Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Puzzle Topic
The Puzzle Topic
Nov 17 2008, 1:04 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 >

Dec 8 2008, 5:19 pm Symmetry Post #321

Dungeon Master

...I'm not even sure what I meant. Carry on.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 8 2008, 9:58 pm ForTheSwarm Post #322

FatalException got it right.

The store is one-sixth of a timezone away and you cross that distance at amazing speeds because your car is secretly the Concorde.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 10:53 pm Vi3t-X Post #323

That made no sense whatsoever.

One Hundred and Thirty Nine Birds lay on the Farmer's Fence. With excellent aim and precision, he managed to kill two thirds of them.
How many remain of the Farmer's Fence?

None.

Dec 8 2008, 11:00 pm ForTheSwarm Post #324

Zero. Zip. Nada. The rest all flew away.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 11:07 pm Vi3t-X Post #325

In the English Language, there is a word that consists of Five letters. Adding two more makes the word shorter.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 11:36 pm Dapperdan Post #326

The word is "shorter". :omfg:

None.

Dec 9 2008, 12:06 am ForTheSwarm Post #327

Actually, the word is "short". :D

None.

Dec 9 2008, 12:10 am Dapperdan Post #328

NO U. :disgust:

None.

Dec 9 2008, 12:25 am Vi3t-X Post #329

Explain the following word puzzle:

Gener______ation

None.

Dec 9 2008, 12:46 am ForTheSwarm Post #330

A gap between generations?

None.

Dec 9 2008, 12:55 am Vi3t-X Post #331

What has four fingers and one thumb, but does not consist flesh, fish, bone and/or fowl?

None.

Dec 9 2008, 1:08 am NudeRaider Post #332

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

a glove

Dec 9 2008, 1:39 am NudeRaider Post #333

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The Horror-Ride

You sit in a car, driving with constant speed. Left of you there's a hill side, on your right is a fire truck driving alongside. Right in front of you there's a pig galoping, larger than your car and a few metres behind you, just above ground level, there's a helicopter chasing you.

What do you do to safely escape this situation?

Dec 9 2008, 1:46 am MadZombie Post #334

larger than your car

Okay im not really good with using commas but are you saying the pig is larger than your car or the helicopter? Idk maybe the constand speed is 0. D:

None.

Dec 9 2008, 1:52 am NudeRaider Post #335

Quote from MadZombie
larger than your car

Okay im not really good with using commas but are you saying the pig is larger than your car or the helicopter? Idk maybe the constand speed is 0. D:
Uhm sorry, the one thing I will never get in ANY language is how to correctly use commas. I'm not even sure if the grammatical order of the sentence is correct. I tried a few versions, but none sounded right, so I just wrote something. ;)
I'd be thankful to be corrected.
The pig is larger than your car, maybe even larger than the helicopter :)

And no, the speed is definitely higher than 0, how high actually doesn't matter.

Dec 9 2008, 2:00 am A_of-s_t Post #336

aka idmontie

Constant velocity can be zero >.> Definition of velocity is speed with direction and his speed can be 0 :P

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 9 2008, 2:53 am ForTheSwarm Post #337

Jump out of the car onto the hillside.

None.

Dec 9 2008, 3:23 am FatalException Post #338

Or go a little further, then back up, turn around and drive away, because if the hillside and the helicopter are that close, the helicopter's rotor would be smashing itself to pieces on the hill.
Quote from ForTheSwarm
FatalException got it right.

The store is one-sixth of a timezone away and you cross that distance at amazing speeds because your car is secretly the Concorde.
... You serious? :wtfage:

None.

Dec 9 2008, 3:39 am EzDay281 Post #339

what is this "secretly the concorde" thing? Dx I've heard it like, three times at school today.
And aren't time zones divided only by hours ( except for a single half-hour region ) ?
That'd be like, "It took me 6x9 months to produce this baby, because I only had 1/6 of a woman to gestate it."

None.

Dec 9 2008, 3:45 am FatalException Post #340

... You serious too? I just thought of it because I needed a really fast vehicle to put in there...

Timezones are divided only by hours, but if you're talking about the time as a number that completely accurately describes your position relative to the sun, crossing one-sixth of a timezone would cause a change of 10 minutes. Your counterexample doesn't make any sense. :|

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 >
  Back to forum