Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1.6
Temple Siege v1.6
Feb 12 2009, 6:20 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 27 28 29 30 3170 >

May 16 2009, 7:11 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #561

if we add a secret hero this could do bad against noobs and for it to be out of tourney means seriously no point and making a regular version with a lurker....If there are problems fine take him out. The game is fine with two new heros and also very valuable spells that actually work pretty good :D

My Opinion if its a hassle and has to much conflict between ling and lurker. Then scrap the lurker and keep the ling and set the attack back down so that the lings 3 isn't so powerful and no one would complain about the spell. If it was seriously that important to have a lurker then add obs scout and a flying banana! More isn't always better keep it back with the orginal and don't modfiy any more heros than it should :P

btw if its not already been suggested add air units to spells if you having problems figureing out some good ones. like two scouts as guards like to a unit it can be a passive one where if there like face to face to the unit two scouts will appear by it side and fight but once the person runs away they will disappear and if something else will attack they will reappear
Low damage but non killable :P maybe a spell for a slow unit who needs alittle extra help and a trigger where the scouts cant run to far away

also is the guardain and bc used? they could be used as laser shots like form dbz :D just a suggestion

None.

May 18 2009, 6:21 am UnholyUrine Post #562

Hey Guys...
Guess what???

I Think I'm ready to release the next "Beta (still)" version of Temple Siege v1.5!!
It's still "beta" solely because of possible imbalances that I have no seen yet, and the impending crisis of the Earth Demon...

One most stunning thing that you'll see in this version is the change to Dark mage, and Psion. Also the new ability to choose all random or let you choose your own hero.

Tell me if there's anything that's broken.
Fixed: Location overlap for forced random
Fixed: LM L1 uninvincibility

HERE IT IS!!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 19 2009, 12:03 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

May 18 2009, 11:31 am Iceman16 Post #563

Is the force random after 3 seconds intentional?

None.

May 18 2009, 6:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #564

There is no force random after 3 seconds.. you must've been playing with sm1 who moved the civ to the spamming floor hatch to pick random... the beacon to the right = choose own hero which allows u to choose ur hero.

None.

May 18 2009, 10:12 pm Iceman16 Post #565

I choose the right beacon at the beginning of the game and after about 3 seconds everyone is forced to random. Also I haven't been playing 1.5 that often but has the LM's L1 invincibility been taken away?

None.

May 18 2009, 10:56 pm UnholyUrine Post #566

Okay i found the problem... I can't believe I didn't come across the first one :flamer:
It's due to the All random thing still working even tho people have chosen to choose own hero... so when sm1 walks there, it goes all random.

I fixed the LM's L1 .. wow i can't believe I didn't notice it :O... UGH :stfu:

*Note* the fixed versions are the currently attached ones :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 19 2009, 2:02 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

May 19 2009, 12:34 am ShredderIV Post #567

I also saw the random glitch. Glad you fixed it.

Also, can you go over what the new dm l4 is supposed to do again? I didn't quite get it. Otherwise, good work. the only concern I have is with dms broods. The +1 ups are way too easy for ppl to get around with armor, since armor costs less. Maybe +2 ups? They don't attack very fast either, so it's not like making dm as strong as summoner summons.

And the new terrain isn't in is it?

None.

May 19 2009, 12:55 am killer_sss Post #568

Quote from ShredderIV
I also saw the random glitch. Glad you fixed it.

Also, can you go over what the new dm l4 is supposed to do again? I didn't quite get it. Otherwise, good work. the only concern I have is with dms broods. The +1 ups are way too easy for ppl to get around with armor, since armor costs less. Maybe +2 ups? They don't attack very fast either, so it's not like making dm as strong as summoner summons.

And the new terrain isn't in is it?

the ups are fine and the broods are fine. they attack rather fast they own non upped lings if all stats are equal. personally id like to see the dark mage go down to 3 or even 2 broods per casting because that is just rapage in exping. combine with the mael vs bio it just owns lol. but great otherwise.

None.

May 19 2009, 2:10 am ShredderIV Post #569

It's not broods vs. Lings, it's broods vs heroes, especially for dm's l4.

20 atk ups = 10+12+...+48 = 580 mins

26 def ups (broods 6 atk) = 10+11+...+36 = approx. 621 mins

And this is at 20 atk. As the ups go up, it becomes easier for them to ignore the brood's dmg, which especially sux for l4.

My math also only applies to units who start with 0 armor. Mech, for example, starts with 2, which reduces this by 71 mins, which makes it less costly than the dm's atk ups...

None.

May 19 2009, 5:49 am killer_sss Post #570

They don't attack very fast either, so it's not like making dm as strong as summoner summons.
They don't attack very fast either, so it's not like making dm as strong as summoner summons. its to this comment to which i was refering. Since they do attack quite fast and with the new way l4 works will become more powerful. The dm's exp will also shoot up much faster due to his new ability to storm alot at begin and later on use broods to feed even more effiently.

Also, your math discludes the fact that they wont put any ups into attack which generally most people do. You are also assumign that they will be roughly the same exp level which is not always the case and the same goes for assiming. Granted 1v1 at exact same stats the dm may not do any dmg with broods but his l1 is a very good stun and he can then walk in and bash you with the mage himself which will make short work of you.

None.

May 20 2009, 5:21 pm UnholyUrine Post #571

Hi Guys! I have edited my first post, and got around to editing the changelist.. Here it is!

Here's the changelist.. I have removed changes from v1.4 to v1.4M
Temple Siege Change List

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2009, 5:31 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

May 21 2009, 12:00 am xYoshix Post #572

Quote from UnholyUrine
TERRAIN/PATHING
* New Terrain by Mneox and xYoshix
Crossed Out? Why? :-(

None.

May 21 2009, 12:03 am UnholyUrine Post #573

Cause juu not done yet >:C

I also will be implementing an anti-ally killing for ez experience... for medic, dark orb... and sci-ves. (the rest is not possible w/ the triggers)

None.

May 21 2009, 12:09 am xYoshix Post #574

It would be much easier if you just switched to kills to cash perfect :omfg: so you can adjust the rewards for each unit. You can make things like Medics and DAs feed less exp. Give each unit different mins, exp, etc.

None.

May 21 2009, 3:04 am killer_sss Post #575

da is quite powerful now. I've actually played her and its much easier to do many things. broods give massive storm ability and if anyone wants to fuck with u just cast ensnare thats free as well now lol. personally the broods should be cut id say 2 broods or 3 broods and the consume cost 15 or 10 or whatever it was.

also new psion rocks. the mana drain is very powerful at begin and decent later on. The goon is just freaking awesome he makes psion so much more versitale. And my fav you can still cast another spel after casting goon :)

medic is alot better with the spell set to 20-30% more based on team hp ups. Although the medic herself doesn't need to spend any on hp which still drives me bonkers but i guess i can live with it. Her L3 is a bit more useful now and i guess will sufice for now :\

the zealot is too strong. The shield increase on the l1 was unecessary. it makes him invulnerable to rines now. He just feeds if you send the spawn at him. I'm iffy about the total shields being bumped to 150 it was fine before but if you plan to cut down hp i can make a case for it although hp needs to go to 5500 or below.

archer double hydra spawn is overpowered. Its too much free mana. The cooldown either needs to be much bigger or remove it. I vote for remove beacuse most of the time you can outlast the cooldown regardless.

I think thats about all i tested effectively.

None.

May 23 2009, 2:58 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #576

Just here for the activity... well not really

UU, I don't think Phantom is an average grinder, especially with +5 and rines for easy exp

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 25 2009, 2:24 pm ShredderIV Post #577

Hey, been playing 1.5d and I have some concerns.

One thing I've found is in the spawn system coupled with the reduced kill experience. The problem is, with most heroes that are close ranged, they don't have enough experience by the time the spawn changes to take on the upgraded spawn this makes it so they are extremely underpowered. Also, the reduced experience just makes the game go too long... It makes it almost boring to me at least. No offense.

None.

May 25 2009, 4:17 pm UnholyUrine Post #578

@l)ark
okay... you may be right.

@Shredder..
Really??? I found the speed perfect for me :\ .. But I was never a hardcore TS guy..
What'd u guys think? Should I return it back to the original exp speed?? It may create dramatic differences between heroes, and cause people to think that things are imbalanced.

I am aware that Melee heroes are of disadvantage currently.... This is something that only much testing and playing will allow us to come up with something to balance it...
I don't want to take out the current spawn leader thing. It is a perfect system that balances Psion, Medic, and Summoner... Altho it disbalances other things XD... it adds more to the gameplay.
I've played the Mutant, and the mutant is fine for me. (I won one game.. and I lost another.. tho i lost because it was 2v1 :P)

So out of these melee units, which one d'you think requires balancing??
  • Assassin - only way to maybe balance this is to add more HP or starting Armor(which'd make me sad, since assassin is still the ONLY hero that has NO changes Whatsoever)
  • Dark MageScratch.. fixed with the new L1.. more spells orientated (storm/ensnare/consume)
  • Mutant - more HP or more starting armor?
  • Assault (firebat) - still an above average grinder, and gets exp faster than most people... Altho, most people die with firebat once early game due to the marine spawn leader. Its Hp is already 4800, but if needed, we can give it more starting armor.
  • Summoner's Zlings - should be fixed with the new xtra lings spell counter.. altho the spell counter may be lengthened to 20 secs for 2 lings, and 40 secs for 3 lings.. similarity, the archer's companion counter will be lengthened to 40 secs for 2.
  • Warrior - should be okay with the shields now at 150... sm1 has already complained that it's OP.

So, from my preliminary theorizing.. it seems that only the Mutant and/or Assassin would need to be upgraded.. but these two heroes can be deemed "untouchable".. as pro players can still work magic with these ones.

None.

May 25 2009, 10:49 pm JrOSTAD Post #579

May i make a suggestion for a spell for the earth deamon?

None.

May 25 2009, 10:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #580

.. Just say it.... <.< don't have to ask.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 27 28 29 30 3170 >
  Back to forum