Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 53 54 55 56 5770 >

Sep 16 2009, 6:42 am Jack Post #1081

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Yeh, cuz ultimoo totally wasn't making a joke.
No, obviously he wasn't. Ultimo never cracks jokes or laughs.

[/SARCASM]

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 16 2009, 7:57 pm xYoshix Post #1082

Item's are gonna ruin the game. Kinda like how 1.5 and new m versions are screwing with heroes >.<

None.

Sep 16 2009, 9:58 pm killer_sss Post #1083

Quote from xYoshix
Item's are gonna ruin the game. Kinda like how 1.5 and new m versions are screwing with heroes >.<

the funny thing is they have both destroyed the same hero lol (fbat). If unholy's new version ever gets out i expect this will make the bat a bit better.

As of right now The bat has the advantage at the very begin with mines and splash. His l2 is decent and very helpful. His l3 is pretty weak atm and thanks to me and other complaing about armor on refineries its pretty worthless as a l3.

His l4 is great if you can get it out early but since mines aren't invinible the rines just crush them. As for heros this doesn't even affect them unless your massing mines. Even then the team is bound to have 1 hero that can just soak the dmg up and kill them all or have enough dmg to instant kill them. I think his biggest problem is he can't kill buildings.

I think he could use a buildable/controlable siege tank to help with this or a New L4 altogether as it just isnt getting the job done any more being non invincible and non/building killing.

None.

Sep 17 2009, 1:31 am Norm Post #1084

Quote from name:zany_001
I doubt I will have time for this, at least this year, so if Ultimo and norm wanna try then I'll not try.

No, I'm not going to touch this map.

None.

Sep 17 2009, 2:08 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1085

Just here for the activity... well not really

I think TS is the super-simplified AoS, and should just be Heroes + Spawns. If you'd like to make another AoS or a DotA, items are viable if you want to make it complex, and thus more strategical.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 17 2009, 2:09 am Norm Post #1086

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
I think TS is the super-simplified AoS, and should just be Heroes + Spawns. If you'd like to make another AoS or a DotA, items are viable if you want to make it complex, and thus more strategical.

Someone should do this... :ermm: I don't know if anyone even wants a more strategical or complex AoS tough...

None.

Sep 17 2009, 11:51 pm Biophysicist Post #1087

Already working on it.

None.

Sep 18 2009, 1:28 am Norm Post #1088

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Already working on it.

Redundant. Only one AoS can be the greatest on SC...

It's hard to tell which one it's going to be though...

None.

Sep 25 2009, 8:54 pm DrakeClawfang Post #1089

Another question, UU. Some spells that kill spawn units, like the Warrior's Stun or the Marine's Level 1, kill the Ghosts spawned by the Phantom's Level 4. Is this intended?

None.

Sep 25 2009, 9:58 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1090

Quote from DrakeClawfang
Another question, UU. Some spells that kill spawn units, like the Warrior's Stun or the Marine's Level 1, kill the Ghosts spawned by the Phantom's Level 4. Is this intended?
Probably not, but those ghosts don't stay on the field long enough to be a balance issue in my opinion. (They do fire one-shot then disappear in all the versions I've played)

None.

Sep 25 2009, 10:03 pm killer_sss Post #1091

The problem is if he does change this all they need to do is use warriors l3 before they all transform thereby killing the halciantions.

UU has forgoten about this anyhow so we wont be seeing any fixes to this. All the changes he thought of are on permanent hold for his 09 rpg challeneg map which he is currently working on.

None.

Sep 25 2009, 10:14 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1092

He's working on an RPG map? :| I'm never the first to find out about such things

None.

Sep 26 2009, 4:51 am killer_sss Post #1093

meh that is what he said in a terrain thread. i always scan forums looking for information and up until i spotted that i fully expected him to finish up on 1.5. Now, i know this is a dream.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 5:05 am FlashBeer Post #1094

Actually, it was purposely implemented. He went out of his way to trigger it. I think that stuns should kill hallus, as phantom would be untouchable to any melee unit, when surrounded by his hallus and l4 ready.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 5:07 am killer_sss Post #1095

Quote from FlashBeer
Actually, it was purposely implemented. He went out of his way to trigger it. I think that stuns should kill hallus, as phantom would be untouchable to any melee unit, when surrounded by his hallus and l4 ready.
flash it kills the actually units too, Not just the halcinations. Once L4 is triggerd it switches them and zeal L3 killes both halcinations and those units transformed.

None.

Sep 27 2009, 7:16 am DrakeClawfang Post #1096

Yeah, killing the halls is fine, it's the killing of actual ghosts I hate.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 5:29 am DrakeClawfang Post #1097

I have to report this. The most epic game of Temple Siege I've ever played.

It was 1.4 M6. The game started out bad, I was on bottom temple as Warrior with a LM and Marine, they were Ling, Mech and Archer. The LM was eliminated before the first night, but we captured top and bottom, they got mid. We took out Blue twice but Marine was eliminated too and I got on my last life, leaving me as Warrior against Ling, Mech and Archer. I eliminated blue's last life, leaving me against Mech (2 lives left) and Ling (all lives). They claimed all outposts over time and Mech got his L4. A few close calls left me scrambling to base with a few hundred HP, but I survived somehow, I don't know how.

I got my Level 3 spell and was able to eliminate the Mech on my own, leaving me alone with the Ling. Already on my last life, I managed to get him down to one life too. By this time were were at Marines and the Ling had broken in. I waited, pooled my Civs, and jumped over Zealots to top-level Hydra spawn. They managed to push the spawn back a bit, but the Ling built like, six Cy Cores and sent Reavers at me from all three points. I used my L3 to hold off the Reavers, and of course the Ling and I fought. There were some close calls on both sides, my stun stopped the Ling but he had upped HP and I just couldn't kill him. Besides, I knew I had lost when the Reavers began pushing back in. Still, I decided to go out in style. I ran into his base in a final act of defiance and killed a pylon on the temple, then narrowly made it back to my base to heal. By this time, my base was entirely overrun without me to protect it. Exhausted of mana, and honestly damn tired of the game, I faced the Ling one final time and was killed.

I'm amazed I did so well for my skill level, able to go 3v1 and level the playing field to 1v1, and then lasting as long as I did when their team controlled the map. The game took an hour and a quarter, and is easily the most epic game I've ever played. I had to sit back and wipe my brow of sweat when it was done. I was physically exhausted, really. My one regret is that I never got my Level 4, which could have helped endure the Reavers.

None.

Sep 28 2009, 5:38 am Jack Post #1098

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DrakeClawfang
I have to report this. The most epic game of Temple Siege I've ever played.

It was 1.4 M6. The game started out bad, I was on bottom temple as Warrior with a LM and Marine, they were Ling, Mech and Archer. The LM was eliminated before the first night, but we captured top and bottom, they got mid. We took out Blue twice but Marine was eliminated too and I got on my last life, leaving me as Warrior against Ling, Mech and Archer. I eliminated blue's last life, leaving me against Mech (2 lives left) and Ling (all lives). They claimed all outposts over time and Mech got his L4. A few close calls left me scrambling to base with a few hundred HP, but I survived somehow, I don't know how.

I got my Level 3 spell and was able to eliminate the Mech on my own, leaving me alone with the Ling. Already on my last life, I managed to get him down to one life too. By this time were were at Marines and the Ling had broken in. I waited, pooled my Civs, and jumped over Zealots to top-level Hydra spawn. They managed to push the spawn back a bit, but the Ling built like, six Cy Cores and sent Reavers at me from all three points. I used my L3 to hold off the Reavers, and of course the Ling and I fought. There were some close calls on both sides, my stun stopped the Ling but he had upped HP and I just couldn't kill him. Besides, I knew I had lost when the Reavers began pushing back in. Still, I decided to go out in style. I ran into his base in a final act of defiance and killed a pylon on the temple, then narrowly made it back to my base to heal. By this time, my base was entirely overrun without me to protect it. Exhausted of mana, and honestly damn tired of the game, I faced the Ling one final time and was killed.

I'm amazed I did so well for my skill level, able to go 3v1 and level the playing field to 1v1, and then lasting as long as I did when their team controlled the map. The game took an hour and a quarter, and is easily the most epic game I've ever played. I had to sit back and wipe my brow of sweat when it was done. I was physically exhausted, really. My one regret is that I never got my Level 4, which could have helped endure the Reavers.
Cool, man! I've had more epic games, but that feeling you get when the odds are against you and you're pumped with adrenalen, just awesome.

Anyway, some tips:next time, get lvl4.
Don't give up, with max hp and lvl4, you are near invincible.
Reavers are good feed, lvl4 and all those minerals make you REALLY powerful.

Good job though!

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 28 2009, 7:00 am DrakeClawfang Post #1099

Thanks. The problem was that I had no sims, I should have built some but I didn't, so I had very little cash and spent a few strays Civs on spawn number and Minerals that should have gone to HP and spell upping. But yeah, I think I did well. I was almost hoping I didn't win because if I did it would be embarrassing for me and them, I'm really not all that good and to win 3v1...

None.

Sep 28 2009, 7:46 pm killer_sss Post #1100

general tip never up spawn when your are facing a ling. He is just too good at killing masses. Also If you know the odds are against you you should try and kill one warp gate. This drastically helps when trying to keep spawn away. If you can defend from two directions instead of three you can save yourself a assload of mana. The is something about that third direction that just messes everything up.

good job though. If only you had one decent ally to help you a bit lol.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 53 54 55 56 5770 >
  Back to forum