Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Update in progress
Update in progress
Jul 26 2009, 9:40 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Jul 31 2009, 12:29 am Demented Shaman Post #121

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Falkoner
It would be cool if you got more access on the SeN bot depending on your rank on SeN :)
I am very doubtful of this happening.
I agree, what would be the point of giving people access?

None.

Jul 31 2009, 1:58 am BlueWolf Post #122

Where did you guys get the sc unit pictures from?
Username colors to display ranks solves everything. Icons only for mods/admins.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 2:15 am Falkoner Post #123

I'm sure that's the PERFECT solution for those of you, like yourself, who don't already have a name color, but that feature is already used ;)

None.

Jul 31 2009, 2:16 am Demented Shaman Post #124

Quote from Falkoner

I'm sure that's the PERFECT solution for those of you, like yourself, who don't already have a name color, but that feature is already used ;)
Not only that, I think it would be lame to see different name colors based on rank. I'd rather have rank be different icons all with the same color.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 3:49 am Corbo Post #125

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

bleh, so I worked for nothing?
damn you, devilesk!

fuck you all

Jul 31 2009, 7:41 am BlueWolf Post #126

Well I'll say that I don't care who's in what rank, you're all just people exchanging thoughts on a forum. If you guys do end up using those ranks with 6+ icons, will I take the time to read a post identifying each one? No.

This is just the opinion of a hermit. Sort of speak.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 4:53 pm ToA Post #127

Que Sera, Sera.

i like these name ranks how they are.

Aug 3 2009, 9:13 am Centreri Post #128

Relatively ancient and inactive

Personally, I like the icon system, but I wouldn't necessarily mind a few changes. And I'd be all for changing it to name colors if those with name colors were compensated by an automatic increasing of rank from what we would've deserved (so, regular -> veteran, veteran -> elite, etc). Sadly, that won't happen.

I think a nice system would be redoing the rank icons a little bit, possibly keeping with the circle theme. No icon for normal people, one circle for regulars, two for veterans and four for elites, or something along those lines. I think that the default color should be white, and people with higher ranks get to either choose any color or get a choice of several colors (replace color name with color icon, maybe?). Just a few thoughts.

None.

Aug 3 2009, 11:28 am DevliN Post #129

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Centreri
Personally, I like the icon system, but I wouldn't necessarily mind a few changes. And I'd be all for changing it to name colors if those with name colors were compensated by an automatic increasing of rank from what we would've deserved (so, regular -> veteran, veteran -> elite, etc). Sadly, that won't happen. .
I completely disagree with this thought. I assume no change will occur either way, but I don't see how anyone who was savvy lucky enough to get a colored name deserves to be increased in rank.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 4 2009, 6:16 am Vrael Post #130

Anyone else think the "regular" icon is actually cooler than the other two? This completely defeats the purpose of the system for me, since I have no reason to strive for the other 2 now.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 7:00 am Demented Shaman Post #131

Quote from Centreri
I think a nice system would be redoing the rank icons a little bit, possibly keeping with the circle theme. No icon for normal people, one circle for regulars, two for veterans and four for elites, or something along those lines. I think that the default color should be white, and people with higher ranks get to either choose any color or get a choice of several colors (replace color name with color icon, maybe?). Just a few thoughts.
The circle idea is pretty good and higher ranks would be easily identifiable. It's like the army stripes idea someone posted. However, I still prefer the SC icons that Corbo made.

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Centreri
Personally, I like the icon system, but I wouldn't necessarily mind a few changes. And I'd be all for changing it to name colors if those with name colors were compensated by an automatic increasing of rank from what we would've deserved (so, regular -> veteran, veteran -> elite, etc). Sadly, that won't happen. .
I completely disagree with this thought. I assume no change will occur either way, but I don't see how anyone who was savvy lucky enough to get a colored name deserves to be increased in rank.
I was the very first one to get name color and it's completely legit. I know there are some people who got them later that went around the system somehow or got them cheaply, but I did not. :)

Those were good times when I was the only one with name color. ^^

None.

Aug 4 2009, 8:52 am DevliN Post #132

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Pariah
I was the very first one to get name color and it's completely legit. I know there are some people who got them later that went around the system somehow or got them cheaply, but I did not. :)

Those were good times when I was the only one with name color. ^^
I know and completely agree. I was more referring to all the members who didn't acquire it that way.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 4 2009, 9:09 am Demented Shaman Post #133

Well the problem is IP doesn't know exactly who got their name color the right way and who did not. That's why he's going to eventually reset the name color when he fixes the store.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 12:01 pm Centreri Post #134

Relatively ancient and inactive

Well, I didn't get mine cheaply, like DTBK did. I mean, I didn't get it fairly, as I borrowed roughly 800 minerals from Kellimus and Farty, but I didn't go around the system. I got mine barely before the minerals were removed. So, as one of those who essentially worked for it, I'd prefer to get something out of it, whether it be a name color, an icon color or a generic rank.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 6:57 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #135

Well, I didn't get mine cheaply, like DTBK did.

I got it strictly legitly. Just because the store happened to be selling it for 900 instead of the more common 1500 is of little consequence. That was still 900 minerals.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 8:03 pm Falkoner Post #136

If and when there is a reset, will a script be ran to tally up how many minerals each person should have? It seems somewhat lame to not do it..

None.

Aug 4 2009, 8:12 pm Demented Shaman Post #137

IP has said that posts probably won't even give mins, so I see no reason why there would be a need to try to give people any minerals to start out with. I'm sure everyone will have to start from scratch.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 9:32 pm InsolubleFluff Post #138

Centreri, quit your crying. Your name's colour is ugly anyway.

For once I agree with Devilesk on the matter. A total reset would be greatly welcomed, along with titles, avatars, signatures and all the fun bits.

Minerals should be distributed for contribution to the community. Perhaps you've solved lots of mapping questions and deserve a bonus. Or, perhaps you made a fantastic map worth recognition.

However saying that, post regulations should ease up with the lack of reward for succesfully posting.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 10:03 pm Riney Post #139

Thigh high affectionado

Ideas to make this even better.

Stuff:
  • Reg, Vet, Elite forums (Elite can view all 3, vet can view first 2, and so on)
  • Topic icons are free for Regulars and up
  • Smiley limit is 3 unless your a regular
  • No access to magic boxes or raffle (If mins are ever added back in) unless you're regular

And no, I have no idea why I made a list or a line to make myself look more professional and this actually have a chance of being done. Oh wait :hurr:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 4 2009, 10:28 pm Demented Shaman Post #140

Quote from name:Shocko
For once I agree with Devilesk on the matter. A total reset would be greatly welcomed, along with titles, avatars, signatures and all the fun bits.
I actually don't like the idea of a total reset. I like my name color :P I'm just relaying information IP has told me.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum