Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Top 3 Guys who are "The Man"
Top 3 Guys who are "The Man"
Jun 23 2009, 6:12 pm
By: Hug A Zergling
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jul 1 2009, 5:06 am The Great Yam Post #21

Robert Johnson:

Legendary bluesman, such an amazing musician that he's been accused of selling his soul to the devil, having an uncredited second guitarist, and in one manga made about him, having ten fingers on one hand! Lived and died under mysterious circumstances and completely badass.

Patton Oswalt:

As far as I'm concerned this pudgy little man is about the funniest stand-up comedian ever.

Johnny Cash:

The picture is pretty self-explanatory, but this man put out 30+ of great music and is absolutely one of our American greats. He lived through alot of shit and kicked a really bad drug habit in order to be with the woman he loved.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 8:33 am Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Change of plans, heres the Number 1 "The Man"

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 1 2009, 8:58 am Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

Quote from The Great Yam
Patton Oswalt:

As far as I'm concerned this pudgy little man is about the funniest stand-up comedian ever.
Yay Patton! <3 Yam. ^^

I hope he releases a new album soon or at least does another TV special.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 1 2009, 9:02 am Echo Post #24

I don't agree with Dapperdan's first choice. Fedor is not a man....he is a god.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 7:06 pm lil-Inferno Post #25

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Dark_Marine

Niko is a total badass. Along with mostly every other GTA character (except CJ, who was a whiny bitch.)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 1 2009, 7:19 pm by JaFF.

Jul 1 2009, 7:31 pm Dapperdan Post #26

Quote from Echo
I don't agree with Dapperdan's first choice. Fedor is not a man....he is a god.

Good point . . .

None.

Jul 2 2009, 4:15 am Mr.Camo Post #27

Quote from lil-Inferno

Niko is a total badass. Along with mostly every other GTA character (except CJ, who was a whiny bitch.)

CJ was the best man, you a busta or somethin' nigga?

None.

Jul 2 2009, 12:35 pm JaFF Post #28

#1: Jason Becker:

In his early 20s (and before that), he was arguably the best guitarist ever to exist. Then he got a very rare disease - ALS - which robbed him of the the ability to move any muscles except those around his eyes (you can sometimes see him move his chin slightly). Though unable to speak or move, he communicates through a system of eye motions developed by his father. In this state, he still composes jaw-dropping music. Check out a song called "End of the Beginning", for example.

Most people with ALS die within 10 years of getting it. Jason lives on, writes music, and according to an interview with him, gained weight and control over a few more muscles.

#2: Mohandas Gandhi:

We all know what he did and how he did it. He's the man for sure.

#3: Marvin John Heemeyer

This positive-looking fella built an armoured bulldoser and used it to destroy the property and honor of those who were part of the machine that insolently fucked him. After all his main goals and most of his secondary goals were accomplished, he killed himself not to bear the shame of defeat and imprisionment.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 4:23 am Syphon Post #29

Jason Becker may have played damn well, but there's no argument about him being the best guitarist ever.

That honour belongs to either Bill Peck, or Michael Angelo Batio. I don't much care for their music, but they play guitar so well it would be criminal not to acknowledge them as the best ever. Peck can play legato harmonies while 8 finger tapping and sweep picking at the same time, and MAB can play over 30 notes per second without tremolo or sweep picking. Also, he can play two guitars at once, harmonising with each other, or completely different melodies.

Watch this video before you even attempt to debate MAB not being the best guitar player of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG74eVb6V10

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 3 2009, 4:29 am by Syphon.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 8:10 am JaFF Post #30

For me, a 'best guitarist' is the one who combines the best style, musical ideas and emotion, while being technically good enough to pull off all of that. If I wanted to make a statement about him being 'technically' the best, I would've used that word.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 1:30 pm Syphon Post #31

That's the best musician. The best guitarist is the one who can play guitar the best. You don't have to be a musician to be a guitarist. Aside from that, Jason Becker was just a shredder.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 2:24 pm JaFF Post #32

I disagree. There is a difference between 'best musician' and 'best guitarist', because some musical ideas are best on the guitar; and some people have more guitar-based ideas. Listen to a few guitar-based songs covered on the piano. You'll see that some of the covers sound great, while others are complete crap, even though their originals may be really good.

Becker's music encompasses all most widely used electro guitar techniques. Even though he was most knows for his shredding and sweeping, that's just a small part of his music.

None.

Jul 4 2009, 7:27 am Lingie Post #33

Quote from Mr.Camo
Quote from lil-Inferno

CJ was the best man, you a busta or somethin' nigga?

We're all secretly Balla's. Don't tell anyone.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jul 4 2009, 10:24 am Ultraviolet Post #34

George Carlin: Best comedian ever. Delivered a lot of truth through comedy.

Mr. Brooks: All around bad-ass. Wins man of the year award and kills people for fun in his spare time. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to.

God: Completely fictional character that approximately 62% of the world believes in (according to this). Not only do they believe in him, they believe he controls their lives and will take them to a magical place after they die to be happy for eternity. That's impressive for anyone, let alone a factional person.

Jul 5 2009, 5:30 am Syphon Post #35

George Carlin was supremely overrated.

He was a philosopher, not a comedian.

None.

Jul 5 2009, 8:56 pm KrayZee Post #36

I would say one guy: the legless black wheelchair man.

Click here

None.

Jul 6 2009, 2:51 pm Hug A Zergling Post #37

Quote from name:John F Kennedy
I would say one guy: the legless black wheelchair man.

Click here
Legs were only holding him down in UFC.

None.

Jun 14 2010, 6:03 pm Demented Shaman Post #38

1. Dexter Morgan

Blood spatter analyst and serial killer. Only kills bad guys.

2. Walter White

Cooks meth for a living and killed some people, did it for his family and the people he cares about.

3. Jack Bauer

Saved the country eight times. One source says his kill count is 266.

None.

Jun 14 2010, 7:48 pm poison_us Post #39

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:devilesk
2. Walter White

Cooks meth for a living and killed some people, did it for his family and the people he cares about.
No joke, this guy seriously looks like what my dad might've become if he had to do that. Take off about 10 years, add brown hair, a more cheerful (but not that much) appearance, and about 50 pounds at least, and you've got what my dad looks like. It's seriously creepin me out.

Jun 14 2010, 9:12 pm Riney Post #40

Thigh high affectionado

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum