By: 8882a  

Jun 4 2009, 1:21 am 8882a Post #1

I have no idea what to do:

1) we push the lurker to 2nd room
2) we push ling to 2nd room
3) WE CANNOT MAKE the lurker move to the triangle, so
4) we push lurker to 3rd room
5) we push 1 ling to 3rd room
6) I always played with sucky players, so the single ling could not push the lurker further
7) we have to kill some civilians (probably not the ones with hurt leg), but well... we tried the ones with hurt arm.. and GAME OVER

8) we cannot laod game - it always crashes, so reproducing step 1-6 is VERY hard

None.

Jun 4 2009, 1:23 am 8882a Post #2

not to mention that after like 5 minutes of struggle an overlord turns up and transports the lurker to first room (Actually first it goes to the ban area) - and the lurker gets stuck and cannot be pushed again; sorry for double post, couldnt find the "Edit button"

None.

Jun 4 2009, 1:42 am MadZombie Post #3

Hurt arm hurt leg? lolololool. Are you talking about the wireframe? because thats randomized, right?

Your not supposed to make the lurker jump to the next room. Your supposed to... move the lurker to the top right of the room it's in. I'm pretty sure their's like this little small pebble in the terrain. Thats where your supposed to move it (and maybe make it burrow). I can't remember, it's been a while.

Topic is in the wrong place too. lololo.

None.

Jun 4 2009, 2:20 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Lol, I'm your man (compared with Pigy_G, which knows nothing about puzzles)!
It's never about the Lurker, he's a lure xD
1st level, don't ask me why, you need to have all the three zerglings near the top right rock and this will open the door for the next room.
If ever you still need MOAR help, contact me by PM so I don't spread the answers to everybody? Or should I? :O

P.S. I've reached the first room of the 3rd level (so a total of 9 rooms solved ;P)
I just never had enough patient/competent players with me to pass that 3rd level... now that you talk about that map, I'll probably try tonight to beat some more rooms ^^

Oh, btw, IMPORTANT:
THE VERSION 1.0 IS UNBEATABLE BECAUSE THE MINERAL LEVEL (4th) IS RIGGED, DOWNLOAD THE VERSION 1.1 ATTACHED BELOW!!

Also, you may want to do more puzzles? I have an "official" puzzle-map topic: http://www.staredit.net/topic/5222/

Attachments:
TheOpticalRoom1.1.scx
Hits: 13 Size: 443.24kb

None.

Jun 5 2009, 11:28 am Vi3t-X Post #5

Read the Mission Objectives and solve the riddles.

None.

Jun 9 2009, 7:12 pm 8882a Post #6

ok what I got so far =
level 1) lurker stands on a spot, all players need to stand near this spot
2) there are 4 "white" spots, players need to form triangle 5 times there so scouts occur (test random configurations) and "tree" dissapears
then form a triangle by standing on the empty spots (where the two buildings where) and near the new building

3) ???

None.

Jun 9 2009, 8:47 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #7

Just here for the activity... well not really

Oh yeah, I remember when we were stuck in that mineral room >_>

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 9 2009, 9:46 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #8

👻 👾 👽 💪

I remember beating this. ;o The solutions to the puzzles are so arbitrary ...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 9 2009, 10:21 pm payne Post #9

The civilian room is actually very smart ^^
The one with spy is also neat :P
Some are very LOLWUT?

None.

Jun 10 2009, 5:06 pm Vi3t-X Post #10

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I remember beating this. ;o The solutions to the puzzles are so arbitrary ...
But some of the puzzles are kind of retarded. :ermm:

None.

Jun 12 2009, 8:33 pm lil-Inferno Post #11

Just here for the pie

What's the point of a guide to a puzzle map? That's no fun...

Jun 14 2009, 10:45 am 8882a Post #12

If I cant pass a room more then 2-3 times I will never play the map again. There are lots of other maps to try.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 3:36 am payne Post #13

The riddle of the 3rd room is actually talking about a monster's feet, as far as I remember (or tail?).
Consider that your zergling is a monster and find numbers related to him to enter with the civilian.
This should be enough ;)

None.

Options
  Back to forum