None.

Oct 18 2009, 8:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1142

d4 w/e

Oct 18 2009, 8:32 pm Xero Post #1143

Well so far, I've seen d4 being hosted. Didn't see any other versions

None.

Oct 18 2009, 9:55 pm Moose Post #1144

We live in a society.

Don't take Unholy's silence as a sign of neglect. He won't be posting for awhile as a result of some complications with the (other) staff. I won't tell you more, but I figure you guys at least deserve to know that much.

Oct 27 2009, 3:27 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1145

Regarding TS itself, anyone played M8? Weird vers, first saw it last night.

None.

Oct 27 2009, 6:24 pm Moose Post #1146

We live in a society.

It's become fixed and less weird, just FYI. :P

Oct 27 2009, 6:41 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1147

lol. Well the version I played had very different terrain, Marine was 7+3 I think it was, Mech had to buy upgrades at a Machine Shop like Vulture speed, and some assimilator locations were changed. I also think the Assassin's l2 has slight mana drain. I wanna check out all the changes directly but it's locked.

None.

Oct 27 2009, 7:18 pm Moose Post #1148

We live in a society.

Quote from DrakeClawfang
lol. Well the version I played had very different terrain, Marine was 7+3 I think it was, Mech had to buy upgrades at a Machine Shop like Vulture speed, and some assimilator locations were changed. I also think the Assassin's l2 has slight mana drain. I wanna check out all the changes directly but it's locked.
http://www.staredit.net/ts-changes/
http://www.staredit.net/topic/8877/

Oct 30 2009, 5:51 am ShredderIV Post #1149

Yeah, it's not that weird.

Another thing to be implemented in unholy's ts, is the solo test map moose implemented... It would be really cool, and has helped in learning and testing a lot, since you dont have to find a map on bnet to play it, you can just play it yourself.

None.

Nov 10 2009, 3:20 am DrakeClawfang Post #1150

So....reviving the topic, I recall at one time someone mentioned maybe the Archer could build Assimilators? Uses for this?

IMO, if Archer got Assimilators the first thing I think of is "cheap and fast building, very weak", to juxtapose the SCV's Armored Refineries. But I think it could get more creative than that.

None.

Nov 11 2009, 7:51 am UnholyUrine Post #1151

IMO, if Archer got Assimilators the first thing I think of is "cheap and fast building, very weak", to juxtapose the SCV's Armored Refineries. But I think it could get more creative than that.

I've thought of that, but others suggested a building that Gives mana (instead of minerals) over time for your entire team....
It doesn't fit Archer's theme, but it is an interesting idea...

As for the extractor being cheap and fast, yes it does juxtapose the armored refineries, but it doesn't match in balance, as both drones and SCV's are L2 spells (as of now...)

None.

Nov 12 2009, 1:32 am DrakeClawfang Post #1152

I remember the gas idea too. While it may not fit the Archer, it does open up a lot of new strategies. You could have the Archer be the focus of a mana-heavy team, helping boost his allies with Extractors to increase mana regen output.

None.

Nov 12 2009, 3:14 am OlimarandLouie Post #1153

I was thinking, maybe not making drone a spell, but another buy able base-building unit like the probe. It would cost an very small amount of money and would make buildings that have certain effects and statistics. The buildings would also be controlled by P7/P8 (except for hatchery/lair)
Examples: Spore colony is really cheap to build, but provides detector and defense against air units.
Sunken Colony does more damage then photon cannon, has slightly less HP, same armor.
Hatchery does nothing (would have larva removed via triggers perhaps?), but Lair would NOT have the larva removed.
Extractor gives faster mana regeneration by 1 level/periodic boosts of mana (increments of 15?)
Nydus Canal works the same way as the Nexus, but different entrance/exit locations?

These are just a few ideas that I think would make a really great addition in a future version of Tsiege :)

None.

Nov 12 2009, 1:13 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1154

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I was thinking, maybe not making drone a spell, but another buy able base-building unit like the probe. It would cost an very small amount of money and would make buildings that have certain effects and statistics. The buildings would also be controlled by P7/P8 (except for hatchery/lair)
Examples: Spore colony is really cheap to build, but provides detector and defense against air units.
Sunken Colony does more damage then photon cannon, has slightly less HP, same armor.
Hatchery does nothing (would have larva removed via triggers perhaps?), but Lair would NOT have the larva removed.
Extractor gives faster mana regeneration by 1 level/periodic boosts of mana (increments of 15?)
Nydus Canal works the same way as the Nexus, but different entrance/exit locations?

These are just a few ideas that I think would make a really great addition in a future version of Tsiege :)

The problem then is the same thing the Archer has to do now - produce several Drones to get any real usage out of them. You'd need to invest in a Drone first, then pay however much to produce a Hatchery, then pay however much to upgrade it into a Lair. Then you pay to mutate Drones, and pay to build with them, and when you run out you have to pay for more Drones.

It would just be too expensive IMO. Even if it would only cost like, 5 Minerals per Drove, that's still on top of each building's cost, and the 5 Minerals would add up quickly. Interesting idea, but I don't think it would work.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 2:10 pm Norm Post #1155

Wow, Don't hate on the idea. Zerg Buildings and drones play a decent role in another AoS and they are quite epic and useful if you know how to incorporate them correctly.

MP Extractors are a great idea (I use them and people like them), but the only thing I find sketchy about your suggestion is being able to morph larve.... that change might be too drastic and hard to balance.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 3:24 pm MEMEME670 Post #1156

Quote from Norm
Wow, Don't hate on the idea. Zerg Buildings and drones play a decent role in another AoS and they are quite epic and useful if you know how to incorporate them correctly.

MP Extractors are a great idea (I use them and people like them)

Ok, the idea is all and great, but i dont see MP extractors being used very much over money assimilators.

Unless you've got map control, you've got to make a choice, and assuming you have 2/3 bases, you have 4 geysers to work with.

2 of each gives you minimal of both (or atleast should)

3/1 gives you noticeable gain on one, and almost nonexistant gain on the other, and 4-0 isnt even worth talking about....

Also, we already have a mana pool that can be used for the same effect, but faster and more when you want it. Also can be made from the probe and wherever you want it.

None.

Nov 13 2009, 4:42 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1157

Quote from Norm
Wow, Don't hate on the idea.

I'll feel how I please, if I hate an idea I have the right to say so.

None.

Nov 14 2009, 12:33 am UnholyUrine Post #1158

Actually, larvae morph was removed solely due to hacks.. I'd have definately implemented the mechanic if I was able to risk people hacking :\ (Altho I technically can just set an anti-hack trigger..)

In fact, there is another idea for the drones.. which is give it to the Defiler as a second spell summon.... It fits and it would produce another gameplay for the Summoner...

FYI: To those that who don't know (which is 99.9% of everyone), the Summoner has been changed drastically, altho I am still aiming for further changes. First, it can now only summon 8 zlings, but still has the "if you have no zlings and haven't spawned any zlings for some time, you get extra zlings" counter. Second, it's second spell has be changed to spawning Infested Terrans around the defiler, plus making the defiler invincible during that period of time. I will definately change this spell tho... Lastly, it's L3 has been changed so that its energy is set to 100, and that Dark Swarms will be removed and create Infested terrans unburrowing. Also, any summons that are ... summoned .. during the duration of this spell.. will spawn where the last Dark Swarm was cast... This still needs a few tweaks, but I like the idea.
Generally, I'm trying to make it so that the summoner has to come out of it's lil hidey-hole in order to be more effective. Therefore, giving it Drones as L2 would make it even easier to just stay at the base and let its summons do the work.

Another problem is that the Archer'd require another spell (not TOO hard considering... guardians :P).... .. Plus, giving the defiler even more ways to gain mana would make it even more OP.

Currently, this spell requires only mana, and its buildings all only cost mana... Also remember that nydus canals can be used..

Interesting Idea but sloppy to do...

None.

Nov 14 2009, 5:38 pm MEMEME670 Post #1159

Quote from UnholyUrine
Generally, I'm trying to make it so that the summoner has to come out of it's lil hidey-hole in order to be more effective.

Wouldnt you have to make it so the Zlings are much less effective to do this?

Currently, even with w/e changes you make, if zlings are effective enough at exping/basekilling, then there still wont be a major point to get those spells.

I doubt you havent realized this, but you didnt point anything out of the sort in your post, so i have to ask.

None.

Nov 15 2009, 5:02 am DrakeClawfang Post #1160

Yeah, I wouldn't say the problem is the Summoner. The lings are just so efficient once upgraded the Summoner has no need to come out of the base. Yes, the new spells will give it incentive to do so, but with Dark Swarm the Summoner as-is has plenty of incentive to come out. And yet, sometimes I do see Summoner players come out. I think the problem is with the mindset of the Summoner and the effectiveness of the lings, not its spells.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 56 57 58 59 6070 >
  Back to forum