Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Puzzle Topic
The Puzzle Topic
Nov 17 2008, 1:04 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 18 >

Dec 7 2008, 5:54 am FatalException Post #301

"Do you know which of these doors is in front of the treasure?"

If you get the truth-teller, they'll tell you which door has the treasure. If you get the liar, they'll say they don't know.

None.

Dec 7 2008, 12:23 pm NudeRaider Post #302

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from FatalException
"Do you know which of these doors is in front of the treasure?"

If you get the truth-teller, they'll tell you which door has the treasure. If you get the liar, they'll say they don't know.
So you only 50% of getting the treasure. Which isn't our goal.
Also your question implies another (where is the door). But there's only 1 question allowed, so the knight will just say yes.

Dec 7 2008, 4:43 pm Dapperdan Post #303

Nude, you already got the question right. And fatal's your answer does not work... because asking the knight if he knows which door will not get him to tell you which door the treasure behind. He'll just say yes or no.

None.

Dec 7 2008, 5:50 pm Vi3t-X Post #304

How much wood could woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

None.

Dec 7 2008, 6:04 pm Dapperdan Post #305

Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3. However, Chuck Norris' awesome roundhouse kick declares that all decimal points cannot be used in formulas such as this, and so it must be rounded to the final solution of 69 units of wood.

None.

Dec 7 2008, 6:15 pm Conspiracy Post #306

Quote from Dapperdan
Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3. However, Chuck Norris' awesome roundhouse kick declares that all decimal points cannot be used in formulas such as this, and so it must be rounded to the final solution of 69 units of wood.

:lol:

Gotta love Chuck Norris jokes xD

None.

Dec 7 2008, 6:35 pm NudeRaider Post #307

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

What is it?

George Bush has a short one, Arnold Schwarzenegger a long one, couples often use it together, bachelors have it for themselves, Madonna has none and the pope never uses it.

Dec 7 2008, 6:35 pm Conspiracy Post #308

Im guessing a d*ck?

None.

Dec 7 2008, 6:37 pm NudeRaider Post #309

Oh c'mon, a little more imagination please.

Dec 7 2008, 6:57 pm Vi3t-X Post #310

A name!

None.

Dec 7 2008, 7:09 pm NudeRaider Post #311

Madonna has a name

Dec 7 2008, 7:14 pm Vi3t-X Post #312

Lies. :bleh:

A train of thought?

Couples think together
Bush has a small thought line.
Arnold has a huge one.
Madonna has none,
And the pope never uses his. LOL

None.

Dec 7 2008, 7:41 pm ForTheSwarm Post #313

A last name?

None.

Dec 7 2008, 7:49 pm NudeRaider Post #314

yes.
Your turn, swarm.

@Viet well so close :P

Dec 7 2008, 9:13 pm Dapperdan Post #315

Quote from name:Epoch
Quote from Dapperdan

:lol:

Gotta love Chuck Norris jokes xD

Got it from wikianswers.

None.

Dec 7 2008, 9:37 pm Vi3t-X Post #316

Oh you suck nude. :-(

None.

Dec 7 2008, 10:53 pm ForTheSwarm Post #317

You are in your house. The clock says 7:30 PM. Then you drive to the store. It takes 10 minutes. When you get there, your watch says 7:30 PM.

DUN DUN DUN. :bleh:

None.

Dec 8 2008, 12:55 am FatalException Post #318

Your watch and your clock are 10 minutes apart from each other?

The store is one-sixth of a timezone away and you cross that distance at amazing speeds because your car is secretly the Concorde?

None.

Dec 8 2008, 1:39 pm Symmetry Post #319

Dungeon Master

The store is one-sixth of a timezone away and you cross that distance at amazing speeds because your car is secretly the Concorde?

He said it takes 10 minutes :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 8 2008, 5:04 pm Dapperdan Post #320

Quote from name:Killer_Kow

He said it takes 10 minutes :P

Wait what?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 18 >
  Back to forum