Art Work
Jun 28 2009, 7:36 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 10 2009, 12:08 am stickynote Post #41

I think konflict's design wins.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 7:48 am JaFF Post #42

I understand that this is not the right place to ask, but did this project die or what? Nothing seems to be happening at all.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 2:05 pm ClansAreForGays Post #43

I was really banking on at least 1 semi-capable person volunteering to be editor-in-chief. Right now, I'm not pushing it forward. I probably should have just settled for UnholyUrine, but at the time I was pretty sure I would have someone better step up.

Jul 14 2009, 2:26 pm JaFF Post #44

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I was really banking on at least 1 semi-capable person volunteering to be editor-in-chief. Right now, I'm not pushing it forward. I probably should have just settled for UnholyUrine, but at the time I was pretty sure I would have someone better step up.
And it's not possible to contact UnholyUrine again?

None.

Jul 14 2009, 3:10 pm Devourer Post #45

Hello

Konflikts design is just awesome.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 14 2009, 5:26 pm ClansAreForGays Post #46

Quote from JaFF
He's a complicated person to deal with. He was very offended when I declined his offer, and slammed SEN as a whole while storming out (if you could call it that).

Jul 14 2009, 7:12 pm DevliN Post #47

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from JaFF
He's a complicated person to deal with. He was very offended when I declined his offer, and slammed SEN as a whole while storming out (if you could call it that).
I have a feeling that was probably the better choice (declining, that is).

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 15 2009, 12:15 pm JaFF Post #48

Quote from DevliN
I have a feeling that was probably the better choice (declining, that is).
I think he'd be a good editor in chief. We should contact him and apologize on behalf of the community.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 3:57 am rockz Post #49

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

It's hard to be editor in chief when you have little idea what's going on.

CAFG, I believe you wanted this to happen, or maybe a co-production from dtbk, but in either case, you have to have someone devoted. I'm not, since I have no idea what to do in this situation. Obviously, you are a bit devoted, and it's fairly simple that you have to do this to get it off the ground. If you get tired of it, then quit. There's nothing saying we can't just have 2 magazines then give up. However, there's the off chance that after we get started, you can pass the reigns to someone else (like UU, so he knows exactly what to do).

Perhaps you'll find yourself realizing it's not so bad. What you really should do is get the magazine designed first, and foremost. Have a generic plan, then get some writers to write something. You have to be specific, however. I don't think we can handle much more than 4 articles, but who knows?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 20 2009, 12:35 pm JaFF Post #50

CAFG, just take all the positions that are vacant for a first few editions, even if you're not spectacular at them. Then see what happens.

None.

Aug 17 2009, 12:41 am Syphon Post #51

Quote from rockz
linked and compressed it for ya, konflikt, even though 200 kB isn't a lot.

As local absentee web designer, I approve of this.

You heard it here first, this layout has Syphon's

Seal of Approval.

None.

Aug 18 2009, 1:57 am konflikt Post #52

and im still here just so you guys know! just waitin for the magazine to be written and sent to me for designing :P

None.

Aug 20 2009, 8:05 pm LoveLess Post #53

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

...Some people really lose track of where they are going in a paper, I have seen it many times first hand and to be honest, we don't need it here. Just editing the grammar and wording shouldn't be a problem. And if the acting Chief Editor says he wants a revision of the paper, I am going to suck it up and rewrite parts he found unnecessary.

CAFG has always been looked at as an intellectual in my opinion, despite his name, so I will accept his critiques without a problem. I am sure others will agree.

None.

Aug 20 2009, 8:06 pm DevliN Post #54

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think the idea is that we were hoping the SENzine would be professional, and in that we would have professional-sounding articles. For that to happen, the articles need an editor to mold them (every article has an editor). If it's a question of language, how many "average" SEN members read the newspaper (and/or it's online copy) or magazines? I'm sure those would contain boring language to them as well.

We shouldn't have to dumb down our diction in order to cater to the masses at SEN, especially considering this isn't supposed to be a project for SEN to enjoy alone.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 20 2009, 8:10 pm Jack Post #55

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

That's why I'm worried about Ex writing the RC article. Not that he isn't a good writer, but people don't want a long winded article about the nuances of strategy and every thought process in PKs mind. HOPEFULLY, Ex makes a gem of an article and it's easy to read and holds peoples interests, but from what I know of him (no offence) he uses language that the average bnetter will just go '???? Stuff this, imma gopaly vx, masterjhony is t3h bomb n i liek archons n i no all teh sekrits'. If, on the other hand, he produces an article that isn't too long and holds the readers interest, then he will be doing justice to a great classic.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 20 2009, 8:14 pm DevliN Post #56

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:zany_001
If, on the other hand, he produces an article that isn't too long and holds the readers interest, then he will be doing justice to a great classic.
That's why editors exist. They're supposed to shape an article in such a way that would capture the reader's interest. Or if they can't, they make the author rewrite it.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 20 2009, 8:19 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #57

My two cents: You people should stop arguing about style and nuance, and settle for being happy if there are enough articles written to make a magazine out of.

None.

Aug 20 2009, 8:21 pm LoveLess Post #58

We do not want to drop a huge turd all over SEN's name, that's why CAFG exists. He is going to be the yay/nay, but I think that's also the reason he wants someone else to take the wheel, so he doesn't have to be the bad guy here.

None.

Aug 20 2009, 8:22 pm Jack Post #59

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Tru dat.

The problem is if the editors ENJOY a longwinded article that will only interest people like themselves, then a boring article will get through just fine.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 20 2009, 8:33 pm LoveLess Post #60

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
My two cents: You people should stop arguing about style and nuance, and settle for being happy if there are enough articles written to make a magazine out of.
I'm working on it! :/

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum