what Shadow Protector used, IIRC, however, both OS Map 2 and Unused Unprotector 2 at least have the option to use storm.dll, so even the two unprotectors that are no longer being updated can beat that protection.

None.

Aug 15 2009, 7:13 am Heinermann Post #42

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

O RLY?

I doubt it was corrupted to its full capacity.

Aug 18 2009, 6:00 pm Esponeo Post #43

As in all cases, deferring to statements made by Heinermann is the best choice.

Yes I know that few if any maps actually use the protection, but it exists.
All of the St. Marissa betas use something like it, but there were a few MPQ changes I was making that caused horrible, horrible string problems... and yet the map still loaded and tried its darndest.

Agreed, the only way he could possibly be doing it, if it does in actuality crash hex editors...
I said it could not be viewed properly in Hex Workshop. Simpler hex editors may do the trick.

None.

Aug 19 2009, 5:04 am Falkoner Post #44

Yeah, apparently your oh so mighty protection can be unprotected with a combination of UU2 and OS Map 2 :ermm:

None.

Aug 19 2009, 6:49 am darksnow Post #45

how would one use 2 unprotectors together?

None.

Aug 19 2009, 3:32 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #46

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from darksnow
how would one use 2 unprotectors together?
Run the map through one and then the other?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 22 2009, 12:42 am darksnow Post #47

i see, im supposing unprotecting is the same?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum