Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Art Work
Art Work
Jun 28 2009, 7:36 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 3 2009, 3:07 am Kaias Post #21

Quote from konflikt
No offense but Jamal's looks like a website, not really a magazine. xD I'm whipping up something to show you guys that I'll post soon.
Agreed. It is particularly non-zinish.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 4:18 am DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from konflikt
No offense but Jamal's looks like a website, not really a magazine. xD I'm whipping up something to show you guys that I'll post soon.
I think we're still unclear as to what this ultimately will be. At first I figured it would just be a large 1-page newsletter, but now it seems like it is a mini website put together bi-weekly.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 3 2009, 4:52 am konflikt Post #23

Quote from DevliN
Quote from konflikt
I think we're still unclear as to what this ultimately will be. At first I figured it would just be a large 1-page newsletter, but now it seems like it is a mini website put together bi-weekly.

From what I gather from reading the different topics is that there will be two different styles of the magazine? A 1-page newsletter that is emailed to people with short versions of the stories that will link to the full stories, and then an almost "mini-site" like you said of the actual magazine where you click a button to simulate flipping to the next page.

I think that is a great idea, but I think the "mini-site" should still look and navigate like a magazine, not a website.

ALSO

I have finished my super-duper-uber-rough-draft of my concept for the magazine (atleast the emailed part, I can form this into the actualy magazine too). This is a very rough draft and would love to hear your guys' opinions!

P.S. Does anyone have a good image I can put instead of the Marine? This image would most likely change every issue, but I think it should show the idea of map making and modding more. I just can't find anything good to use xD

Attachments:
sen the observer.png
Hits: 39 Size: 1118.24kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 3 2009, 5:00 am by konflikt.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 5:11 am DT_Battlekruser Post #24

I like it (for the email); and you're right that the magazine needs to read like a magazine.

We need to lock in one person who will be actually typesetting and formatting every issue for publication.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 5:26 am konflikt Post #25

Yeah having more than one person do the designs might get a little hectic and the issues might not be consistent.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 6:55 am rockz Post #26

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

linked and compressed it for ya, konflikt, even though 200 kB isn't a lot.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 3 2009, 8:43 am konflikt Post #27

Thanks rockz! :P

None.

Jul 3 2009, 4:19 pm DevliN Post #28

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That looks fantastic! Great use of the SC2 stuff. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 3 2009, 4:25 pm Echo Post #29

Good stuff. And nice Lorem Ipsum.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 5:16 pm Pyro682 Post #30

I really suggest we throw in the Observer (unit) to play on Observer more. Kevin's idea (Dark_SsjKevin) was really good, with the Half-wireframe-half-actual observer sprite for an image. Maybe an icon or something? Can someone make one of those?

None.

Jul 3 2009, 6:03 pm Excalibur Post #31

The sword and the faith

Quote from rockz
linked and compressed it for ya, konflikt, even though 200 kB isn't a lot.
Absolutely amazing.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 3 2009, 6:12 pm rockz Post #32

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Pyro682
I really suggest we throw in the Observer (unit) to play on Observer more. Kevin's idea (Dark_SsjKevin) was really good, with the Half-wireframe-half-actual observer sprite for an image. Maybe an icon or something? Can someone make one of those?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 3 2009, 6:28 pm Moose Post #33

We live in a society.

By the way, when you guys want to redesign SEN as a website... ^^

Jul 3 2009, 6:33 pm konflikt Post #34

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

The observer-half-wireframe idea and rockz's icon he made are good for an icon, but if we want to add something into the actual logo of the magazine, we'd need a much more hi-res image.

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
RIGHT NOW! :P I could help with that if you are really wanting to. xD

None.

Jul 3 2009, 7:21 pm rockz Post #35

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

SC doesn't go high res. That's the highest res it goes. It's meant to simply be an icon. I wanted to make an animated gif of some observers spelling out "the observer", but I don't feel like triggering it, and it wouldn't be perfectly looped, especially since I'd want to do it cursive or something.

Jul 3 2009, 9:46 pm Excalibur Post #36

The sword and the faith

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Hah yeah, someone needs to bring SEN into the SC2 age. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 4 2009, 5:34 am konflikt Post #37

What's SC2? :wtfage: xD

I could make a new design for SEN, but I doubt I could actually skin it since SEN is all custom coded. Someone else would have to do it :P

None.

Jul 4 2009, 6:50 am rockz Post #38

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

starcraft 2.

Jul 4 2009, 7:29 am InsolubleFluff Post #39

I can never see most the images :(! Can you pm an external link to konflikts design please?

None.

Jul 4 2009, 10:20 am DevliN Post #40

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from rockz
starcraft 2.
I think that was sarcasm. He even uses images related to SC2 in his sample.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum