Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 55 56 57 58 5970 >

Oct 10 2009, 12:14 am Xero Post #1121

I had a game where my partner was Psion and orange was Warrior. Orange was complaining that the Psion's L1 is rigged because it drains mana and the combo lets Psion to do more damage. So it's a mana drain and an additional attack. He's obviously a sore loser and couldn't play Warrior right, but tell me what you guys think. Psion's L1 combo vs. Warrior's L2?

None.

Oct 10 2009, 12:34 am xYoshix Post #1122

My opinion is that psion is total trash :S

None.

Oct 10 2009, 5:14 am FlashBeer Post #1123

I think Psion needs some kind of improvement as well. Psion is pretty much only good vs mech (but mech can still slaughter psion with tanks) and vs Archer. Psion only get kills vs noobs, or using l3 on low hp heroes, or with the help of teammates.

I think psion needs either-
more summonable goons, or perhaps something like scouts to help vs small units. (more psion dmg per up to compensate)
or perhaps a partial dmg spell for his l2, perhaps instead of 8 seconds of invincibility it gives 5 seconds to teammates and recharges your shields to full (no invince for you) and creates some scouts or some goons.
Or for a new final, (or final while arb is out) creates like 8 supercharged volts for 1 attack.
Or create like 5 invincible mobile goons for 5 seconds.

None.

Oct 10 2009, 6:34 pm Xero Post #1124

I do think a scout attack would help. It'll be interesting and allows the Psion to go split upgrades if you want to. Psion pretty much stands even with mech and archer. Against smaller units, not so much.
Lol, wouldn't 8 supercharged volts be kinda OP? Considering the ups Psion would have by the time L4 comes around with sufficient mana.

None.

Oct 10 2009, 8:06 pm killer_sss Post #1125

from what i've seen the mana drain can be extremly helpful early game. It forces the enemy out of the area or suffer the consequences which not only takes mana but gives it to the psion.

l2 is great for group attacks/defends.

l3 is pretty bad when used all alone but is a great escape and can be good for trapping opponents. Any time an ally is near lategame to help this almost certainly causes death.

l4 is great for instant heal beyond that it isn't much help unless your facing an opponent who cant possibly kill it.

the double l1 is very decent for micro even against smaller units early game because you can just dance arround it.

imo its a helper hero and does the job pretty well.

None.

Oct 10 2009, 9:29 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1126

I think Mr. Psion is a pretty good support hero too, although it's not one for pvp (unless assisted) It's l2 can make a great... oh what's the word.. (example: psion uses l2 when psion is about to die.)

Anyhow, Question for anyone who knows: Is the normal vulture going to be made into a hero?

None.

Oct 10 2009, 10:08 pm FlashBeer Post #1127

Quote from killer_sss
from what i've seen the mana drain can be extremly helpful early game. It forces the enemy out of the area or suffer the consequences which not only takes mana but gives it to the psion.

l2 is great for group attacks/defends.

l3 is pretty bad when used all alone but is a great escape and can be good for trapping opponents. Any time an ally is near lategame to help this almost certainly causes death.

l4 is great for instant heal beyond that it isn't much help unless your facing an opponent who cant possibly kill it.

the double l1 is very decent for micro even against smaller units early game because you can just dance arround it.

imo its a helper hero and does the job pretty well.

Yea, l1 is good early game, but late game when heroes have 300+ mana, drain is hardly anything, especially when it only takes them 2 seconds to kill you with a powerful spell— so maybe they lose 20 mana and you gain 20, that's not that helpful. I also found out that it only gives a max of 2 mana, even if you are draining more than 1 player.

I agree than l2 can save himself and allies, but this is just a defensive spell, as almost all his spells are.

l3 is one decent pker (still a bit more defensive), but if we are drawing comparisions, Sin's l2 costs less than half as much and works better as Sin does more dmg and is completely cloaked at night.

l4 is great for healing, but again, defensive. I find it more of a less-efficient version of Sin's l1 (more delay)

double l1 is okay early game, but isn't offensive enough late game, all meleers could get you 'dancing' (snare, lurks, warrior l3&l2, any volt's spells, cept bat).

imo, he's almost strictly defensive, with the majority of offensive either a pk assist or minor cannon killing (which cannons still take a long time to kill)

I think he should have more assist/defensive capabilities if not more offensive ones. l2 should also make buildings invincible, like cannons, pylons, sims— that way he isn't stuck in his base casting only self-defensive spells, while the mutant/warrior destroys his base.

Psion doesn't need an arb as much as he needs a new spell. However he could still have another l4 after he makes an arb. Maybe the Void shifter should always have void under it when in range of the Psion, that way you don't need to cast voids for your spells (however, it could still die to heroes) or perhaps for an l4b, all spawns under the shifter are killed, and for each spawn killed, you get a mineral, or all spawns in the void (friend or foe) are made invincible and given to you for a few seconds, then die. Or perhaps one that raises the AoE of your void spells.

None.

Oct 11 2009, 11:51 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1128

General gameplay question, as someone looking to improve his Light Mage game. Under what circumstances, what type of match-up, would you use the Level 3 spell for? I know it has uses of course, and I do use it, I'm just wondering if I'm using it properly.

None.

Oct 12 2009, 12:00 am killer_sss Post #1129

me personally i'd use it for those long range dmg types as you probably will not kill them with your reavers and l3 is a good way to trap them.

None.

Oct 12 2009, 12:15 am ClansAreForGays Post #1130

Lv3's primary purpose is to counter assault.

Also, while players like HP warrior can sometimes survive your lv1+lv2 combo to hit you during the lv1 cool down, nothing makes it out of a Lv1+Lv3 combo alive(maybe chaos mutation, maybe)

Oct 12 2009, 12:35 am Xero Post #1131

I've seen a L3+L1 used on assassin before. He stood no chance lol. Kinda like seeing a dt vaporize ^^

None.

Oct 12 2009, 2:21 am MEMEME670 Post #1132

IMO: L3 is more useful then countering assault.

Although you are forced to (unless you know how to do it right) use l1 and then l3, it works for sin at night, works as a trapping move for pesky hp chars that you know you cant kill by yourself (warrior has l4 or something) but you know your allies can kill if he would just stand still.

Its also a nice move because when used in certain situations it can trap foes that are wreaking havok (supercharged volt, chaos mutation)

Normally not worth getting until mid/late game, and only if L2 isnt cutting it for you or you want l4.

EDIT: Remembered assault changed from firebat to marine. Works for killing his dropships late game too.

None.

Oct 12 2009, 3:59 am killer_sss Post #1133

Quote from Xero
I've seen a L3+L1 used on assassin before. He stood no chance lol. Kinda like seeing a dt vaporize ^^

I still don't understand what business a dt has picking on a lightmage mid-lategame. This is just stupid to me. It would be better to hit him mid game and try and trigger his l1,l3 and teleport away, especially without casting delay in 1.5. Its pretty easy to kill a foolish dt at night time.

Again i find best use is for those annoying chars that like to try and pk me with either range or extra hp/defenses. Very nice for scoring points on a player not paying attention with either drop or sci vessle.

None.

Oct 14 2009, 3:04 am Xero Post #1134

Hey, does anyone know when 1.6 is comin out?

None.

Oct 14 2009, 5:54 am killer_sss Post #1135

its not lol. unholy is working on something else that has caught his attention. If u haven't nopticed he hasn't even post here in quite some time.

None.

Oct 18 2009, 12:35 am Xero Post #1136

Eh, he should've continued to work on this. I was really looking forward to all the new updates. :-(

None.

Oct 18 2009, 4:24 pm killer_sss Post #1137

me 2 but i've lost all faith in him and i think this will be last post in 1.5 unless he actually produces the next version.

i was mostt looking forward to the terrain and the change to light mage. ohwell i guess unholy gave us extremely nice fantasies :(

None.

Oct 18 2009, 7:58 pm FlashBeer Post #1138

You make it sound like he died.

None.

Oct 18 2009, 8:08 pm Xero Post #1139

I wonder how he can stop working on a map that has high replayabilty for another map with a low one. People love AoS, so feed them. I dunno. I just think it would make more sense to make a popular map than to make one that's going to be played now and then.

My 2 cents

None.

Oct 18 2009, 8:15 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1140

Others are picking up where he left off.

If v1.5d was as big a hit as v1.4 he'd probably still be working on it. It's pretty de-motivating seeing unofficial versions of your map being hosted more than your official one. you only have yourselves to blame/thank.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 55 56 57 58 5970 >
  Back to forum